Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We should take Adarius Bowman high in the draft.

If he falls to the 2nd round, we're in the money. This guy is an Bolden with Speed ;D.
    Hope to see him in purple and gold but I expec thim to shoot up the rankings because of the combine.
    Known issues ( Kicked out of preious university for drug use) Was injured a bit this year.
    Can't we forgive the past?????? Him and rice will destroy teams for years to come.

For those that don't know....
    Height:
    6-4

Weight:

Developed into one of the nation’s top big-play receivers during his record-breaking junior season ... Voted Big 12 offensive newcomer of the year and first-team all-league by the coaches and Associated Press ... A national honors candidate in 2007 ... Coming off one of the top receiving seasons in Oklahoma State history ... Spent the spring semester as a member of Sean Sutton’s Cowboy basketball team ... A 2006 semifinalist for the Biletnikoff Award, which is presented annually to the nation’s top receiver ... Presented the Bob Fenimore Award at the OSU football banquet as OSU’s team MVP.

Finished the season 11th nationally and second in the Big 12 with 90.85 receiving yards per game ... Was fifth in the Big 12 with 4.6 catches per game ... Caught 12 TD passes ... Set a Big 12 record with 300 receiving yards against Kansas ... His effort against the Jayhawks was the 11th best game in NCAA history and included 13 catches and four touchdowns ... The 13 catches are second best by a Cowboy in a game ... Specialty is long distance scores as his touchdown grabs included scoring receptions covering 75, 69, 64, 55, 54 45 and 34 yards ... The 75-yard grab at Houston was the 11th longest TD reception in OSU history ... Ended the season with 1,181 receiving yards to rank fourth on the Cowboys’ single-season chart ... His 60 catches rank sixth in a season at OSU ... Averaged 19.7 yards per catch ... His 11 touchdown receptions represent the eighth best total in the country ... Of his 60 receptions, 51 resulted in a first down or a touchdown ... Along with his record day at KU, Bowman had seven receptions for 166 yards and a score at Houston (the 13th best game in OSU history) ... Caught six passes against Oklahoma for 80 yards and had three grabs covering 86 yards with a TD in the OSU win over Nebraska ... Had 93 receiving yards on just two receptions against Florida Atlantic ... Had three receptions for 50 yards and a touchdown against Alabama in the Independence

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: We should take Adarius Bowman high in the draft.

Not worth a first round pick IMO.
    He looked horrible all week in Senior Bowl practice and then "dropped" a questionable TD at the end of the first half (looked good to me though, but you have to hold on all the way through to be sure).
    I think Malcolm Kelly or Desean Jackson would be better options...even a player like the 6-7 James Hardy.
    He also has some off the field problems in his past.
    If we don't draft a WR in the first and he is the best available in the second....maybe then I would take a shot on him.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Not worth a first round pick IMO.
    He looked horrible all week in Senior Bowl practice and then "dropped" a questionable TD at the end of the first half (looked good to me though, but you have to hold on all the way through to be sure).
    I think Malcolm Kelly or Desean Jackson would be better options...even a player like the 6-7 James Hardy.
    He also has some off the field problems in his past.
    If we don't draft a WR in the first and he is the best available in the second....maybe then I would take a shot on him.
    I'm not intrested in spending a 1st on the guy at # 17. If he can fall to us in the 2nd, I want him.
    300 yard 1 game?????

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

if he is there in the 2nd and no one else is there for us to pick sure
    or we could take a chance and see if hardy is there in the 3rd rd

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

DeSean Jackson
    Malcolm Kelly
    Adarius Bowman
    Limas Sweed
    Early Doucet
    James Hardy

What are the chances of 6 WRs off of the board after 47 picks (our 2nd)?
    I kinda like those odds.

Unless we get Berrian, then it's all a void and I'll shut up.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

If he got kicked out of school for drugs then that means he is instantly in the substance program in the NFL.
    Is it worth getting a guy that is a piss test away from a month suspension?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    DeSean Jackson
    Malcolm Kelly
    Adarius Bowman
    Limas Sweed
    Early Doucet
    James Hardy

What are the chances of 6 WRs off of the board after 47 picks (our 2nd)?
    I kinda like those odds.

Unless we get Berrian, then it's all a void and I'll shut up.
    The odds would appear to be good for us to get a WR at 17 if we wanted to but not so sure what will be left that would be of value with our second.

I am still messing with my mock and will for weeks, but based on team needs selection process I am currently following, I have 4 going in the first round.

Buffalo Bills, Malcom Kelly, WR
    Philadelphia Eagles, Early Doucet. WR
    Dallas Cowboys (from Browns) *, Adarious Bowman, WR
    Tennessee Titans, Mario Manningham, WR

I could see the Rams taking Sweed with thier 2nd round pick at maybe the Bronco's taking Avery or Hardy ahead of us.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Bowman has worse hands that Troy, did you watch the senior bowl practice?.. Gawd.. I really like Andre Caldwell in the second round if we cant get our hands on Kelly..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Just like last year there will be WR's that will drop and fall. I am still not convinvced that the Vikes will select a WR or DE in their first 2 picks

Chazz is online now Coordinator

I really like Bowman, he brings size and speed to the table and has everything to be a top NFL reciever. That being said, I would rather get Pat Sims in the second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast