Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vince chooses not to throw?

"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    i always thought he had tremoundas arm strength. i mean he can throw a 70yd bomb sidearmed.
    He only throws sidearm, thats the problem. He is going to get eat'in alive in the NFL. He is probably right for not throwing at the combine, because he should be catching instead.
    Luckily for him he is 6'5" so it wont hurt him as much as it would a shorter QB. Still not good though.
    ;-)

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    i always thought he had tremoundas arm strength. i mean he can throw a 70yd bomb sidearmed.
    He only throws sidearm, thats the problem. He is going to get eat'in alive in the NFL. He is probably right for not throwing at the combine, because he should be catching instead.
    Luckily for him he is 6'5" so it wont hurt him as much as it would a shorter QB. Still not good though.
    But if he's throwing it side arm like he does his ball release is only at about 6'-0" give or take. I think Doug Flutie's realease point might be higher than that!! I also think that because he is 6'-5" he could be a good reciever, look at what Matt Jones did for himself in the combine and during the season. I know there is no chance of him taking any snaps at reciever now but I wouldn't be surprised to see it a couple of years down the road. Thats just one mans opinion though.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    But if he's throwing it side arm like he does his ball release is only at about 6'-0" give or take. I think Doug Flutie's realease point might be higher than that!! I also think that because he is 6'-5" he could be a good reciever, look at what Matt Jones did for himself in the combine and during the season. I know there is no chance of him taking any snaps at reciever now but I wouldn't be surprised to see it a couple of years down the road. Thats just one mans opinion though.
    Yeah, that's why I say he's lucky he's so tall. Throwing like that being tall is probably the only thing that's kept him alive through college like that. Not to mention being fast. However in the NFL the guys only get bigger and taller...so we'll see how it goes.
    ;-)

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I don't blame him for not going to the combine...

He finished the year on a really high note.....Everyone's talking about him, and he should go in the top 3 or 4 pics..

Why would he want to go out there, maybe have a bad day, then listen to all the negative crap I'm sure the media would try to make of it..

If he had a terrific day, nothing much would change from where it is now..

He should sit out....period

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

What if somehow some way....

We got him....

I would....I dunno what I would do.....I would do something thought

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

if we got him...

we could sell him.. like trade him to a team and get many more already experienced players
    i m better than you, so just give up...

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

He's got nothing to gain and everything to lose. A top 3 pick - how can he go much higher, but a poor showing and it could cost him the big $$$$

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

Wise decision, if he moves up ahead of Leinart in the draft then he'd probably go to New Orleans...i think he'd rather go to Tennessee. Very smart move by Vince

Del Rio Guest

By him not being there it gives the opportunity for another QB to have a fantastic showing. Him tucking tail because he is scared is not looking good for him.

His skills are already in question. Many people have very strong doubts he can even make the transition to the next level. Him being yellow about it just helps confirm their doubts.

It just leaves the window open for a guy to tear it up in the combine and give other teams a reason to pass on him. Teams that are probably looking for a reason to pass on him. Alex Smith went #1 because of his combine.

Not going will hurt him no doubt.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    By him not being there it gives the opportunity for another QB to have a fantastic showing. Him tucking tail because he is scared is not looking good for him.

His skills are already in question. Many people have very strong doubts he can even make the transition to the next level. Him being yellow about it just helps confirm their doubts.

It just leaves the window open for a guy to tear it up in the combine and give other teams a reason to pass on him. Teams that are probably looking for a reason to pass on him. Alex Smith went #1 because of his combine.

Not going will hurt him no doubt.
    Sorry Del, but I have to disagree on this one.

If he did go and have a very poor showing, which could happen to any player in any position on any given day, that is what could hurt him...

He is going in the top 4 picks as he sits now, he knows....his agent knows....and most teams that want him know this...

By sitting out, he will not lose those who already want him, and there are at least 3 teams that would take him in the first round right now..

I'll stick to my guns or eat crow, he will be gone by Pick #4 and thats without going to the combine.............

Another note: I believe I heard on ESPN, Bush isn't going to the Combine either, but he will go # 1.......Will his stock drop because of this no-show? I think not.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast