Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator

Re: We gotta take a serious look at this guy.

But he's white.

cmcwizard is offline Rookie

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    From a fans standpoint Video is just about the only true source on a football player, thats where the resume is. The video says alot and thats usually how i judge a football player. Not what he does at the combine, is he a football player or a track star?

Nelson almost had more catches in a seven game span then Troy Williamson had his whole college carear, plus he's more elusive, catches the football and can return punts. Something Troy Williamson can't do because he has no RB skills, hell he has no WR skills. Comparing the two because of video is rediculous.

This guy can catch, run and throw. He's the first prospect i have seen this year and probably somebody Childress is taking a look at. He fits the scheme, runs the routes and gets open. If he runs a 4.3 he might make it in the first round like troy did but it doesn't look like he runs one so 3rd maybe 4th round. Alot can happen between now and April.

Kudos to the poster, nice find and you may be on to something.
    Thank you man.
    Let me clear things up here because i may have been misunderstood.
    I entitled this "we gotta take a serious look at this guy" because I believed he could be overlooked in the draft and i want the vikings to seriously consider him.
    He is a great all around football guy.
    Catches, can throw, hes elusive, great hands, and works hard.
    IMO he is a childress type of a guy.
    Someone i see this guy a lot like is Kevin Curtis.
    And i said in the begining the fact that he is white because sorry but typically you don't see as many fast, elusive recievers in the game at the point.
    Just was making an observation.
    And i have watched this guy for awhile and have been impressed every time i have seen him.
    He isn't cocky at all, he just comes to play.
    I admit i was reaching when i said 2nd round for him, but in the 3rd of 4th, we take him, and we got a great guy for this team to possibly come in and make an impact.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

I think that after the senior bowl and combine, Nelson will be viewed as a second round pick. He has great size and hands, his speed is adequate, and I think he plays at a faster game speed than what his 40 will suggest. He posted some great stats his senior year (122, 1606, 11) and he also returns kicks and punts, and as the draft gets nearer, I think his stock is going to climb very fast. I would not mind taking him in the second round.

I think regardless of which receiver the Vikings take in the second round, I think we will get a really good player. This draft has a ton of talent and value at receiver in the second round. Here are some of the players I think the Vikings will be looking at in the second round,

D.J. Hall, Alabalma - http://youtube.com/watch?v=C5YFfbteSPQ
    Limas Sweed, Texas - http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw
    Jordy Nelson - http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6B_VmbiR7o
    Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt - http://youtube.com/watch?v=pDRIjZlJsAA
    Devin Thomas - http://youtube.com/watch?v=-r2BkcEC0Nk

Personally, my favorite is D.J. Hall because he is 6'3" and is the fastest of the bunch, but any of those receivers would be a good addition to the Vikings.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I hate to chime in more on the negative nancy end, but I really wasn't impressed by the video much. Mostly what I saw was pisspoor tackling. He's not that fast, and there's no way those jukes would work in the NFL save for Fred Smoot.

That said, he does seem to have a way of wiggling open. If he has a strong work ethic and is willing to bust his ass to make a roster spot, I'd be happy to draft him anywhere from round 3 on down. Either way he's an intriguing prospect based on his college numbers alone.

He has very sneaky speed.
    And this video wasn't posted to wow everyone, just to inform everyone that there is a very solid WR we can grab at some point in the draft.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Why is everyone slamming this guy. He doesn't have all that much resource to sell you on his player. He posted a video of highlights and everyone jumps in and says 'no one is good because of highlights.'

He never said he's good because their is a you-tube video.
    So "we gota take a seriousl look at this guy" means he is the next Troy Williamson
    ???

Hihlight Vidoes make anyone look good, thats why they are called highlight Videos
    I don't know what your talking about you were the first to compare him to Williamson, I was just saying everyone being harsh on this guy.

Isn't a video more information than no video?

No one thinks that that's actually what they look like every play, its a glimpse of their abilities and talents. Everyone understands that, everyone also understands they don't show bad plays on highlight reels.

Furthermore no one even said he was good because he looked good in that video. People start foaming at the mouth anytime a highlight video is posted, regardless of reason.

It's alright man.
    They will all know what im talking about when he hits the NFL and they see him play.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Why is everyone slamming this guy. He doesn't have all that much resource to sell you on his player. He posted a video of highlights and everyone jumps in and says 'no one is good because of highlights.'

So "we gota take a seriousl look at this guy" means he is the next Troy Williamson
    ???

Hihlight Vidoes make anyone look good, thats why they are called highlight Videos
    I don't know what your talking about you were the first to compare him to Williamson, I was just saying everyone being harsh on this guy.

No one thinks that that's actually what they look like every play, its a glimpse of their abilities and talents. Everyone understands that, everyone also understands they don't show bad plays on highlight reels.

Furthermore no one even said he was good because he looked good in that video. People start foaming at the mouth anytime a highlight video is posted, regardless of reason.
    To me, video of the player is the most important thing I look for. Stats and measurements can only tell you so much about a player. Of course it doesn't make sense to watch a highlight video and assume that it is a good cross section of every play for that player, but a video can still tell you a lot. You can learn a lot about a person just by watching how they carry themselves, how they react to certain situations, what kind of lateral quickness and acceleration they possess, how they use their body during a play, and just each player's unique playing style.

There is more to playing the receiver position than simply running 40 yards, jumping and catching the ball, and those smaller nuances can only be observed by actually watching each player play. And because each of us sitting at home does not have a scouting team and the resources or time to document and watch each player, youtube highlight videos are the best we can do.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

???

In other words would you say Hey lets take a look at this guy if there was no interest in him and he sucked? There has to be some interest in him other wise why post a video of him.

A highlight video is exactly what it measn
    it shows a player there best plays. Now if it was called low lights i would assume it is his worst plays. That video that was shwn of Twill was that considered a highlight video? That was a video that was shown alot when he was first drafted and people sw alot of good things for him when he was drafted. But look how it turned out.
    Give me a video that shows all of his plays. His good and his bads. the lets maybe try to judge how good a person may be. No one was ripping on anyone. But a highlight video is exactly what it is a highlight video, If you watch a trailer for a movie what do they show you? The best parts to get you excited right? Same thing with a highl;ight video.
    Maybe he wiill be great maybe he will be the next Troy Williamson, but I am not going to watch a 2 minute highlight reel and say yeah lets go out and draft the guy.

What the hell dude?
    You cant have a damn complete scouting report on every player and know every dang thing he has done in his career and every drop.
    And why do you keep bringing up t-will?
    NOBODY ever said nething about him untill you did and nelson is NOTHING like him.
    You obviously arent getting why i posed this.
    SORRY FOR MY TITLE OH MY GOD!!!!!!
    But all i was trying to say was i have been watching this guy a lot and he looks very skilled.
    Put people like you turn this into things about highlight videos and such?
    Get back on topic.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast