Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

What do you think is left in FA?

There are two interesting dates approaching for NFL Free Agency:

June 15th The dates clubs must relinquish RFA rights or agree to 110% of previous years salary.

September 4th It used to be that we would see a wave of Veterans cut on June 1st with the annual Salary Cap deadline. Now teams are free to keep these Veterans until the final 53 man roster cut is announced.

While the Final 4 rule keeps us from signing UFA's it does not stop us from doing a sign and trade of a token Draft Pick to leverage a priority UFA or even an earlier Draft Pick to leverage an RFA who is forcing his teams hand.

I think the Vikings would use next years late draft picks more wisely in this regard. So after June 15th it could get very interesting to see who we might pick up, there are going to be some quality players suddenley available.

Also, after the September 4th cut, a number of quality Veterans should be available, it would be an ideal time as we should have a better feel for Griffin's and Henderson's recovery as well. All of these players will be eligible to be signed by the Vikings. There will probably be a lot of surprises in this group that no one would have thought available as well. Potentially, some of these players might be shopped by teams for a cheap draft pick as well.

I seriously don't think the FO will stand pat, they probably won't go out and get 5 more players, but, I could easily see them getting 2 or 3 more players as insurance for the run to the Superbowl depending on Griffin and Henderson's health .

It should be interesting:

A list of the more Interseting FAs is below:

CB Springs, Shawn Released
    CB Rogers, Carlos RFA
    CB Marshall, Richard RFA
    CB Law, Ty UFA
    CB Allen, Will UFA
    CB Bly, Dre' UFA
    DT Henderson, John Released
    DT Thomas, Hollis UFA
    FB Hoover, Brad Released
    FB McClain, Le'Ron RFA
    FB Johnson, Jeremi UFA
    FS Atogwe, Oshiomogho RFA
    FS Bethea, Antoine RFA
    G Andrews, Shawn Released
    G Lutui, Deuce RFA
    G Mankins, Logan RFA
    G Pitts, Chester UFA
    ILB Jackson, D'Qwell RFA
    MLB Pierce, Antonio Released
    OLB Thomas, Adalius Released
    OLB Merriman, Shawne RFA
    OLB Dumervil, Elvis RFA
    OLB McIntosh, Rocky RFA
    OLB Bulluck, Keith UFA
    QB Russell, JaMarcus Released
    QB Bulger, Marc Released
    RB Lewis, Jamal Released
    RB Betts, Ladell Released
    RB Fargas, Justin Released
    RB Westbrook, Brian Released
    RB Thomas, Pierre RFA
    RB Harrison, Jerome RFA
    SS Rouse, Aaron Released
    SS Bigby, Atari RFA
    SS Landry, Dawan RFA
    SS Harper, Roman RFA
    T Adams, Flozell Released
    T Gaither, Jared RFA
    T Brown, Jammal RFA
    TE Fasano, Anthony RFA
    TE Daniels, Owen RFA
    TE Fitzsimmons, Casey UFA
    TE McMichael, Randy UFA
    WR Walker, Javon Released
    WR Coles, Laveranues Released
    WR Jackson, Vincent RFA
    WR Floyd, Malcom RFA
    WR Austin, Miles RFA
    WR Moore, Lance RFA
    WR Owens, Terrell UFA
    WR Washington, Kelley UFA
    WR Muhammad, Muhsin UFA

Add to that the Veterans who will be let go and it should be interesting...
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What do you think is left in FA?

not quite accurate. We can sign UFA's, we just can't sign UFA's who's contracts expired on their own and salary will exceed Chester and Hick's salary.

We can sign anybody who's been cut or out of the league for a while.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    not quite accurate. We can sign UFA's, we just can't sign UFA's who's contracts expired on their own and salary will exceed Chester and Hick's salary.

Dude! Let's get Javon! His best years were with Favre flinging him the rock! Yeah!

Hell - I bet that would make Marty have an aneurysm!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Dude! Let's get Javon! His best years were with Favre flinging him the rock! Yeah!

=Z=
    his reaction alone woudl make it worth it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The 3 places I would like to see them do anything are OL, interior DL and LB.

The D line could use some short term depth if the suspensions happen. I know we have guys there and I heard the Chiller saying we have enough guys but injuries happen and if we have a few interior DL get dinged we could be pretty vulnerable.

Th Oline has been a thorn in our sides for years and more depth there wouldn't hurt anything. Once again think of how the line would look if Hutch got hurt and we had to replace him with Cook. Not a pretty sight. Also, if Sullivan doesn't improve this year or gets hurt we could be pretty thin in the ranks.

The LB squad is also a group where depth wouldn't be a bad thing.

That being said i don't think we will see much if any play from the FO with this. They are pretty content with the roster and I don't see them being too aggressive.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Re:What do you think is left in FA?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/31/as-june-1-approaches-36-restricted-free-agents-havent-signed-their-tender-offers/

hey guys! its been a while for me, but i think we have an opportunity here that i should bring up. Atogwe has become one of the better safeties in the league who doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's on a lackluster team. Would you want to pursue him?? we could use an upgrade over either of our safeties and he may become technically a "unrestricted" free agent after june 1st if the Rams don't extend the offer (which according to the article, doesn't sound like they're gonna do).

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Blog Entries

thatjusthappened28 wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/31/as-june-1-approaches-36-restricted-free-agents-havent-signed-their-tender-offers/

hey guys! its been a while for me, but i think we have an opportunity here that i should bring up. Atogwe has become one of the better safeties in the league who doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's on a lackluster team. Would you want to pursue him?? we could use an upgrade over either of our safeties and he may become technically a "unrestricted" free agent after june 1st if the Rams don't extend the offer (which according to the article, doesn't sound like they're gonna do).
    I would absolutely be a fan of bringing him in. Very least, he pushed TJ and MW, at best, we finallyg et a reliable safety that I don't have to worry about every snap.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Big fan of Atogwe. Wanted him last year, but I think he was franchised. If he becomes available I hope we take a look at him, but chances are we don't.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

=Z=
    That would be hilarious!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

gamecocksbaseball31 wrote:

Big fan of Atogwe. Wanted him last year, but I think he was franchised. If he becomes available I hope we take a look at him, but chances are we don't.
    The Vikings will surely take a look at Atogwe, and if he's interested, they may even make him an offer. However, if another team increases the bid or he tries to negotiate for a larger paycheck, I think we'll move on.

I wouldn't mind the pick up though.

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=
    That would be hilarious!
    Hilarious isn't exactly the word I would use... maddening perhaps. Now, the threads that would arise and the arguments that would ensue after such a signing... that would be hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast