Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    A voice of reason

    One of things football fans tend to do during the offseason is complain about their favourite (Canadian spelling alert!) team not being active enough during free agency. This is something I've certainly been hearing about the Vikings.

    Which is why I think Joe Fischer is right to point out that we shouldn't go out and kick the dog just because the Vikings haven't done much to improve themselves – other than sign their own free agents.


    http://grants-tomb.blogspot.com/2009...of-reason.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: A voice of reason


    Good little read my sexy little pixie, but I disagree with his assesment of Scott Studwell, I think we have faired pretty well with our draft, and we cannot pin the Troy W's exclusively on Studwell, he is a part of a team in the war room, and can only express his feelings about guys on our draft board, and the value of said players. Sometime's a coach can superseed the draft board and reach for a pick, ala Tarvaris in the secound round, when many believe we could have waited until the 3rd, or 4th round to pick him.

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,906

    Re: A voice of reason

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    One of things football fans tend to do during the offseason is complain about their favourite (Canadian spelling alert!) team not being active enough during free agency. This is something I've certainly been hearing about the Vikings.

    Which is why I think Joe Fischer is right to point out that we shouldn't go out and kick the dog just because the Vikings haven't done much to improve themselves – other than sign their own free agents.


    http://grants-tomb.blogspot.com/2009...of-reason.html
    WTF was that?
    That blog is so inaccurate. I want the last 5 min sof my life back Marr
    >

  4. #4
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: A voice of reason

    Alphonso Smith (CB): The mock drafts I've read say he's projected to be an immediate starter.
    Make our D feared. The offense is what is is.

  5. #5
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re: A voice of reason

    Why do so many fail to realize that our drafting stunk under McCombs, with little to no funding of an actual scouting department, but that we've actually done pretty well since Childress and Spielman took over (ie. the first draft with a full staff for a full year to prepare...)

    2008
    All still on the team.
    Pretty early to tell how the rest will work out, but Jared Allen looks to be well worth the cost.

    2007
    Starts and contributions out of our first five draft picks...1 in each round!
    All three of the other players are still on an NFL roster, with Thigpen surprising the NFL with a good year out of nowhere for the lowly Chiefs.

    2006
    Some whealing and dealing got us 3 picks in the 2nd round.
    Once again, our first five picks have all contributed starts and are still on the team!!!
    The last pick of the year, Blue, was a good hitter, and special teamer.

    WTF has this guy got against Studwell and Co.
    ???


    2008
    Rnd Name College
    2 Tyrell Johnson Arkansas State

    5 John Booty USC

    5 Letroy Guion Florida State

    6 John Sullivan Notre Dame

    6 Jaymar Johnson Jackson State



    2007
    Rnd Name College Note
    1 Adrian Peterson Oklahoma

    2 Sidney Rice South Carolina

    3 Marcus McCauley Fresno State

    4 Brian Robison Texas

    5 Aundrae Allison East Carolina

    6 Rufus Alexander Oklahoma

    7 Tyler Thigpen Coastal Carolina

    7 Chandler Williams Florida International



    2006
    Rnd Name College Note
    1 Chad Greenway Iowa

    2 Cedric Griffin Texas

    2 Ryan Cook New Mexico

    2 Tarvaris Jackson Alabama State

    4 Ray Edwards Purdue

    5 Greg Blue Georgia
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. #6
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: A voice of reason

    There's something about a fans perspective that makes them want to draft a top tier WR, every year. Maybe it's the Randy Moss effect on Vikings fans, or maybe it's just what fans see as the easiest way to draft more touchdowns.

    I know I watch college games and think, I really hope we can get that dude, but I can do that ever year with a handful of WRs. It's hard to resist the big name offensive weapons, but isn't that what separates us from the lions?

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: A voice of reason

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    One of things football fans tend to do during the offseason is complain about their favourite (Canadian spelling alert!) team not being active enough during free agency. This is something I've certainly been hearing about the Vikings.

    Which is why I think Joe Fischer is right to point out that we shouldn't go out and kick the dog just because the Vikings haven't done much to improve themselves – other than sign their own free agents.


    http://grants-tomb.blogspot.com/2009...of-reason.html
    WTF was that?
    That blog is so inaccurate. I want the last 5 min sof my life back Marr
    >
    Specifics please......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: A voice of reason

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Why do so many fail to realize that our drafting stunk under McCombs, with little to no funding of an actual scouting department, but that we've actually done pretty well since Childress and Spielman took over (ie. the first draft with a full staff for a full year to prepare...)
    .......snip
    Excellent points my friend.
    I would also like to add another if I may.
    Another wild card in all of this is how well the HC and the VP of Player Personnel communicate with each other.


    If those two (Chiller articulating what type he needs/VP of Player Personnel doesn't understand) don't do thier jobs then the draft success will/would go down significantly.

    Sure, the budget hurt Scott in his endevours to find the right talent, but I don't think he had a clue what Tice wanted because of the poor communications between that staffs FO and Coaching staff.

    WTF has this guy got against Studwell and Co.
    ???
    I don't think he has anything against Scott.
    He actually (even though he leaves the thought up to you to decide) gives Scott props IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: A voice of reason

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Why do so many fail to realize that our drafting stunk under McCombs, with little to no funding of an actual scouting department, but that we've actually done pretty well since Childress and Spielman took over (ie. the first draft with a full staff for a full year to prepare...)
    .......snip
    Excellent points My Sexy Little Pixie.
    I would also like to add another if I may.
    Another wild card in all of this is how well the HC and the VP of Player Personnel communicate with each other.


    If those two (Chiller articulating what type he needs/VP of Player Personnel doesn't understand) don't do thier jobs then the draft success will/would go down significantly.

    Sure, the budget hurt Scott in his endevours to find the right talent, but I don't think he had a clue what Tice wanted because of the poor communications between that staffs FO and Coaching staff.

    WTF has this guy got against Studwell and Co.
    ???
    I don't think he has anything against Scott.
    He actually (even though he leaves the thought up to you to decide) gives Scott props IMHO.
    Wait are you saying Childress has a say in the draft process?
    I thought it was only a person named Front Office and the medical staff.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: A voice of reason

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Why do so many fail to realize that our drafting stunk under McCombs, with little to no funding of an actual scouting department, but that we've actually done pretty well since Childress and Spielman took over (ie. the first draft with a full staff for a full year to prepare...)
    .......snip
    Excellent points My Sexy Little Pixie.
    I would also like to add another if I may.
    Another wild card in all of this is how well the HC and the VP of Player Personnel communicate with each other.


    If those two (Chiller articulating what type he needs/VP of Player Personnel doesn't understand) don't do thier jobs then the draft success will/would go down significantly.

    Sure, the budget hurt Scott in his endevours to find the right talent, but I don't think he had a clue what Tice wanted because of the poor communications between that staffs FO and Coaching staff.

    WTF has this guy got against Studwell and Co.
    ???
    I don't think he has anything against Scott.
    He actually (even though he leaves the thought up to you to decide) gives Scott props IMHO.
    Wait are you saying Childress has a say in the draft process?
    I thought it was only a person named Front Office and the medical staff.
    LOL, you crack me up.
    Of course he has a say.
    He, his coaches, Spielman and Spielmans scouts are all busy ranking players, doing mock draft scenario's etc etc all leading up to the draft that Spielman will run.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Voice your opinion on the greatest player of 2011
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 06:18 AM
  2. One-on-one with the Voice of the Vikings Paul Allen
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
  3. Experts Find Oldest Voice Recording, From 1860
    By SKOL in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM
  4. Culpepper has well-connected voice in corner
    By digital420 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 06:20 PM
  5. voice your opinion
    By vegasvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •