Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings work on Wildcat

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    Why? Once the Phins had used it everyone adapted to it so quickly and it became ineffective. I hope they line up to use it but fake it out more often than not
    exactly, everyone will be wanting to use it this year so can't see it being as effective as last season. Lets concentrate on trying to get the KAO working properly first before we worry about anything else.
    The Brits are right.
    If there's no threat of a pass a defense will key on the run.
    No one should know this better than Chiller.
    Who would he put as the QB in the Wildcat, Harvin?
    Can he throw?
    We need to be multi-dimensional on offense.
    Why not just use TJ?
    Especially if Sage is starting.
    Stick TJ in, then defenses will clue in that something is going on.
    He's fast enough to run with the ball, and he's got a good enough arm that he can get defense thinking wildcat run, and surprise them with a pass.
    Why not bring TJ in and line him up at WR, then put him in motion.
    Thus giving an option of a WR sweep, double reverse (PH/AD to TJ), which both could result in TJ setting up for a pass too.
    Throw in a fake double reverse.

Why not line up PH at QB and TJ at RB and pitch it to him or if the D isn't keying on a run PH runs.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    Why? Once the Phins had used it everyone adapted to it so quickly and it became ineffective. I hope they line up to use it but fake it out more often than not
    exactly, everyone will be wanting to use it this year so can't see it being as effective as last season. Lets concentrate on trying to get the KAO working properly first before we worry about anything else.
    So let me ask.
    Percy Harvin lines up at QB to FAKE the wildcat.
    How would that be a fake?

:P
    Center & QB botch the snap fumbling it to the defense....making it a faked offensive play?
    Or you just fake that the offense running a play and take a flag for delay of game or have Cook false start.....who knows, at times Bevell and Childress have faked calling good offensive plays and Jackson has faked a jump pass and a deer ;D

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I have watched a lot of florida games the last two years, and I can not wait to see how this goes. At very worst it will be fun, lots of fun.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

What was used in the wild cat formation was simply run plays. Imagine if a better passing package was placed in. The wildcat is a formation not a play. It has the potential to change football. I was talking to an ex teammate who is now an Assistant Defensive coach for the U of D and there is plenty of talk that the QB will go the way of the running back. Instead of blowing 80 million in a Stafford and not knowing if he will suceed or not, you draft 3 Pat Whites and run wildcat.
    Finally, your back to talking sense about Football instead of LD..... ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Another thing the Wildcat does is force the opposing team to work/prepare for it which takes away from working on other things.

Long story short, the more diversified we are, the more they have to cut corners, the more chance we have of winning matchups.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    The Brits are right.
    Can he throw?
    better still put TJ in as QB in the Wildcat formation.. the defence would never expect him to throw the ball - so there's an edge to our offense instantly
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    The Brits are right.
    Can he throw?
    Maybe Harvin has a hidden talent of passing.
    It would be nice if one guy on the roster did.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    The Brits are right.
    Can he throw?
    Maybe Harvin has a hidden talent of passing.
    Great athletes can usually throw the ball pretty well. I remember Moss threw a few TDs for us while he was here.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Now I'm seeing reports about how there are all these new formations and plays being designed for Harvin which is great - and therefore Childress and Bevel are now geniuses for 'recognising' the value of him. So can someone explain to me why our geniuses didn't go through such an extensive and quick planning when we drafted Peterson??
    There's another talent and the best Laurel and Hardy ever managed were hand off left, hand off right, pass and then punt.

Knowing how Childress loves his KAO I can see the Wildcat being the principal formation throughout Training Camp and pres-season, then come the regular season back to the same old same old playcalling as we've had the past few seasons.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Now I'm seeing reports about how there are all these new formations and plays being designed for Harvin which is great - and therefore Childress and Bevel are now geniuses for 'recognising' the value of him. So can someone explain to me why our geniuses didn't go through such an extensive and quick planning when we drafted Peterson??
    There's another talent and the best Laurel and Hardy ever managed were hand off left, hand off right, pass and then punt.

Knowing how Childress loves his KAO I can see the Wildcat being the principal formation throughout Training Camp and pres-season, then come the regular season back to the same old same old playcalling as we've had the past few seasons.
    Because a creative coach who knew how to utilize his talent had to do it first.

From what I've heard, we're not even utilizing Peterson in this formation much... go figure.

Truth be told, if Sporano never ran the Wildcat in Miami, no one would be running it and everyone would sit back and say, "That formation wouldn't work in the NFL..."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"AngloVike" wrote:

Peterson is talented, but his talents are pretty much as a running back.
    He's not a good receiver, he's not a good blocker, his punt returning is nothing special, and I don't know but I doubt he can throw the ball well.
    From what I know and seen of AD, is his best talent is run right, run straight, run left.... which he does better than any player in the NFL.

From what I've read, heard, and the clips I've seen of Harvin is he has the speed and hands of a good WR, the ability to see and hit holes like a RB, and although not a FL he was an accomplished returner in HS.

Thus, when you have that kind of versitility in one player, it sparks imagination.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast