Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WCO QB

adamv is offline Rookie

Re: WCO QB

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Vince scored a 15 the 2nd time he took the test was a 9 the first time. but as far as needing a high score to run the WCO.......Mcnabb scored a 12
    The intial score was 6 not 9. I find it difficult to comprend how anyone that functions at an average level could score that low but yes as already demonstrated that test isn't necessarily a good indication of fb IQ. I'm not certain but I don't think a qb with a score lower than 20 has ever won the sb. but enough moneys at typewriters...
    Clutter reducing sig here...
    Many Viking fans wouldn t know a good thing if it mooned the Pack.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

the wonderlic score shouldn't be taken too too seriously. when it really comes down to it playing ability is all that matters

sodaknick is offline Starter

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    A good west coast back is Vince young! We should get him in the first round guys

NO!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: Vince is the furthest thing from a WC QB. He isn't very accurate, although his #'s were good last year, I believe his percentages were a bit deceiving, much like daunte's completion percentages were here, with all his dumpoff passes. He also isn't very good at reading defenses, which is HUGE in the WCO. You need a QB back there that can quickly process what is going on with the opponents D and make a quick/good descision on where the ball needs to go. Vince isn't a good fit in this area at all, much like Daunte wouldn't have been.

Leinart, Cutler, and Brodie Croyle seem like the only 3 QB's in this draft that fit the WCO well and that would be ready to play in a season or possibly less, if brad were to get hurt.
    I'm a big believer in Brodie Croyle. I think he would be a great pick in the 2nd round.

Everyone is making a big deal about the wunderlick, which I didn't think was terribly important, until I found out that Leinert got a 36. :cheers:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234