Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Json is offline GM

What do u think?

Ok here is something I've been drumming up in my head and I think it would be a great move on our part. We all know we are in dire need of a LB (or two) as well as a QB to train under "Ol' Man Johnson"(now I don't say "Ol' Man Johnson" to put him down..I think he'll do great in the new system and I like the guy. I just say it because it rolls of the tongue so well....so try saying it a few times and you'll know what I'm talking about). With that said we have more then enough first day draft picks to trade NO for there 2nd over all pick which would either give us a shot at Young or Leinart. I don't care to go into the mathmatics of what picks and players we would need to give up for the # 2 spot but since they have Brees now they could move back in the draft get a couple other picks to fill some voids they still have and it's a win-win for everyone involved. Now I just hope that the TOA is thinking on the same waive length as me and we do something spectacular to shake up the draft and put us in a great position for the future. So what do you think? Great idea or no?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: What do u think?

I think that stuff like this is being hashed in other threads.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Json" wrote:
    Ok here is something I've been drumming up in my head and I think it would be a great move on our part. We all know we are in dire need of a LB (or two) as well as a QB to train under "Ol' Man Johnson"(now I don't say "Ol' Man Johnson" to put him down..I think he'll do great in the new system and I like the guy. I just say it because it rolls of the tongue so well....so try saying it a few times and you'll know what I'm talking about). With that said we have more then enough first day draft picks to trade NO for there 2nd over all pick which would either give us a shot at Young or Leinart. I don't care to go into the mathmatics of what picks and players we would need to give up for the # 2 spot but since they have Brees now they could move back in the draft get a couple other picks to fill some voids they still have and it's a win-win for everyone involved. Now I just hope that the TOA is thinking on the same waive length as me and we do something spectacular to shake up the draft and put us in a great position for the future. So what do you think? Great idea or no?

We have some other pressing needs right now to just package a bunch of draft picks to NO. With that said, I believe that if the Vikes were to do that, that they would go after Cutler before either Leinart, or Young.. So I would have to say that it is a bad deal...

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    I think you should break your post into two chunks with a space between them so I can read it.

So what I got from this is we need a couple LB's so lets trade the farm for a rookie QB?

No thanks.

Json is offline GM

I know other threads have discussed this in other forums but please understand that our free agency has dwindled down and the draft is the next best thing at this point. What else can we talk about? We could discuss not football related things but I can do that anywhere. Sorry for sharing my thoughts.

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    I know other threads have discussed this in other forums but please understand that our free agency has dwindled down and the draft is the next best thing at this point. What else can we talk about? We could discuss not football related things but I can do that anywhere. Sorry for sharing my thoughts.
    Don't be sorry for sharing your thoughts.

Don't ask people what they think if you don't want to hear what they think.

You said yourself he can get it done....no need IMO to trade a ton of potential great picks for one guy. There will be a free agency period next year too. You said yourself we need a coupld LB's.....forget about trading many picks for an unproven guy for our future.

You might be creating another Dallas Cowboys we get Herchel they get three HOF players and a couple superbowls......no thanks.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

No, thats not it.

Its just that what you are proposing is not a new idea and has been discussed; thats all.

There are some people here, not saying you are one of them, who always feel it is imperitive that they start a new thread for a topic that is ongoing; like Nate Burleson. Its as if they are saying, "hey, give me the attention...I need your attention."

Like I said, its not necessarily you. You are new and I understand this.

We encourage you to share your thoughts. Have a unique take, start a new thread.

Json is offline GM

LB's are deep in this draft. I'm sure we can find some decent ones in the later part of the draft. But QB's on the other hand is somewhere I want to see a proven winner and Cutler is by no means a proven winner at this point.

Json is offline GM

Thanks Ultra. I am new to this and theres no real news coming out of winter park at this point so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Del Rio Guest

"Json" wrote:
    LB's are deep in this draft. I'm sure we can find some decent ones in the later part of the draft. But QB's on the other hand is somewhere I want to see a proven winner and Cutler is by no means a proven winner at this point.
    No one is a prooven winner at the level they will be playing. That is exactly why you can get a Drew Brees in the Later rounds, and a Ryan Leaf in the begining.

Winning in college does NOT translate to the NFL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast