Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings will wait their turn and be happy about it

[size=13pt]NFL draft: Vikings will wait their turn and be happy about it[/size]

Sure, the Vikings might be a bit bored Saturday afternoon. But that's only an annoyance, because they already filled a huge need.

By KEVIN SEIFERT, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: April 24, 2008 - 10:20 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings will wait their turn and be happy about it

[size=13pt]Vikings report: Team expects quiet draft day[/size]

By Don Seeholzer
    [email protected]
    twincities.com

Article Last Updated: 04/25/2008 12:35:38 AM CDT

The Vikings might be in win-now mode, but that doesn't mean they're going to try to trade their way back into the first round of Saturday's NFL draft....

[size=13pt]In case you were wondering…[/size]

April 24th, 2008 – 2:28 PM

by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

The Vikings traded away three of their top four draft picks in order to acquire DE Jared Allen this week, including their first-rounder. Some of you have asked: Could the Vikings trade back up into the first round if they wanted to?...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...This is the first draft since 1992 that the Vikings don’t have a selection in the first round. But Scott Studwell, director of college scouting, said that fact ”really didn’t affect our board at all.”

Studwell added: “We spent a considerable amount of time with what we thought were going to be the top 17 picks, obviously, like we do every year. But it didn’t change the order of our board from the best to the worst pick. And it really didn’t impact the way we were going to address the second round. We’re going to address it the same way we do every year. You’ve heard it. You’ve heard it before. We’re going to try and take the best player, and if it fits a need for our team, than so be it.”
    ...and this is exactly why so many of the discussion of 'who will they pick' are so ludicrous.
    This has been said many times by the Vikings front office.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    ...This is the first draft since 1992 that the Vikings don’t have a selection in the first round. But Scott Studwell, director of college scouting, said that fact ”really didn’t affect our board at all.”

Studwell added: “We spent a considerable amount of time with what we thought were going to be the top 17 picks, obviously, like we do every year. But it didn’t change the order of our board from the best to the worst pick. And it really didn’t impact the way we were going to address the second round. We’re going to address it the same way we do every year. You’ve heard it. You’ve heard it before. We’re going to try and take the best player, and if it fits a need for our team, than so be it.”
    ...and this is exactly why so many of the discussion of 'who will they pick' are so ludicrous.
    Yep! Exactly. Ergo the Vikies will take the BPA as I've said more than once here.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:

I don't see your point.

For someone to believe that thier mock draft will be 100% (hell even 25% correct) is ludicrous.

But to say that it is ludicrous for average Joe to spend time studying the players coming out college, creating a value board, the teams needs and then guessing at what each team will take based on the players availabe as a means of entertainment during the offseason doesn't seem to quite fit the description of ludicrous to me.

Maybe a bit nerdy, but ludicrous?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Yep! Exactly. Ergo the Vikies will take the BPA as I've said more than once here.
    BPA.
    Hmmmmm, I think I might have to start thinking that way as well as apposed to the way I normally think about mock drafts.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[size=13pt]Sean Jensen's five things to watch as the Vikings draft:[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 04/24/2008 05:31:16 PM CDT

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

I don't see your point.

For someone to believe that thier mock draft will be 100% (hell even 25% correct) is ludicrous.

But to say that it is ludicrous for average Joe to spend time studying the players coming out college, creating a value board, the teams needs and then guessing at what each team will take based on the players availabe as a means of entertainment during the offseason doesn't seem to quite fit the description of ludicrous to me.

Maybe a bit nerdy, but ludicrous?

;D
    Ludicrous: causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable

I stand by the description.

I'm not talking about people that enjoy that, go for it, I waste plenty hours of my life doing ridiculous things.
    I'm talking about the countless threads where people argue about how they will draft when the front office has said many times and has shown how they will draft.
    Call it a smokescreen if you wish.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

BPA.
    Hmmmmm, I think I might have to start thinking that way as well as apposed to the way I normally think about mock drafts.

;D
    It would certainly give you more time for fishing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast