Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    aaeyers's Avatar
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I thank you for this post. I don't think we will go after this guy. I have said this before, We have a young WR and are IMHO looking for a FA who can be our #1. The draft will be used for DE, OL, QB, and CB. Maybe a WR in late rounds but I doubt it.
    I don't think it would be a bad idea at all to both get a FA, and draft another WR. Its important to have depth at receiver, and also having a rookie learning behind whichever FA we bring in would allow them to learn the game without the pressure of needing to immediately perform. I think our receiving depth chart should be something like:

    WR1: FA, Rookie
    WR2: Rice, Ferguson
    WR3: Wade, Allison

    Personally I would love drafting Nelson in the third round to play behind a FA like Berrian. You can never have to many playmakers on your team.
    I think we will bring in another FA for depth. A cheaper one. We have enough young guys in Allison and Rice.
    I think that is a very possible idea, though personally I would prefer a rookie who has the potential to improve rather than a low end free agent. And I don't know anything about the whole financial side of things, but would a FA be cheaper than a 3rd round pick?

  2. #52
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I thank you for this post. I don't think we will go after this guy. I have said this before, We have a young WR and are IMHO looking for a FA who can be our #1. The draft will be used for DE, OL, QB, and CB. Maybe a WR in late rounds but I doubt it.
    I don't think it would be a bad idea at all to both get a FA, and draft another WR. Its important to have depth at receiver, and also having a rookie learning behind whichever FA we bring in would allow them to learn the game without the pressure of needing to immediately perform. I think our receiving depth chart should be something like:

    WR1: FA, Rookie
    WR2: Rice, Ferguson
    WR3: Wade, Allison

    Personally I would love drafting Nelson in the third round to play behind a FA like Berrian. You can never have to many playmakers on your team.
    I think we will bring in another FA for depth. A cheaper one. We have enough young guys in Allison and Rice.
    I think that is a very possible idea, though personally I would prefer a rookie who has the potential to improve to a low end free agent. And I don't know anything about the whole financial side of things, but would a FA be cheaper than a 3rd round pick?
    Depends on the deal signed.

  3. #53
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    He *** face.
    My first post said 2nd round, and i changed it because someone made me realize that might be just a bit too early.
    Im thinkin 3rd-4th now.
    But what makes you think im baseing my arguement on this video dude?
    Find me the post where I said that and ill agree with you.
    I have been watching him for awhile.
    I dunno where the dumb jiggly butt youtube crap even came from.
    I just found the video FROM youtube so you could all take a quick look at him.
    God gol 'darnit what is your problem.
    I would but you edited it. So you changed it based on the fact that people made you realize that 2nd was to high based on the fact that people including myself disagreed, especially since the argument was based on the fact that you were all hyped abiout the video that you posted in the first place.
    The argument was based on the fact that anybody can look good based on a highlight video,
    Never said that he didn't look good or bad in the video or the fact that it was your video. I questioned and others as well why you were all hyped on him based on a highlight video from your original post that you have since changed. So then really what you are saying is that what I said in the first place that his talent based on a video was not as good as what you made it seem in the first place correct?

    Problem? I have none but obvioulsy you can't handle someone disagreing with you,
    Sorry that is the case I guess I should resort to calling everyone "*** face" when ever I disagree with them.
    It seems to me that you haven't been comprehending what cmcwizard has been saying. He has repeatedly said that he has been watching Jordy Nelson play in college for a while and thinks he is a good player. He made a post to share his thoughts about him, and included a video for the rest of us so we can see a bit of how he plays.

    You have made your point very clear that a highlight video can make most players look very good, but that was not the point of cmcwizard's post. He did not say he thought Nelson looked like a good player because of a single highlight video. He is not mad that you don't seem to agree with him, he is just frustrated that you seem unable to engage in a reasonable conversation concerning Jordy Nelson, but instead have done nothing but attack him about things that are not the topic of discussion.

    If you wish to discuss the validity of highlight videos and their ramifications on the scouting process, then by all means start a thread on that topic. This thread is concerning Jordy Nelson, if you don't have anything of value to add to this discussion, then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
    If you would of read the original post that he made before it was edited by him then you would of understood what the whole point was.
    Now that he completely changed the original post people are only reading what was posted now.
    He in fact did say the exact thing that he is now denyiing that he said and used the Video to highliht the fact that he was hyping him as much as he was
    I guess if he feel it neccsary that he had to change his post to make himself look good then when in fact he knows exactly what he posted originally is the exact opposite of what he posted now then I guess people will have to make their own judgement. As far as I am concerned I am done with it. He knows exactly what he posted, and we both know at this point he will never admit to it. The fact that there have been several people that posted pretty much the exact same thing that I did before he changed it should tell you something. Again i never said that he was not an interesting prospect, but I did disagree with the fact that we should not think that he should be as hyped as he was being made based on the video. Unfortunatly he couldn't handle people a different view than him, then maybe he should of never of made a post for people to give their opinion in the first place.

    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    How else do you judge a guy?
    He was very good for them and i am judging him because i have been watching him for awhile in college.
    Just now bringin it to attention.
    Im judging
    him overall.
    He catches most balls thrown his way and has exceptional speed for a white reciever.
    Interesting that this would be a response if in fact that it was questioned by someelse about the fact that you cannot judge a person based on their highlight video.

    Sorry aaeyers I like your posts because you have made some solid posts even if we had different view points but you are way off base on this one, my freind(copyright Marrdro )

  4. #54
    aaeyers's Avatar
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    "Garland" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    He *** face.
    My first post said 2nd round, and i changed it because someone made me realize that might be just a bit too early.
    Im thinkin 3rd-4th now.
    But what makes you think im baseing my arguement on this video dude?
    Find me the post where I said that and ill agree with you.
    I have been watching him for awhile.
    I dunno where the dumb jiggly butt youtube crap even came from.
    I just found the video FROM youtube so you could all take a quick look at him.
    God gol 'darnit what is your problem.
    I would but you edited it. So you changed it based on the fact that people made you realize that 2nd was to high based on the fact that people including myself disagreed, especially since the argument was based on the fact that you were all hyped abiout the video that you posted in the first place.
    The argument was based on the fact that anybody can look good based on a highlight video,
    Never said that he didn't look good or bad in the video or the fact that it was your video. I questioned and others as well why you were all hyped on him based on a highlight video from your original post that you have since changed. So then really what you are saying is that what I said in the first place that his talent based on a video was not as good as what you made it seem in the first place correct?

    Problem? I have none but obvioulsy you can't handle someone disagreing with you,
    Sorry that is the case I guess I should resort to calling everyone "*** face" when ever I disagree with them.
    It seems to me that you haven't been comprehending what cmcwizard has been saying. He has repeatedly said that he has been watching Jordy Nelson play in college for a while and thinks he is a good player. He made a post to share his thoughts about him, and included a video for the rest of us so we can see a bit of how he plays.

    You have made your point very clear that a highlight video can make most players look very good, but that was not the point of cmcwizard's post. He did not say he thought Nelson looked like a good player because of a single highlight video. He is not mad that you don't seem to agree with him, he is just frustrated that you seem unable to engage in a reasonable conversation concerning Jordy Nelson, but instead have done nothing but attack him about things that are not the topic of discussion.

    If you wish to discuss the validity of highlight videos and their ramifications on the scouting process, then by all means start a thread on that topic. This thread is concerning Jordy Nelson, if you don't have anything of value to add to this discussion, then you shouldn't be posting in this thread.
    If you would of read the original post that he made before it was edited by him then you would of understood what the whole point was.
    Now that he completely changed the original post people are only reading what was posted now.
    He in fact did say the exact thing that he is now denyiing that he said and used the Video to highliht the fact that he was hyping him as much as he was
    I guess if he feel it neccsary that he had to change his post to make himself look good then when in fact he knows exactly what he posted originally is the exact opposite of what he posted now then I guess people will have to make their own judgement. As far as I am concerned I am done with it. He knows exactly what he posted, and we both know at this point he will never admit to it. The fact that there have been several people that posted pretty much the exact same thing that I did before he changed it should tell you something. Again i never said that he was not an interesting prospect, but I did disagree with the fact that we should not think that he should be as hyped as he was being made based on the video. Unfortunatly he couldn't handle people a different view than him, then maybe he should of never of made a post for people to give their opinion in the first place.

    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    How else do you judge a guy?
    He was very good for them and i am judging him because i have been watching him for awhile in college.
    Just now bringin it to attention.
    Im judging
    him overall.
    He catches most balls thrown his way and has exceptional speed for a white reciever.
    Interesting that this would be a response if in fact that it was questioned by someelse about the fact that you cannot judge a person based on their highlight video.

