Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

If he visits us today, I wonder if the Vikings will hold off signing him until they know for sure if Graham signs with Denver or not?

nareg is offline Rookie

i realy dont no this guy so i cant say nething bout him but might as well keep jimmy and not sign this guy

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i like curtis, but hes not a legit #1 by any means..he will be a good 2, or a great 3, but nowhere close to a legit featured receiver..shiancoe il take if it costs absolutely nothing, otherwise just take one in the second round of the draft
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:
    i like curtis, but hes not a legit #1 by any means..he will be a good 2, or a great 3, but nowhere close to a legit featured receiver..shiancoe il take if it costs absolutely nothing, otherwise just take one in the second round of the draft
    I recommend that we don't look at anybody they bring in as necessarily a #1, #2 or #3 but rather something to upgrade our WR corp as we need all 3 or atleast some guys that can compete for those positions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    I recommend that we don't look at anybody they bring in as necessarily a #1, #2 or #3 but rather something to upgrade our WR corp as we need all 3 or atleast some guys that can compete for those positions.
    Well put.
    One thing I like Childress (don't worry - there are several tings I dislike too...) is the fact that every position is up for grabs in the spring.
    Every player has to work for his spot.
    If someone is riding the bench who can perform better, then he isn't afraid to make the switch.
    And before anyone complains about him letting BJ go for so long, I would say that there wasn't anyone on the bench who could perform better (and I think that was fairly well proven).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    my point was that even if we sign curtis, we still need to find more talent at WR in either joe horn, or one of the players in the draft..i was just saying that signing curtis doesnt necessarely solidify the position by any means..were still gonna be missing that 1 great player at the WR spot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

jackal is offline Training Camp

my point was that even if we sign curtis, we still need to find more talent at WR in either joe horn, or one of the players in the draft..i was just saying that signing curtis doesnt necessarely solidify the position by any means..were still gonna be missing that 1 great player at the WR spot

True but with Curtis and hopefully draft Bowe or Jarrett
    we would be a lot better off than we are now.

"jackal" wrote:

well yah, obviously..but we will never have any kind of prolific offense until we find that big time receiver..hopefully johnson, ginn, bowe or jarrett can be that guy if we dont find it through FA or trade

looking at this offense last season, id say we need to get SIGNIFICANTLY better..curtis makes us better, but not a whole lot better..theres still lot more work to do to find a comfort zone with our offense

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"olson_10" wrote:
    "jackal" wrote:

well yah, obviously..but we will never have any kind of prolific offense until we find that big time receiver..hopefully johnson, ginn, bowe or jarrett can be that guy if we dont find it through FA or trade

looking at this offense last season, id say we need to get SIGNIFICANTLY better..curtis makes us better, but not a whole lot better..theres still lot more work to do to find a comfort zone with our offense
    Big time receivers are overrated.
    You come across as thinking if we don't have a Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, or Terrell Owens type then we are going to suck.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Freakout" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "jackal" wrote:

Big time receivers are overrated.
    You come across as thinking if we don't have a Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, or Terrell Owens type then we are going to suck.
    Other than the Patsies, which other successful teams DON'T have big-time WRs?
    And remember, until we get us our own Belichick and Brady, somebody else is gonna have to pick up the slack for TJack and Childress...and a big-time WR like Randy and Cris were back in the day could go a long way to making BOTH of those guys look better than they are!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast