Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We lost Smith, So lets get Taylor.

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    You guys always go out from the worst, what if we pick someone sweet....
    >
    What could be sweeter than an annual probowler @ De
    I'm torn. I know what you mean in the 2nd round someone might slip and we could pass on them.
    However, taylor in the second is tempting.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Alot of fans think the draft is a complete crap shoot. This is very false, make sure you take the right guy and watch him play for along time.

Jason Taylor seems more worried about dancing with stars than playing football, this usally indicates the end of a carear. I want a young hungry 2nd round Safety to take over for Sharper eventually.

Erasmus James was injury prone in college and was high risk pick. Obviously we didn't do enough homework on Dimitrius Underwood. The way we have been drafting as of late gives me the impression we are serious about doin our homework on players before throw our draft picks at them.

No way we trade a second round pick for 33 year old DE.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    >
    I'm torn. I know what you mean in the 2nd round someone might slip and we could pass on them.
    Nobody has too slip dude, good football players get drafted in every round.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    >
    Why no get Taylor and he plays while Robison and Edwards get groomed into Stud ends under him.
    His 2-3 years of service will keep them from being thrown to the wolves aliong with a rookie D.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Alot of fans think the draft is a complete crap shoot. This is very false, make sure you take the right guy and watch him play for along time.

Jason Taylor seems more worried about dancing with stars than playing football, this usally indicates the end of a carear. I want a young hungry 2nd round Safety to take over for Sharper eventually.

Erasmus James was injury prone in college and was high risk pick. Obviously we didn't do enough homework on Dimitrius Underwood. The way we have been drafting as of late gives me the impression we are serious about doin our homework on players before throw our draft picks at them.

James had a hip injury in college not a knee problem, knee injury is just bad luck as it was for Greenway his first year and also for Udeze in 05.
    Underwood had mental health issues.

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

James had a hip injury in college not a knee problem, knee injury is just bad luck as it was for Greenway his first year and also for Udeze in 05.
    Speaking of menal health...Lets get the guy from TCu as awell.
    He should be a top 5 pick but suffered a mental breakdown. He should be available in the 5th.
    He was the defacto pass rusher in his draft and was schedule to go before Long.,

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Bottom line was Erasmus was injury prone, wether it was ankle issues or a hip, now its the knees. Thats the reason he slipped in the first place, just like Peterson slipped to #7 but teams where silly to worry over a collar bone. Don't forget we drafted Williamson that year too, we did not do a good job what so ever.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    >
    Why no get Taylor and he plays while Robison and Edwards get groomed into Stud ends under him.
    His 2-3 years of service will keep them from being thrown to the wolves aliong with a rookie D.
    I would be willing to give up one our TWO third round draft picks for Taylor but definitly not a 2nd then a 4th or 5th. EJ Henderson's and Sidney Rice's can be drafted in the second round every year.

Ranger is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Sometimes you can't put a price such as a draft pick on a trade when you analyze it.
    Taylor is a great DE which the Vikings need pretty badly right now.
    Taylor could be the last missing piece to the defense right now.
    IMO Taylor's play, leadership, and intelligence far outweigh a 2nd round draft pick that has never taken a snap in the NFL.
    Come on, you know that's BS
    in 2 years he's 35 and then what? he's useless better pick a young boy who might make some inpact for us but who will last much longer
    Hell yeah! Just look at Erasmus James & Dimitrius Underwood.
    Thank you.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Ranger" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Sometimes you can't put a price such as a draft pick on a trade when you analyze it.
    Taylor is a great DE which the Vikings need pretty badly right now.
    Taylor could be the last missing piece to the defense right now.
    IMO Taylor's play, leadership, and intelligence far outweigh a 2nd round draft pick that has never taken a snap in the NFL.
    Come on, you know that's BS
    in 2 years he's 35 and then what? he's useless better pick a young boy who might make some inpact for us but who will last much longer
    Hell yeah! Just look at Erasmus James & Dimitrius Underwood.
    Thank you.
    What about Brian Robison???
    He's a beast and should be starting.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast