Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WCO QB

Prophet Guest

Re: WCO QB

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    New to the site. Not new to the Vikes. Been with them since Tommy Mason was running the ball.
    We can debate who we want for QB but there are 2 essentials a WCO QB MUST have. He has to be smart. And he has to be an accurate passer.
    If you don't have these two attributes your whole team will suck.
    Bear this in mind when you think about who we should get.
    BJ already has both,and always did.
    PS I'll get some graphics up eventually.
    GO VIKES.
    Nice post. I'm not jumping on the Vince Young bandwagon, but do believe there are plenty of non-big-name QBs out there that can get the job done. Team.

bruggie34 is offline Waterboy

Vince scored a 6 on the wunderlich test....he isnt smart...Ironically, if I recall, Daunte only scored like a 10. They say a decent Qb should be in the mid 20's.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bruggie34" wrote:
    Vince scored a 6 on the wunderlich test....he isnt smart...Ironically, if I recall, Daunte only scored like a 10. They say a decent Qb should be in the mid 20's.
    I believe that was false and he scored higher.

But, I would love to believe he did!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Welcome aboard!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    A good west coast back is Vince young! We should get him in the first round guys

NO!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: Vince is the furthest thing from a WC QB. He isn't very accurate, although his #'s were good last year, I believe his percentages were a bit deceiving, much like daunte's completion percentages were here, with all his dumpoff passes. He also isn't very good at reading defenses, which is HUGE in the WCO. You need a QB back there that can quickly process what is going on with the opponents D and make a quick/good descision on where the ball needs to go. Vince isn't a good fit in this area at all, much like Daunte wouldn't have been.

Leinart, Cutler, and Brodie Croyle seem like the only 3 QB's in this draft that fit the WCO well and that would be ready to play in a season or possibly less, if brad were to get hurt.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    A good west coast back is Vince young! We should get him in the first round guys

NO!!!!!!!!!!! :grin: Vince is the furthest thing from a WC QB. He isn't very accurate, although his #'s were good last year, I believe his percentages were a bit deceiving, much like daunte's completion percentages were here, with all his dumpoff passes. He also isn't very good at reading defenses, which is HUGE in the WCO. You need a QB back there that can quickly process what is going on with the opponents D and make a quick/good descision on where the ball needs to go. Vince isn't a good fit in this area at all, much like Daunte wouldn't have been.

Leinart, Cutler, and Brodie Croyle seem like the only 3 QB's in this draft that fit the WCO well and that would be ready to play in a season or possibly less, if brad were to get hurt.
    I agree completely!!!!!

Thanks Lotza!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bruggie34" wrote:
    I believe that was false and he scored higher.

But, I would love to believe he did!

You are correct. Vince actually scored a 15. Although that is nothing to be proud of either for a QB.

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Vince scored a 15 the 2nd time he took the test was a 9 the first time. but as far as needing a high score to run the WCO.......Mcnabb scored a 12

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I think Leinart is left handed which means Marcus Johnson would need to meet his potential by the time Leinart is ready to start. We also would need another good right guard by then.
    I don't think Leinart will be available to us anyway.
    I think Cutler might be a possibility and I think he would fit, but I still think we need a free agent vet to back up this year.
    Or a Schaub trade could replace both,but I wouldn't give up too much because we still have serious needs at OL, DB, and LB in my opinion.
    The organization may have someone else in mind who will be available next year. If that's the case, we just need a back up free agent.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Vince scored a 15 the 2nd time he took the test was a 9 the first time. but as far as needing a high score to run the WCO.......Mcnabb scored a 12

No one said you needed a high score or you could never run the WCO. However, you can bet your gonna have much better luck with smart QB's running your WCO, then you are with guys that score 10-15 on the test. Not all QB's that score low on the test, will struggle with the WCO, but most of them will. Accuracy, and ability to read a D and react quickly are also very important when looking for a QB to run your WCO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast