Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well-timed moves make Vikings toast of the North...

[size=10pt]Well-timed moves make Vikings toast of the North[/size]

By JIM SOUHAN, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 6, 2008 - 8:07 PM

Rivals have regressed, and Favre is a dream-killer no more.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Well-timed moves make Vikings toast of the North...

My favorite quote:

"The Lions are, tragically, still the Lions. They collapsed at the end of last season, and they're sure to trade away their first-round pick in the draft for three lowers picks, so they can take even more wide receivers. As long as Matt Millen is in charge, they're doomed."

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Can a team win a division title with players of uncertain pedigree at the three of the most important positions in the game -- quarterback and defensive end?
    Absolutely.

Green Bay remains our only real challenge.
    Aaron Rogers is a fairly decent QB - but I think the the Vikings are going to be serious contenders for the NFC North this year.
    God... it has been so long since we've had a home playoff game... It is sending chills down my spine just thinking about it!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We're drinking the purple koolaid again.

1) We are under estimating the bears. Their team as always been formed on Defense.
    We won only 1 game more than a team that played most of last year without, Their 2 starting CBs, FS, DT. I don't think we will be that fortunate this year. The Bears biggest issue is is their run game.
    I wouldn't be surprise if they select a RB like Mendallhall or a WR like Sweed in the draft. We must not count this team out yet.

2) Packers, Yes they lost Farve and no one knows what Rodgers bring to the table. He is a 1st round pick that is being groomed to take over the QB position . With out Farve they sill have a great looking RB in Grant and the best WR core in the league.

3) Lions. Yes the Lions are the laughing stock of the league. However, they played with an injured WR and their their Socondary is already looking better. I think they will be worst off not having Rodgers, I don't think we should be marking down any of these games as easy wins...

I see us going 4 and 2 in the division. We sweep 1 team and tie the others.
    However, I won't be penciling in the post season until I see Tjack improve.

"kevoncox" wrote:

1) We are under estimating the bears. Their team as always been formed on Defense.
    We won only 1 game more than a team that played most of last year without, Their 2 starting CBs, FS, DT. I don't think we will be that fortunate this year. The Bears biggest issue is is their run game.
    I wouldn't be surprise if they select a RB like Mendallhall or a WR like Sweed in the draft. We must not count this team out yet.

2) Packers, Yes they lost Farve and no one knows what Rodgers bring to the table. He is a 1st round pick that is being groomed to take over the QB position . With out Farve they sill have a great looking RB in Grant and the best WR core in the league.

3) Lions. Yes the Lions are the laughing stock of the league. However, they played with an injured WR and their their Socondary is already looking better. I think they will be worst off not having Rodgers, I don't think we should be marking down any of these games as easy wins...

I would disagree a bit: The bears are pinning EVERYTHING on Hester learning how to be a reciever during camp. That's it. Check out the bears fan boards, the people who know the team best. Some over there are in despair over the wr and qb slots. Despair. The bears hoped for continued dominance of the North went with Jones. Wrecks and neckbeard? I'll take T-Jack over them any day. As for the pack, if anything, Rodgers is being waaay overhyped because of the cowboys game. Who are his back-ups?
    Grant also was another samko (imo). Rodgers sits behind farvray for 3 years and has one (1) decent game (lost it) and he is the next S.Young? No way. If anything, the Lions have the team to be wary of: Kitna is good. But look who's getting all the attention, Rodgers. I think if Millen gets hit by a bus, the lions will then be the only real compitition for the North. IMO
    Tuco the world.....

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:

The reason Grant was good is because defenses feared Favre. Losing him will be a fatal blow and make Grant look average. Their WR core is not the best in the league!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:

I wonder if those WR's will look as good when they don't have a first ballet HOF'r throwing to them.

They Bears haven't done anything to upgrade that vaunted defense, unless you count resigning Briggs.
    As soon as they give Urpacker his money they won't have any left to upgrade any other position.
    Besides, that offense will be so bad that thier D will be tired by the first half.

Still not sold on the Lions.
    I thought they would be better than they were last year and said as much.
    Guess I was wrong.

Nope, I will take the Vikes (no purple glasses) to makea serious run at the Div.
    4-2 in the Div is realistic but I think we win another one and go 5-1.

Detroit - Win both
    Bores - Win both
    Pack - Split

That plus 5 more wins out of the Div = 10-6 and a playoff spot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I wonder if those WR's will look as good when they don't have a first ballet HOF'r throwing to them.

They Bears haven't done anything to upgrade that vaunted defense, unless you count resigning Briggs.
    As soon as they give Urpacker his money they won't have any left to upgrade any other position.
    Besides, that offense will be so bad that thier D will be tired by the first half.

Guess I was wrong.

Nope, I will take the Vikes (no purple glasses) to makea serious run at the Div.

Detroit - Win both
    Bores - Win both
    Pack - Split

Marrdro, look on the floor. I believe one of the lenses of your purple shades just fell out.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings vault to top of NFC North[/size]

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mike O'Hara
    detnews.com

By a process of addition and subtraction -- what they've gained, what other teams have lost, and what one team has failed to do -- the Minnesota Vikings have jumped to the top of the NFC North after the first week of free agency.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Guess I was wrong.

Detroit - Win both
    Bores - Win both
    Pack - Split

YOu are expectign their offense to be so bad that the defense will get tired, However, i epect their defense to be so good that they will give the offense a short feild to either score or punt to keep a lot of teams in bad feild position...

I think their offense is in shambles but their defense wis going to be back with a healthy Tomm Harris.

2) The Packers - I wasn't impressed with the Cowboys game. I howeverm won't bet against rodgers until i see him play.He could be very good, average or very bad...Lets wait and see. However, he has alot of weapons. K. Robinson never needed a QB to make him look good and he's their 4th stringer.

3 - Lions - CJ will be better and they may decided to draft a RB like Stewart that makes this team a offense juggant.

All i say is you can crown us if you want to. GO ahead and crown us. We are exactly who we thought they were.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast