Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    revprodeji is offline Starter

Re: What ever became of Omar Jacobs?????????????????????

I like Croyle better than omar and even cutler. I think he would be a great fit for this team.
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Is a Pocket Passer too much to ask for? I don't want Young or Jacobs simply because I don't want that type of a QB. I liked the extra dimension Daunte brought but he didn't work out for us so it is time for a change.

1. Leinart
    2. Cutler
    3. Croyle
    4. Whitehurst
    I agree! Is Omar a scrambler?
    He will take time to develop. He won't step in year one and contend for Brad Johnson's starting position. But neither would any of the other QBs. The closest one is Leinart who ran a pro style offense, can read defensive schemes, and can make progressions during a play. All the others need development. Cutler might be the closest after Leinart to becoming a starter. But all the others are projects. Jacobs is a willing student and one tough cookie. He does have some pocket presence at times. I don't look at him as a Vince Young or Michael Vick type. I look at all the scouting reports and as much tape as I can get to. He has the tools to learn and run the WCO. He reminds me of a raw Steve Young. Tough, fast, and nice touch on his short passes. Plus he can throw the long outs. That's a huge advantage for such a young QB.

Here's a little write up about Jacobs:
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/omar_jacobs.html

Omar Jacobs QB 6’4 232 Bowling Green Jr.
    By: Robert Davis

In his first year as a starter, Omar Jacobs had one of the greatest years of any quarterback in college football history. He completed 66.9% of his passes for 4,002 yards, and 41 touchdowns. The most impressive stat though, was that he only threw 4 interceptions on 462 passes.
    Jacobs is the complete package at quarterback. He’s tall, strong, and athletic. He has a very good arm, and can easily make all the throws. His mobility is very impressive too. When things break down, he can leave the pocket and throw on the run, or tuck it and make something happen with his feet. He has displayed poise in the pocket, though at times he has left the pocket a little early.
    ----------------------------------
    it's tarv time............

"revprodeji" wrote:
    I like Croyle better than omar and even cutler. I think he would be a great fit for this team.
    Crodie Boyle will be a great fit for the injury ward at the local hospital.... he's gonna get creamed in the NFL thanks to his "blazing" 4.90 speed.... :twisted:

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"vIker44" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Is a Pocket Passer too much to ask for? I don't want Young or Jacobs simply because I don't want that type of a QB. I liked the extra dimension Daunte brought but he didn't work out for us so it is time for a change.

1. Leinart
    2. Cutler
    3. Croyle
    4. Whitehurst
    He will take time to develop. He won't step in year one and contend for Brad Johnson's starting position. But neither would any of the other QBs. The closest one is Leinart who ran a pro style offense, can read defensive schemes, and can make progressions during a play. All the others need development. Cutler might be the closest after Leinart to becoming a starter. But all the others are projects. Jacobs is a willing student and one tough cookie. He does have some pocket presence at times. I don't look at him as a Vince Young or Michael Vick type. I look at all the scouting reports and as much tape as I can get to. He has the tools to learn and run the WCO. He reminds me of a raw Steve Young. Tough, fast, and nice touch on his short passes. Plus he can throw the long outs. That's a huge advantage for such a young QB.

In his first year as a starter, Omar Jacobs had one of the greatest years of any quarterback in college football history. He completed 66.9% of his passes for 4,002 yards, and 41 touchdowns. The most impressive stat though, was that he only threw 4 interceptions on 462 passes.
    Jacobs is the complete package at quarterback. He’s tall, strong, and athletic. He has a very good arm, and can easily make all the throws. His mobility is very impressive too. When things break down, he can leave the pocket and throw on the run, or tuck it and make something happen with his feet. He has displayed poise in the pocket, though at times he has left the pocket a little early.
    flat out, jacobs played with awful receivers and an overall awful team..the defense knew he was passing all game long, and he still put up those numbers..i dont understand why people seem to miss that when they constantly bash him..the guys numbers are absolutely INSANE
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'd love to see something of Jacobs.. But can't find a thing on YouTube or GoogleVideo.. Oh well.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "vIker44" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

1. Leinart
    2. Cutler
    3. Croyle
    4. Whitehurst

flat out, jacobs played with awful receivers and an overall awful team..the defense knew he was passing all game long, and he still put up those numbers..i dont understand why people seem to miss that when they constantly bash him..the guys numbers are absolutely INSANE
    Yep.... I've checked multiple scouting reports and have been lucky enough to see some film on the guy.... his mechanics need work but like Phil Sims has said he gets the ball where it needs to be quickly and with touch.... He's young and not that many games under his belt are some of his "weak" points... level of competition has been questioned, but the guy can flat out play..... someones going to land a STEAL with this guy...... Here's another review I found about him:

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/omarjacobs.htm

Positives:
    I am not going to waste any time in saying that I absolutely love Jacobs and prefer him over Matt Leinart. Jacobs will be a better NFL quarterback. He has a huge arm, good vision, and great mobility. He has gotten the most out of the marginal talent that he has around him.

He threw for 41 touchdowns as a sophomore and ranked third nationally in pass efficiency. Has shattered all kinds of conference records while still a young quarterback. Also does very well in the classroom, a testament to his dedication on and off the field.

Negatives:
    While I find very few aspects of his game that do not translate into NFL success, it must at least be mentioned that he has not played against consistent top-flight competition. Only games against Miami and Wisconsin this season would be considered as good, hard-nosed college football defenses.

Overview:
    Considering that Jacobs completed 30-of-51 passes for a career-best 458 yards and five touchdowns against Wisconsin, it would be safe to say that that the competition argument is a moot point. Jacobs has done all that he can with the team and the players that surround him. He has all the tools necessary to be great in the NFL, even though the learning curve may take a little longer.

Although I see Jacobs as a solid first-round selection, he probably will not go until the second or third. But whoever lands him will be landing a [size=18px]franchise[/size] quarterback.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345