    Sorry aaeyers I like your posts because you have made some solid posts even if we had different view points but you are way off base on this one, my freind(copyright Marrdro )
    If that is the case, then I apologize for my misunderstanding. I have to admit I have had more than a little trouble following this thread, partly due to the nature of the argument, and also due to the incoherent nature of some of the replies.

    In any case, it is completely irrelevant at this point, and I was just trying to get people to move on. Usually I don't concern myself with other people's arguments, but this has turned into a very hostile thread, and there is absolutely no reason for some of the personal attacks on both sides, and the general anger that has arisen.

  5. #55
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    No need to apologize...just keep making solid posts

  6. #56
    cmcwizard's Avatar
    cmcwizard is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    56

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    OMG DUDE!! What are you talking about my original post was EXACTLY the same except for the part at the end where i changed 2nd round to now like 3rd-4th.
    That is unbelievable for you to say to me.
    Telling me what my original post was.
    It was exactly what it is now, except i changed 2nd round.
    That is it. You are unbelievable dude.
    Making someone believe i changed everything from my original post just because it said edited.

  7. #57
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    OMG DUDE!! What are you talking about my original post was EXACTLY the same except for the part at the end where i changed 2nd round to now like 3rd-4th.
    That is unbelievable for you to say to me.
    Telling me what my original post was.
    It was exactly what it is now, except i changed 2nd round.
    That is it. You are unbelievable dude.
    Making someone believe i changed everything from my original post just because it said edited.

    Lets look shall we?

    "cmcwizard" wrote:
    Jordy Nelson from Kansas State.
    Has great football awareness and knowledge and great speed.
    All around would be awesome for us to get at some point during this years draft.

    VID of his highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6B_VmbiR7o
    Maybe My computer is broke I missed the part in the post that you have said you changed to what it is supposed to say now. You really have no clue what you have and have not written do you?

    And on that note i rest my case. And as a great Viking coach once said "I am taking the high road"

    Sorry you have such a issue with someone dissagreeing with. The thing is everyone has different view points. You said that you were trying to hype someone based on a highlight Video.
    I and others gave their opinion, Somewhere that became an issue because they did not agree with you. No clue why and honestly don't care anymore. I don't always agree with other peoples view points and people don't always agree with mine, and I am glad I have had some very good debates(at least I think so) with people about TJ. I can say that I have seen where people have some valid points aaeyerys had an excellent post for example about TJ and history he had some valid points and even had something to back up his points, i still disagree with it but I will be the first one to say that he may of come up with one of the best arguments to support TJ(although I am not there yet ) I even gave my 2 cents. And we may still disagree but I still respect everyone for their opinion and quite frankly this place would be boring if we all agreed on everything. I enjoy reading what people have to say about different things both Viking related and otherwise But the fact that you are having such an issue with it is puzzling I guess. Just a word of advise take it how you want to but if you are going to have as much of a problem with someone disagreeing with in this thread as you do in others this may be a very difficult place for you to be.
    Good Luck with the rest of this thread and go vikings! We have a long off season ahead of us

  8. #58
    cmcwizard's Avatar
    cmcwizard is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    56

    Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

    Can we just end at this right here.
    My original post said that The vikings should take a serious look at Jordy Nelson from Kansas State because i have been following him and he has great football knowldge and would be good for us to get in the 2nd round.
    The part i changed is when a few people made me realize the 2nd round might be too high.
    So i corrected it to make it say at some point in the draft.
    Not once did i say i was "hyping" him because of the shear fact he was good in the video.
    The purpose of the video was just to show people who he was incase they had no idea.
    It wasnt too be like "here, he is good on the video so that means he is good".
    I have no problem with you.
    And i like the fact you dont agree with the fact he is worth our pick.
    Because that is your opinion and that's fine.
    You may be right.
    But just don't tell me that my original post wasn't what i said it was.
    Because then you would be wrong.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. When you gotta go....
    By ThorSPL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 04:05 PM
  2. You gotta be kidding me!
    By hailtocarter in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM
  3. You gotta see this!
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 06:42 AM
  4. All I gotta say is...
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 07:34 AM
  5. Gotta have Moe!
    By Freya in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 09:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •