Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i like curtis, but hes not a legit #1 by any means..he will be a good 2, or a great 3, but nowhere close to a legit featured receiver..shiancoe il take if it costs absolutely nothing, otherwise just take one in the second round of the draft
    I recommend that we don't look at anybody they bring in as necessarily a #1, #2 or #3 but rather something to upgrade our WR corp as we need all 3 or atleast some guys that can compete for those positions.
    my point was that even if we sign curtis, we still need to find more talent at WR in either joe horn, or one of the players in the draft..i was just saying that signing curtis doesnt necessarely solidify the position by any means..were still gonna be missing that 1 great player at the WR spot
    Good point, however, Gimme 2 or 3 that can be coached and will execute on game day over 1 great player.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Freakout" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "jackal" wrote:

True but with Curtis and hopefully draft Bowe or Jarrett
    we would be a lot better off than we are now.

well yah, obviously..but we will never have any kind of prolific offense until we find that big time receiver..hopefully johnson, ginn, bowe or jarrett can be that guy if we dont find it through FA or trade

looking at this offense last season, id say we need to get SIGNIFICANTLY better..curtis makes us better, but not a whole lot better..theres still lot more work to do to find a comfort zone with our offense
    Big time receivers are overrated.
    You come across as thinking if we don't have a Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, or Terrell Owens type then we are going to suck.
    Preach on brother......
    ;D

Hit him with the whole team concept. Need to fix part of the line, get a TE that can stretch the field and oooohhh don't forget the whole QB thing in the offensive scheme of things.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings dip toe into free-agent pool[/size]

The Vikings entered the free-agent market as promised Friday, entertaining three players at Winter Park whose names might not register with casual fans.

By Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 02, 2007 – 11:56 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/16823669.htm
    -----------------------------------------------------------

[size=10pt]Smoot thankful; Vikings eye three[/size]
    BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Give Vikings coach Brad Childress credit.

He's overhauling his roster, but he's handling the moves with class.

Cornerback Fred Smoot joined three other veterans released in the past three days to be thankful that the Vikings allowed him to hit the market immediately.
    Shiancoe and Ciurciu could become Vikings today.

Ciurciu was primarily a special-teams ace for the Carolina Panthers, and Shiancoe was mostly Pro Bowl tight end Jeremy Shockey's backup for the New York Giants. He has never missed a game in his career, with 23 starts, and he has solid speed for someone 6 feet 4 and 250 pounds. According to a draft profile on NFL.com, Shiancoe ran a 4.73 in the 40-yard dash coming out of Morgan State. In his final two seasons there, he caught 49 passes for 923 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Shiancoe supposedly catches everything thrown to him, although the Giants rarely gave him chances to make plays. In four seasons, he caught 35 passes for 253 yards and three touchdowns, none in the past two seasons. The Vikings could be banking on revealing his potential, as they did with running back Chester Taylor a year ago.
    -Sno

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I think Shiancoe could actually be an upgrade in this offense...I love Wiggy too!
    But, he's not very fast, and so ends up in the same predictable spot alot, usually short of the first down!
    It seems that teams have figured out our #1 checkdown...?
    It sounds to me like Shiancoe would give us some speed up the middle...a guy that can get past the LBs...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16823669.htm

"he has solid speed for someone 6 feet 4 and 250 pounds. According to a draft profile on NFL.com, Shiancoe ran a 4.73 in the 40-yard dash coming out of Morgan State. In his final two seasons there, he caught 49 passes for 923 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Shiancoe supposedly catches everything thrown to him, although the Giants rarely gave him chances to make plays. In four seasons, he caught 35 passes for 253 yards and three touchdowns, none in the past two seasons. The Vikings could be banking on revealing his potential, as they did with running back Chester Taylor a year ago."
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I don't understand this Shiancoe meeting all that well.. If they are looking at him, they may as well pass and keep Kleinsasser as the starting TE.. Graham would be a huge addition, but it looks like he will most likely sign with his hometown Broncos..
    Dugan and Kleinsasser are our current TE's, I can see Jimmy leaving due to age, knees and money. Owens will be resigned and Shiancoe will be picked up to form our blue collar run blocking check down TE corp.

I can see that these guys aren't going to complain about being under used where as if we had signed Graham might have had a beef with being a check down opposition and watch Chester get 30+ touches.

IMHO Shiancoe played in a system with Barber and Shockey, he was quiet, knew his role and did his job......Childress is going to grab him

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I think Shiancoe could actually be an upgrade in this offense...I love Wiggy too!
    But, he's not very fast, and so ends up in the same predictable spot alot, usually short of the first down!
    It seems that teams have figured out our #1 checkdown...?
    It sounds to me like Shiancoe would give us some speed up the middle...a guy that can get past the LBs...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16823669.htm

"he has solid speed for someone 6 feet 4 and 250 pounds. According to a draft profile on NFL.com, Shiancoe ran a 4.73 in the 40-yard dash coming out of Morgan State. In his final two seasons there, he caught 49 passes for 923 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Shiancoe supposedly catches everything thrown to him, although the Giants rarely gave him chances to make plays. In four seasons, he caught 35 passes for 253 yards and three touchdowns, none in the past two seasons. The Vikings could be banking on revealing his potential, as they did with running back Chester Taylor a year ago."
    Great post man.
    ;D

Also I think VikesfaninWis nailed it on the head.....

IMHO Shiancoe played in a system with Barber and Shockey, he was quiet, knew his role and did his job......
    Shiancoe is gonna be treated like Billy M because of the Man Hate for B-Chill.

I have come to the realization that unless they are a big name guy he is almost always labeled as crud by 80 percent of the posters on this site.

Seems like he will fit the system, didn't break the bank, and will be with the team for a while.

Good on ya Chilly.
    ;D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234