Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Shiancoe to visit

    Err, how the heck did the Broncos get all the FA's we were interested in to visit them first.

  2. #12
    SuperVikes07 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    Re: Shiancoe to visit

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    who is this guy he was born like 5misn away from me anyway but who is this bum. im tried of the vikings moving slow on free agency days dang!!
    What do you recommend?
    Have them make illegal contact with FA's and have the agents in as well to work up contracts prior to FA so that we can sign them the minute it starts?

    Errm yes all the teams do it epsically the REDSKINS! an BRONCOS! an SEAHAWKS!

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shiancoe to visit

    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    who is this guy he was born like 5misn away from me anyway but who is this bum. im tried of the vikings moving slow on free agency days dang!!
    What do you recommend?
    Have them make illegal contact with FA's and have the agents in as well to work up contracts prior to FA so that we can sign them the minute it starts?

    Errm yes all the teams do it epsically the REDSKINS! an BRONCOS! an SEAHAWKS!
    You have proof of this of course, right?
    This isn't just something you pulled out of your ass?

    All the teams do NOT do it.
    Players' agents know who is interested in them before FA starts, and when the calls roll in, the agents basically direct the player toward the team that would be the best for the player.
    Maybe that means directing toward a team with more cap room.
    Maybe that means directing them toward a team with a more stable future.
    Whatever the reason, it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the Vikes moving slow.

    Keep in mind that we had a pretty damn good FA last year, and I expect us to again.
    These things sometimes take time.
    If you are interested only in instant gratification, you are up for a long hard life as a football fan.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Shiancoe to visit

    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    who is this guy he was born like 5misn away from me anyway but who is this bum. im tried of the vikings moving slow on free agency days dang!!
    What do you recommend?
    Have them make illegal contact with FA's and have the agents in as well to work up contracts prior to FA so that we can sign them the minute it starts?

    Errm yes all the teams do it epsically the REDSKINS! an BRONCOS! an SEAHAWKS!
    All conjecture my man.
    Remember how the T-wolves go spanked.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Shiancoe to visit

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    who is this guy he was born like 5misn away from me anyway but who is this bum. im tried of the vikings moving slow on free agency days dang!!
    What do you recommend?
    Have them make illegal contact with FA's and have the agents in as well to work up contracts prior to FA so that we can sign them the minute it starts?

    Errm yes all the teams do it epsically the REDSKINS! an BRONCOS! an SEAHAWKS!
    You have proof of this of course, right?
    This isn't just something you pulled out of your ass?

    All the teams do NOT do it.
    Players' agents know who is interested in them before FA starts, and when the calls roll in, the agents basically direct the player toward the team that would be the best for the player.
    Maybe that means directing toward a team with more cap room.
    Maybe that means directing them toward a team with a more stable future.
    Whatever the reason, it doesn't have a damn thing to do with the Vikes moving slow.

    Keep in mind that we had a pretty damn good FA last year, and I expect us to again.
    These things sometimes take time.
    If you are interested only in instant gratification, you are up for a long hard life as a football fan.
    Maybe he's only 7 like his name implies?
    I reckon the crappy weather in the Twin Cities could have something to do with the order of the visits.
    The boys in Winter Park know how to play the game if they really want somebody.
    I'm not worried about it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #16
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

    Shiancoe Who the hell is that?

  7. #17
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Shiancoe Who the hell is that?
    I know who he is. He is an obvious downgrade from Wiggins.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

    McCardell has really gotten up there in years!

  9. #19
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

    Shiancoe will be a better player in this offense that Wiggins ever had a chance to be.. It simply fits his skills better than Wiggins..

    Sure Wiggins overall talent might be alot larger, but thats just how it is..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  10. #20
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Visits scheduled with Curtis & Shiancoe

    "skum" wrote:
    Shiancoe will be a better player in this offense that Wiggins ever had a chance to be.. It simply fits his skills better than Wiggins..

    Sure Wiggins overall talent might be alot larger, but thats just how it is..
    He has the chance to be. It is a big chance to take in favor of a solid TE option. There is no way you can guarantee that a player who had 12 catches last year will be better in an offense that we have never seen work. If he was an addition to an already working offense I would be much more open to this idea. But Schiancoe is a risk, and it would be well thought out to have a veteran TE around in case he doesn't perform well as a starter.

    I will always prefer the guy with more talent. It's simple logic really.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Second Annual Adrian Peterson Day Scheduled For June 21
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM
  3. Gaines Adams scheduled for pre-draft visit
    By Property0f in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 08:37 AM
  4. Seahawks | Peterson scheduled to visit
    By vikings11_27 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 12:17 AM
  5. Manning scheduled to become RFA
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 07:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •