Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: We sould be looking at Culpepper as Backup QB(didnt see this topic first 6 p

"Schutz" wrote:
    The only way Dante will ever be on this team again is if the Eagles sign him as a backup.
    Then we will trade our first round pick for him.
    LOL! There's a lot of truth to that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We sould be looking at Culpepper as Backup QB(didnt see this topic first 6 pages

No....He got his own butt kicked out of town...

He never will be back, He doesn't want to be back, Chilly and Co. don't want him back...

I don't want him back, he sucks
    I don't see why you want him back
    No Conifidence, Not a team player and certainly not a leader

Hell, I'd take Bollinger over Culpepper anyday...

KevinK is offline Starter

Re: We sould be looking at Culpepper as Backup QB(didnt see this topic first 6 pages

"Peppy" wanted out and we showed him the door.
    I hated him for his bad attitude and thought he was reckless.
    He had his day in the sun with the perfect weapons (Moss, Carter, Smith) and now its over.
    I have bitter feelings about a guy who wanted 10 million dollars after missing most of the year due to injury.
    I see this guy and laugh when I see him play. I know its bitter.
    But its how I feel.

Re: We sould be looking at Culpepper as Backup QB(didnt see this topic first 6 p

"KevinK" wrote:
    "Peppy" wanted out and we showed him the door.
    I hated him for his bad attitude and thought he was reckless.
    He had his day in the sun with the perfect weapons (Moss, Carter, Smith) and now its over.
    I have bitter feelings about a guy who wanted 10 million dollars after missing most of the year due to injury.
    I see this guy and laugh when I see him play. I know its bitter.
    But its how I feel.
    What he was after was the money promised to him before the begining of the 2005 season, not money for his performance during the 2005 season. If you recall he was going to "sit out" of training camp after having a great 2004 season, but was talked into playing & promised they would renegotiate his contract at the seasons end.

That injury ended his career as far as I was concerned. Regardless of the contract dispute, he would IMO never be the same again.

Ironically though, we still got a second round pick for an injured QB, which is a lot more than the Raiders got for Moss.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

as a football player, hed certainly be a far better option as a backup than anybody else out there..from a personal standpoint, its just about impossible for this organization to bring the guy back after how poorly he acted when he forced randy out, then himself
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"olson_10" wrote:
    as a football player, hed certainly be a far better option as a backup than anybody else out there..from a personal standpoint, its just about impossible for this organization to bring the guy back after how poorly he acted when he forced randy out, then himself
    Yeah, It would be much like punching your old boss in the face, knocking up his daughter, and then coming back a couple years later wondering about a job.

"olson_10" wrote:
    as a football player, hed certainly be a far better option as a backup than anybody else out there..from a personal standpoint, its just about impossible for this organization to bring the guy back after how poorly he acted when he forced randy out, then himself.
    LOL! Culpepper did not force Moss out. Moss' attitude & antics & Red are the reasons Moss is gone.

Is Culpepper the reason Moss was ejected out of Oakland for a measly 4th round pick as well? A 4th round pick from 1 of only 3 teams that even showed remote interest in him?

There are 32 teams in the NFL & only 3 teams showed any interest in him at all when the Raiders were practically giving him away. Why do you suppose that is?

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    as a football player, hed certainly be a far better option as a backup than anybody else out there..from a personal standpoint, its just about impossible for this organization to bring the guy back after how poorly he acted when he forced randy out, then himself.
    LOL! Culpepper did not force Moss out. Moss' attitude & antics & Red are the reasons Moss is gone.

Is Culpepper the reason Moss was ejected out of Oakland for a measly 4th round pick as well? A 4th round pick from 1 of only 3 teams that even showed remote interest in him?

There are 32 teams in the NFL & only 3 teams showed any interest in him at all when the Raiders were practically giving him away. Why do you suppose that is?
    Because the Raiders are the black hole of positive thinking?
    Or the Patriots just knew what others didn't?

The REAL main reason Moss got the boot from MN was the MEDIA and Red Mcombs.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

Yep! I forgot to include the media. Thanx Schutz.

That is another big reason that the Vikings look for great character in their players instead of prima donnas or great players that have off field issues.

The media in Minnesota loves to eat those type players alive & will print anything they can to paint a negative picture of the Vikings to the voters & tax payers in Minnesota.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

Yep! I forgot to include the media. Thanx Schutz.

That is another big reason that the Vikings look for great character in their players instead of prima donnas or great players that have off field issues.

The media in Minnesota loves to eat those type players alive & will print anything they can to paint a negative picture of the Vikings to the voters & tax payers in Minnesota.
    Amen.

Almost all teams suffer some sort of negative press from thier local hacks, but I gotta agree that the Vikes seem to have the hounds at thier heels up there in the "Great White North".

Fricken sports hacks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast