ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

What To Do With Culpepper? Does He Deserve To Be Paid Higher

Does Culpepper Deserve to be paid higher than he already is? NO He played horrible this year and now he wants more $$ thats ridiculous. I can see if he put up good numbers and then wanted more Money but this guy must be nuts. Also his attitude now seems like he wants out of a Vikings Uniform. I wish we didn't get rid of MOSS and got rid of #11. He was supposed to be a leader but now he is playing the role of a CHUMP. If he does come back this season he has a lot to prove to every Viking fan.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: What To Do With Culpepper? Does He Deserve To Be Paid Higher

Does this topic deserve as much attention and mutiple threads made out of it? NO!!
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What To Do With Culpepper? Does He Deserve To Be Paid Hi

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    Does Culpepper Deserve to be paid higher than he already is? NO He played horrible this year and now he wants more $$ thats ridiculous. I can see if he put up good numbers and then wanted more Money but this guy must be nuts. Also his attitude now seems like he wants out of a Vikings Uniform. I wish we didn't get rid of MOSS and got rid of #11. He was supposed to be a leader but now he is playing the role of a CHUMP. If he does come back this season he has a lot to prove to every Viking fan.
    CLick on this link. This thread has 8 pages to read!

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18075

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Fri, Jan. 20, 2006

[size=18px]Agent says Culpepper didn't OK commentsAshe seeks to clarify contract remarks[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

One day after saying Daunte Culpepper is prepared to begin scheduled contract restructuring, his agent said the Vikings quarterback did not authorize him to comment on negotiations or to seek more money from the team.

"Daunte's primary focus is on rehabilitating his knee," Mason Ashe said Thursday of Culpepper, who tore three ligaments in his right knee Oct. 30 against the Carolina Panthers.

Ashe said he wanted to clarify any misconceptions regarding Culpepper's contract status. In August, the Vikings gave Culpepper an extra $7.5 million in guaranteed money in restructuring his 10-year, $102 million deal signed in May 2003. Ashe said that he, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski agreed to discuss further restructuring after the 2005 season.

Culpepper, whose base salary for 2006 is $2 million, is due a $6 million roster bonus in March.

"I am poised and ready to begin the scheduled restructuring of his long-term contract with the Vikings, as we discussed last summer with Mr. Wilf, so Daunte can assume the position on the NFL pay scale that he so deserves," Ashe said Wednesday.

On Thursday Ashe said: "I have never forewarned a team about negotiating with me at some point or another, in my 15 years in the business. That is not what I said nor my style of representation."

Ashe said he wants to make sure the team will not misconstrue his comments.

"In no way do I want to disrespect or threaten the Vikings about what they have to do with any of their players, because I'm aware that they will do what's in the best interest of their team," Ashe said.

Wilf refused to discuss Culpepper's contract status Thursday.

"I don't think it's anyone else's business," Wilf said. "It's between us and them. I have nothing to say on that."

Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

It is my understanding that hes due a roster bonus and not demanding more money. Maybe I'm wrong. I am not a big Culpepper guy but I think we should give him the bonus and have Brad start the season. Either during the season or the following season it should be Daunte's team. There just aren't enough good QBs out there to bring someone in. This team is so close and needs a proven QB. I don't know if Daunte will deliver but he appears to be our best option as our long term guy.

[color=red]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'll say this,

He's due what was promised and not more than that....

Now if he meets with the owners and his agent, and they want to wright up some type of performance clause to go along with whats ever been sealed as a done deal already, I don't see anything wrong with that..

I've always said, most of the high end money these players are making today, should be based on their personal accomplishments and for outstanding play....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.