Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: What ever became of Omar Jacobs?????????????????????

It's pretty crazy that a kid could fall from grace so quickly. I saw him a month ago listed in numerous sites as the #4 overall QB in the draft. Now he's fallen to around #14-18 at most sites.

People seem to be concerned that he didn't always play elite competition, he only played out of the shotgun, and he has a weird throwing motion. Miami is the only team who even invited him to an interview.

Kiper was saying a "best case" scenerio is that he gets drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

He could be a sleeper, but I'm a little gunshy about him now after seeing his rapid descent down the charts. In the end, I trust Childress to pick a quality QB for the future.
    I am a dipshit!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Benet" wrote:
    Basically, drafting a QB is a crapshoot, even more so than the rest of the draft because you have to develop a QB for at least 2 years before you know whether he sucks or not.

That being said, I wouldn't turn down Matt Leinart if he fell to us.
    Very, very true. I would definately take Leinart if he fell to us. But if not, I would not be disappointed or worried in Omar Jacobs or any of the other second or third round QBs either.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What ever happened to only using one question mark so the title isn't so annoying????????? :wink:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Goin into the 2005 season (NCAA) Omar was ranked the number 2 QB in the country but after missing 2 games due to injury he dropped down the list. IMO I put him over Croyle,Whitehurst, and all the other second round of QB's. If we dont get one of the top 3, I hope we get him.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

sodaknick is offline Starter

"vIker44" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    jacobs sounds like a project.

no thanks.
    Except for potentially Lienhart they are all projects... All have their pluses and minuses... but Jacobs is head and shoulders physically stellar above the others, added to his nice touch on short passes, student of the game and toughness I'll go with him.... face it, Culter and Young are not going to drop to 17.......
    Wow. Sounds like Jeff George...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"vIker44" wrote:
    "happy camper" wrote:
    jacobs sounds like a project.

no thanks.
    Except for potentially Lienhart they are all projects... All have their pluses and minuses... but Jacobs is head and shoulders physically stellar above the others, added to his nice touch on short passes, student of the game and toughness I'll go with him.... face it, Culter and Young are not going to drop to 17.......
    He is head and shoulders above Young physically? I think not.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

i think we should take whitehurst. i mean hes so accurate he got a 50 on the accuracy competition with olson, croyle, and young. and those three got all in the 100's and higher. lets take goof ball hairstyle croyle. injury prone, yes i love that its so great. lets take kellen clemens,WHO?.......had an injury in the 2005 season and was out for the rest of the season. we shouldnt take jacobs he clearly has no talent and he cant throw far. he has no accuracy and he cant run whatsoever. he did terrible in his two starting seasons at bowling green (sophomore and junior years).

ok now im done with this sarcasm

phuck chuck....phuck brodie........phuck kellen

DRAFT OMAR!

I really like Jacobs. But in all honesty, he's "probably" a project. I.e. ...
    who knows if he's gonna pan out. Is he the next Steve McNair... or is he Akili Smith ??? Time will tell, but I love his potential...........
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

As someone said earlier any QB is a crap shoot. Most of the hype comes from sportswriters who we all agree don't know their jiggly rear from a hole in the ground.
    I know that Childress knows QB's and can develop them so I'm gonna be happy with whatever he does. He knows a lot more about it than any sportwriter or any of us.
    That being said I am still a Jacobs fan.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    As someone said earlier any QB is a crap shoot. Most of the hype comes from sportswriters who we all agree don't know their jiggly rear from a hole in the ground.
    I know that Childress knows QB's and can develop them so I'm gonna be happy with whatever he does. He knows a lot more about it than any sportwriter or any of us.
    That being said I am still a Jacobs fan.
    I agree 100%...good post.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast