Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Well it looks like we are takin a Fullback in the draft

"KevinK" wrote:
    I think we should take the best player at any postion(except RB in the first round). This is how you develop the best team/best competion between good players at the same position.
    If this FB is the best player than take him! ;D
    But if you ask me who I want... it would be a vet WR.
    A vet WR in the draft?!

I didn't know you could do that!

Lol, jk, I know what your sayin Kevin

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I would love to see Hester turn into a goal line monster like Moe Williams was for us for those years.....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

davike is offline Team Alumni

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    I would love to see Hester turn into a goal line monster like Moe Williams was for us for those years.....
    Goal line monster? I haven't really seen the kid play but I have seen his stats and they aren't that impressive. And we have AD, who is only a few pounds lighter then Hester. He does fine on the goal line for us that I have seen. Why should we draft Hester?

I maybe sounding like an idiot because I haven't seen him play much but just my opinion

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"davike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Goal line monster? I haven't really seen the kid play but I have seen his stats and they aren't that impressive. And we have AD, who is only a few pounds lighter then Hester. He does fine on the goal line for us that I have seen. Why should we draft Hester?

I maybe sounding like an idiot because I haven't seen him play much but just my opinion

I'm from LSU - not necessarily saying I want him on the goal line instead of AD...
    But I'm a huge fan of Hester.
    The kid is the hardest working player that team had.... he was the type of guy that got you 4 yards when you need 3; 6 when you need 5; etc.
    His stats aren't amazing and I doubt his combine will be either, but he just was the type of player who got it done... The Tigers had way more talented players in the wings but he got the carries.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Richardson is getting old and its time to get a Franchise Fullback

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Do the Vikings needs a fullback? Fullbacks are generally really blockers and not runners or pass catchers, although they can be on occasion. But more often now, a fullback's talent and value to a team is usually judged by the success of the team's halfback or by how many times the team's quarterback is sacked, similar to the way offensive linemen are judged.
    I think the question you have to ask yourself is this: Is Richardson a good blocker. And my answer would be "good" but not "great."
    And the other question I wonder about is why we don't see Richardson more on the field protecting the passer than we do rather than our other running back. Is it because he's not a great pass protection blocker?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Do the Vikings needs a fullback? Fullbacks are generally really blockers and not runners or pass catchers, although they can be on occasion. But more often now, a fullback's talent and value to a team is usually judged by the success of the team's halfback or by how many times the team's quarterback is sacked, similar to the way offensive linemen are judged.
    I think the question you have to ask yourself is this: Is Richardson a good blocker. And my answer would be "good" but not "great."
    And the other question I wonder about is why we don't see Richardson more on the field protecting the passer than we do rather than our other running back. Is it because he's not a great pass protection blocker?
    He is better known as a lead blocker for a guy but I think he does a pretty good job of picking up blitzers as well. Problem is numbers.

If you are gonna have 2 WR, 2 TE's and a RB on the field, the FB is usually the one taken out of the rotation.
    That would be my assesment of why he isn't on the field as much.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

LOL! Someone reads a few schmo's mock drafts & takes it as gospel.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    He is better known as a lead blocker for a guy but I think he does a pretty good job of picking up blitzers as well. Problem is numbers.

If you are gonna have 2 WR, 2 TE's and a RB on the field, the FB is usually the one taken out of the rotation.
    That would be my assessment of why he isn't on the field as much.
    Good assessment and hopefully we see much more of that sort of thing next year.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikings" wrote:
    Richardson is getting old and its time to get a Franchise Fullback
    If theres one thing every successful team needs it's a 'Franchise Fullback.'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast