Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: What do you think about signing Joe Horn?

Not gonna happen...Childress has doesnt like to sign good, proven players. He likes to sign lifetime back-ups and no-name guys...so Kevin Curtis fits the profile...

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

jackal is offline Training Camp

Not gonna happen...Child ress has doesnt like to sign good, proven players. He likes to sign lifetime back-ups and no-name guys...so Kevin Curtis fits the profile...

Curtis is better than a back up. I would rate him a number two
    reciever at least.
    Your right though childress does not have a
    great track record on bringing in talent.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Curtis never had his chance to show that he can be a number 1 guy..

Im not saying that he is.. But its hard when you are burried behind Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt for your intire career..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jackal" wrote:
    Not gonna happen...Child ress has doesnt like to sign good, proven players. He likes to sign lifetime back-ups and no-name guys...
    Based on what history fact do you make this statemet?
    ???

I only see one maybe two bad moves from last year, we didn't get into CAP trouble and almost all of them will contribute for a few years in our current system.

Free Agent Signings from last year.

Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

San Diego Chargers defensive end DeQuincy Scott. Terms unknown.

Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.
    Team needs to get someone to give him a break.)

San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value.)

Signed CB Ronyell Whitaker. (21 tackles, 3 assists.
    Added some depth)

Signed fullback Joey Goodspeed.
    (Did not play injury)

Seems to me they made some pretty good choices based on talent evaluations, how they would fit in the system, all the while not breaking the bank so the team can continue to get better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jackal" wrote:
    Not gonna happen...Child ress has doesnt like to sign good, proven players. He likes to sign lifetime back-ups and no-name guys...
    ???

I only see one maybe two bad moves from last year, we didn't get into CAP trouble and almost all of them will contribute for a few years in our current system.

Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.

San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value.)

Added some depth)

(Did not play injury)

Seems to me they made some pretty good choices based on talent evaluations, how they would fit in the system, all the while not breaking the bank so the team can continue to get better.
    It's kind of like arguing with a newborn about the causes of global warming.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jackal" wrote:
    ???

Added some depth)

(Did not play injury)

It's kind of like arguing with a newborn about the causes of global warming.
    I know...... ;D
    Luv the thread about moving Birk to G.....Cajun is cracking me up
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I know alot of people think well take Ted Ginn but I think hes way to similar to the same situation we had with TWill.
    Hes got speed and hes got better hands than TWill but not great hands.
    The only reason I see Childress and Comp.
    drafting him is because at worst he could be a kick returner.
    I just think Ginn and Jarrett are to similar to TWill and Mike Williams.
    We need to find a way to get CJ!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"vikingsfanpa8202" wrote:
    I know alot of people think well take Ted Ginn but I think hes way to similar to the same situation we had with TWill.

Hes got speed and hes got better hands than TWill but not great hands.

The only reason I see Childress and Comp.

drafting him is because at worst he could be a kick returner.

I just think Ginn and Jarrett are to similar to TWill and Mike Williams.

We need to find a way to get CJ!
    this is a topic about us getting joe horn not ted ginn
    ???
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

i know I kinda started the topic there.
    but sum1 brought up sumtin about Ted Ginn.
    Id luv to see horn of the team because he is a proven reciever but he is getting kind of old.
    How old is Horn neway?

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"vikingsfanpa8202" wrote:
    i know I kinda started the topic there.
    but sum1 brought up sumtin about Ted Ginn.
    Id luv to see horn of the team because he is a proven reciever but he is getting kind of old.
    How old is Horn neway?

hey man its allright. just make sure youre posts are meaningful and the topics you start havnt already been started (use the search feature) and youll be fine.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast