Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WCO QB

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

WCO QB

New to the site. Not new to the Vikes. Been with them since Tommy Mason was running the ball.
    We can debate who we want for QB but there are 2 essentials a WCO QB MUST have. He has to be smart. And he has to be an accurate passer.
    If you don't have these two attributes your whole team will suck.
    Bear this in mind when you think about who we should get.
    BJ already has both,and always did.
    PS I'll get some graphics up eventually.
    GO VIKES.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: WCO QB

welcome!

nice post

Go vikes!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Welcome to the best site on the net Jargo.

Introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" forum & Ultra will be by with some cold beers for you.

Knowing you remember Tommy Mason, I know you're old enough.

As far as a back up veteran to Brad, any thoughts?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome ot the site. You are 100% correct.

Thank you!!! Me and Italian Stalion were just having this same argument over who should be our QB and if we should move up in the draft to get Leinart or Young!!! So with that WELCOME!!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

My thought is that any back up QB will likely have playing time this year;and possibly extended playing time!
    BJ played a little more than half a season last year and I was amazed he got up after some the hits he took.
    Granted, our line should be better this year, but even with a great line the quarterback will still take a pounding over the coarse of a full season.Hopefully Taylor can block.
    So,although I love BJ at QB, I feel we need a free agent back up that could step in and play and a QB drafted in the second round.
    We still have great need at OL,LB,and DB.
    By the way, the most important O lineman in pass protection is the left tackle. You know, the blind side. Well people here seem to think McKinnie is great. I think he is better than average but has slow feet. Any thoughts?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome fargo! Great thoughts on the 1st post...thank you for being level headed!

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    My thought is that any back up QB will likely have playing time this year;and possibly extended playing time!
    BJ played a little more than half a season last year and I was amazed he got up after some the hits he took.
    Granted, our line should be better this year, but even with a great line the quarterback will still take a pounding over the coarse of a full season.Hopefully Taylor can block.
    So,although I love BJ at QB, I feel we need a free agent back up that could step in and play and a QB drafted in the second round.
    By the way, the most important O lineman in pass protection is the left tackle. You know, the blind side. Well people here seem to think McKinnie is great. I think he is better than average but has slow feet. Any thoughts?
    Welcome and I agree with your statment on McKinnie. That is why it will be huge if we get Hutchenson. That would solidify the left side.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"jaymz7" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Welcome and I agree with your statment on McKinnie. That is why it will be huge if we get Hutchenson. That would solidify the left side.
    yup its a good thing we dont have a left handed QB or else he would end the season on a stretcher

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Who was Tommy Mason????? Remember Kramer, but Mason?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast