Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What to do off season?

:?: If the Vikes wanna b smart there are lotsa stuff 2 do. We should sign Edgerrin James and maybe trade Pep to the saints and draft a linebacker like A.J. Hawk and later Draft Bobby Carpenter. We should also sign Reggie Wayne so we could have a new deep threat. Or somehow If we are lucky we could Trade Pep to the texans and get Reggie Bush that is if the texans want a better QB. Some Websites I saw looking at Mock Drafts said we would get a TE but we do not need one cause we got Jermaine. And will the receivers get better in the Off-season?

scarface is offline Training Camp

Re: What to do off season?

O-line and lb our the biggest concern that we need to address

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I posted this in another thread and there is no chance in hell of me re typing it.

"Mr Anderson" wrote:

We have 23 million in cap room to spend on free agents this year(Red was such an donkey butt, but he could manage money like none other), we can afford to sign Edgerrin James, Keep Burleson, Koren Robinson, Edinger, hopefully Keith Newman(but I don't think we will, Tomlin is gonna want more solid tacklers at the OLB positions) and Fonoti(if he can control his weight). Even with those signings, it's only one big name, Edgerrin James, Burleson, Koren, Edinger, and Fonoti will not cost us much and we will have room to bring in a lineman like Steve Hutchinson from the Seahawks, or Stephen Nea from the Patriots, to protect our two big investments, Culpepper and possibly Edgerrin.

The people we will lose, but surely replace in the draft are Corey Chavous(who I really hate to see go, but I don't think we are resigning him) Michael Bennett(who I say we try to send to Arizona for Adrian Wilson.(Denny Green called Bennett "A gift from God", so he might go for that trade), Moe Williams, Brian Williams(Who played great this year, and I would rather have than Smoot), Lance Johnstone and Sam Cowart, who are both old. We won't really lose anyone else of real importance.

In the draft we could get either Michael Huff from Texas, or Jimmy Williams to play safety in place of Chavous, they're both first rounders, but one should definitely fall to us, hopefully Williams, he has better size, and is a harder hitter.

We could also take a linebacker, like D'Qwell Jackson, to play that MLB spot. Although I think EJ Henderson or Dontarrious Thomas are both suited greatly for the Tampa 2 MLB spot.

A guy I hear a lot about who is a guard out of USC Taitusi Lutui. He's being compared to David Dixon, he's 6'6 365, and played on that USC line, so we know he's good. I'm really not sure what we will do about the Right Tackle position.

There's a million things we can do to improve the team this off season, and with new coaching and new ownership, along with a lot of money to spend, I see us making a bunch of signing within the first few weeks of Free Agency.

Hopeful/Realistic lineup for next season would be

QB: Daunte Culpepper
    RB: Edgerrin James*
    WR#1: Koren Robinson*
    WR#2: Nate Burleson*
    TE: Jermaine Wiggins
    FB/TE: Jimmy Kleinsasser
    LT: Bryant McKinnie
    LG: Toniu Fonoti*
    C: Matt Birk
    RG: Marcus Johnson
    RT: anyone but Rosenthal, possible sign John Runyan?*

CB#1: Antoine Winfield
    CB#2: Fred Smoot
    FS: Darren Sharper
    SS: Jimmy Williams/ Michael Huff**
    MLB: EJ Henderson
    Will: Dontarrious Thomas
    Sam: Napoleon Harris
    DE: Kenechi Udeze
    DT: Pat Williams
    DT: Kevin Williams
    DE: Erasmus James

K: Paul Edinger*
    P: "The Great One" Chris Kluwe

*=Sign/Resign
    **=Rookie

EDIT: The only way we can trade Michael Bennett is if we put a Franchise Tag on him, which seems unlikely, but I've seen stranger things happen.

Thanks for pointing that out Cajun.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"scarface" wrote:
    QFT!
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

Seems to me the biggest problem had last season was the O-Line with all the injuries and such. They should shore up that area first through free agency then try to lure a big name running back to run behind them. Picking up a good clutch receiver would be another area to consider. Then draft the best available player with their picks and let them develope.

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Mr. Anderson, i agree with your post for the most part, lineup looks pretty solid, we do need a replacement for RT.

Dontarius and Harris are huge question marks. With great coaching though we may get those guys to play to there full potential, I got alot of faith in Tomlin and believe he will get the most out of his players. Both guys have extreme talent, and where high draft pics for a reason.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    :?: If the Vikes wanna b smart there are lotsa stuff 2 do. We should sign Edgerrin James and maybe trade Pep to the saints and draft a linebacker like A.J. Hawk and later Draft Bobby Carpenter. We should also sign Reggie Wayne so we could have a new deep threat. Or somehow If we are lucky we could Trade Pep to the texans and get Reggie Bush that is if the texans want a better QB. Some Websites I saw looking at Mock Drafts said we would get a TE but we do not need one cause we got Jermaine. And will the receivers get better in the Off-season?
    Reggie Wayne is a #2 WR at best...and we are already loaded at WR (as long as we re-sign KRob). The Pep trades you suggest will NEVER happen. You ARE correct about your assessment of the TE position, however (I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually) :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "scarface" wrote:
    QFT!

QFT? What does this mean?

Gift is offline Coordinator

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "scarface" wrote:
    QFT!

Quote for truth
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "scarface" wrote:
    QFT!

Quote for truth

OK, gotcha. Thanks..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast