Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WALTER JONES RESTRUCTURES CONTRACT

"WEKEEPHUTCH" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Hey you little F'N troll.. Keep off this site, this is for fans of a real football team, not a team that talks smack then gets beat by the Steelers, and then has their coach whine and cry for weeks after the dam game is over.

We will see who has the last laugh when the decision comes down later this afternoon. Hutch has said publicly that he does not want to be with the Seagulls, and prefers to play with the Vikings.. So put that in your boat and float it. :withstupid: :thebirdman:

show me where he has said this "publicly". Its all speculation. Even if you get the decision Jones restructured,so the clause is GONE. End of story. Hutch will be back in WA next season for another SB run. Maybe you guys will make some headlines next year? Boat trip? Whizzantor? Maybe even scalping tickets!!! Real team ha ha ha ha.There is a reason Koren Robinson plays there.
    Because he got tired of dealing with all of you limp-wristed bandwaggoners out there in Seattle...all those guys who "worship the Space Needle" and like "grunge in the buns"!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This guy is LAUGHINGSTOCK the douche I banned a few hours ago.

He will be the same way. :wink:

So long troll!
    LOL I am shocked really lol :shock:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

i don't see us getting hutch... i wonder what plan b is... we have lots of money.. but who is out there that we want?

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

wow...we got screwed over. We need to start spending money NOW!!! (even though most of the big names are gone)

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"WEKEEPHUTCH" wrote:
    ***ATTN MEMBERS: THIS TROLL IS THE FORMER MEMBER "LAUGHINGSTOCK" WHO WAS BANNED EARLIER TODAY FOR TROLLING. THIS GUY IS GONE TOO.***

FEEL FREE TO INSULT HIM.
    From Sando's Blog:

New twist in Hutchinson situation | Subscribe

Seahawks LT Walter Jones has redone his contract with the team so that his average per year declines beneath the $7 million average offered to LG Steve Hutchinson by the Vikings. Some of you have asked recently if I thought that would happen. I said I did not think it would. I was wrong. My understanding is that Jones added one year to his deal at a base salary of $1 million. This extra year will void in the end, but for now it lowers the average. The team then converted his 2006 roster bonus ($2 million) to signing bonus. That affects his cap number this year but not the average (I'm not immediately sure why that was done, but it was done). I'm also told that the special master intends to make a ruling by this afternoon, and that the issue being debated is a little different than we thought. The disputed clause in the Hutchinson offer sheet would guarantee the full $49 million contract if Hutchinson were not the highest-paid offensive lineman on his team in 2006. The question, in light of Jones redoing his deal, is whether Hutchinson had to be the highest-paid guy for every day of the league year (Jones would have been paid more for part of this year, up until he redid his deal). Hope that helps. This is a developing story. Stay tuned

PUT THAT IN YOUR BOAT AND FLOAT IT. SO MUCH FOR THE POISON PILL.BEST LEFT SIDE IN LEAGUE HISTORY IS STILL WITH HAWKS!!!

that was fun.

:lol:

Go vikes!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

that was fun.

:lol:
    I'm seeing that thing all over the place at the moment.. Is it from a tv show or something? Inquiring minds must know!

Well.. Confused Brits must know anyway.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

POSTED 3:35 p.m. EST, March 20, 2006

SEATTLE, JONES TRY TO SCREW HUTCH

Kevin Seifert of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones has agreed to restructure his contract in a manner that arguably enables Seattle to match the offer sheet signed by guard Steve Hutchinson with the Minnesota Vikings.

Under the offer sheet, Hutchinson's entire contract -- all $49 million of it -- would become guaranteed if he is not the highest-paid member of the offensive line in 2006.

In Minnesota, it's not an issue. In Seattle, it is.

The move came to light because the Seahawks apparently have abandoned their argument that the poison pill provision violates the CBA. During Monday's hearing before Special Master Richard Burbank, the 'Hawks disclosed the restructuring and argued that the guarantee should not be implicated because the move caused Jones' average pay to dip below $7 million, which is the average annual value of Hutchinson's deal.

But NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen contends that the relevant clause in the offer sheet triggers the guarantee if Hutchinson is not the highest paid offensive lineman at any time during the 2006 league year. Under this argument, the restructuring is irrelevant because Jones already has had during the 2006 league year a wage in excess of $7 million.

The fact that the Seahawks finagled a Special Master proceeding under apparently false pretenses is bad form, in our view. On Saturday, the NFL and the team selected the forum for the resolution of the dispute by claiming that the guarantee violates the CBA. But now the Seahawks are advancing a matter that entails interpretation of the offer sheet, which in our view seems to fall within the jurisdiction not of the Special Master, but of the arbitrator.

Indeed, there's no apparent violation of the CBA at this point, if the Seahawks and the NFL have essentially conceded that the guarantee is a proper term.

The bigger problem, if the Seahawks eventually match the deal, is the potentially hostile environment that will arise between Jones and Hutchinson, who line up next to each other on every offensive snap. Jones has sold out Hutchinson to help management, and that's a no-no in the locker room. It'll be very interesting to see, then, how the other players react to Jones, even if Hutchinson moves on.

After all, Jones played his status as the franchise player like Yo Yo Ma on a cello, reeling in multiple years of big money before signing a blockbuster long-term deal. The fact that Jones has tried to get in the way of Hutchinson's chance to work that same system should prompt plenty of resentment in the locker room.

Stay tuned for more. Burbank is supposed to announce his decision by 5:00 p.m. EST.

Walter Jones is an ass for doing that to one of his boys. Jones got his cash flow why cant Hutch too? I hope the ruling goes in our favor so the Hawks locker room hates Jones and they lose a player

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

this is cheating on their parts! we need to turn around and file a grievance against them now..they only took the issue to arbitration to buy more time to resctructure jones's deal..this is complete BS on their part, and we should now file a grievance against them since the deadline was extended and they made a move that would allow them to not have to pay him the "poison pill" amount
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the deadline was yesterday for them to match, so since walter jones was making that much as of yesterday, IMO they should still have to pay him the poison pill if they match
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Del Rio Guest

"But NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen contends that the relevant clause in the offer sheet triggers the guarantee if Hutchinson is not the highest paid offensive lineman at any time during the 2006 league year. Under this argument, the restructuring is irrelevant because Jones already has had during the 2006 league year a wage in excess of $7 million."

That is pretty interesting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast