Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77
  1. #11
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    I really don't like the idea of having basically two rookie QB's fighting for the starting position.. T-Jack still needs alot of work, and Quinn will be a rookie.. If that were to happen, you may as well call us a rebuilding team.. I much prefer to have Carr come here and start. He has talent, and has experience.. That is a big plus when it comes to the QB position..

  2. #12
    maxinator11's Avatar
    maxinator11 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    75

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    Gentlemen, im telling you right now... TED GINN JR. this man will give us a kick returner that is scary maybe even a punt returner too... AND he will be an excelent target for TJ... Give the man a chance he played 2 games... 10 games minimum b4 we make a decision on the kid... however, to play the devil's advocate as well... why not pick up Quinn in the first round and then pick up RICE from South Carolina in the SECOND round kk that's all for now... wat do u ppl thinK???

  3. #13
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    I would think taking Quinn that high would kind of kill any competition we would become tied to the hip with Quinn by paying him what we would need to and no to those who are bringing up David Carr he is not the answer.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  4. #14
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    "maxinator11" wrote:
    Gentlemen, im telling you right now... TED GINN JR. this man will give us a kick returner that is scary maybe even a punt returner too... AND he will be an excelent target for TJ... Give the man a chance he played 2 games... 10 games minimum b4 we make a decision on the kid... however, to play the devil's advocate as well... why not pick up Quinn in the first round and then pick up RICE from South Carolina in the SECOND round kk that's all for now... wat do u ppl thinK???

    I understand your point, but it is a longshot.. If we were to give him 10 starts before judging him that would mean 8 more starts.. What happens if he plays in those 8 games like he did in his last two starts? That would mean at best we would finish at 8-8 and miss the playoffs again.. No thanks, I'll pass.. Bring me in a guy like David Carr that can (with a decent line) get the job done right away, and I will be perfectly satisfied..

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    59

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    id still prefer carr..that first rounder can get us gaines adams or calvin johnson
    I think it's pretty much agreed that CJ is out of the question for us, but I agree that Carr and drafting Gaines would be great. I just don't think drafting Quinn at #7 is bad idea. Like I said, if BC drafts him that high it means 1)he no longer sees TJ as the franchise QB and 2) He believes Quinn has some major ability. Now he touted TJ last year and so to take Quinn makes it look like he blew it last year. SHould be interesting.
    it's okay to admit we made a mistake taking T. Jack so high.
    That's why the guy in charge of the draft for our team (can't remeber name) got fired shortly after the draft....because he shouldn't have traded up for T-Jack.
    Now let's pick Quinn and get the pick right.
    Otherwise we're stuck with T-Jack for who knows how long.
    At least if we are stuck with him we'll be seeing plenty of top-10 picks in our future!

  6. #16
    faninphx's Avatar
    faninphx is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    I wouldn't count out Calvin Johnson.
    Last year I wouldn't have dreamed that Leinart would fall to tenth in the draft.
    I guess it just depends what other teams need and also a lot of coaches are stand offish about takings WRs in the first ten spots.

  7. #17
    vike_mike's Avatar
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    474

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    T.Jack hasn't even had really a legitimate chance to show what he can do.
    VikesfaninWis is right.
    Not a good idea to have two QB's battle, then you look really silly drafting T. Jack where we did.
    I am going to be so disappointed if we draft Quinn.
    Russell is a way better pick, but even that is not a good one.

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    id still prefer carr..that first rounder can get us gaines adams or calvin johnson
    I think it's pretty much agreed that CJ is out of the question for us, but I agree that Carr and drafting Gaines would be great. I just don't think drafting Quinn at #7 is bad idea. Like I said, if BC drafts him that high it means 1)he no longer sees TJ as the franchise QB and 2) He believes Quinn has some major ability. Now he touted TJ last year and so to take Quinn makes it look like he blew it last year. SHould be interesting.
    it's okay to admit we made a mistake taking T. Jack so high.
    That's why the guy in charge of the draft for our team (can't remeber name) got fired shortly after the draft....because he shouldn't have traded up for T-Jack.
    Now let's pick Quinn and get the pick right.
    Otherwise we're stuck with T-Jack for who knows how long.
    At least if we are stuck with him we'll be seeing plenty of top-10 picks in our future!
    Holy shit.
    Childress wanted to trade up and get TJ, not Foley!
    LOL, Foley got fired because of his dictator like attitude in the front office and the embarrassments he kept bringing the team with things like his forged resume.

    We all know you don't like TJ.
    But anybody that has made their mind up on him yet (either way) is just being stubborn and closed minded.
    None of us have seen him in any type of real scenario that would warrant real evaluation.
    His two starts last year?
    One was in Green Bay on a shitty night, the other was in a throw away game against the Rams.
    And between the two he had a collective total of three weeks to practice with the first team.
    Remember, before that he practiced 100% with the practice squad.

    This summer he will have the opportunity to work out with the starters and battle for the starting spot.
    He may win, he may lose.
    Either way he will be taking snaps with the first team in practice, either as the #1 or #2.
    Once we have a chance to see him in action after actual preparation, I'll entertain people's opinions of him.
    Until then everyone is just pulling stuff out of their asses.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    id still prefer carr..that first rounder can get us gaines adams or calvin johnson
    I think it's pretty much agreed that CJ is out of the question for us, but I agree that Carr and drafting Gaines would be great. I just don't think drafting Quinn at #7 is bad idea. Like I said, if BC drafts him that high it means 1)he no longer sees TJ as the franchise QB and 2) He believes Quinn has some major ability. Now he touted TJ last year and so to take Quinn makes it look like he blew it last year. SHould be interesting.
    it's okay to admit we made a mistake taking T. Jack so high.
    That's why the guy in charge of the draft for our team (can't remeber name) got fired shortly after the draft....because he shouldn't have traded up for T-Jack.
    Now let's pick Quinn and get the pick right.
    Otherwise we're stuck with T-Jack for who knows how long.
    At least if we are stuck with him we'll be seeing plenty of top-10 picks in our future!
    Holy pooh.
    Childress wanted to trade up and get TJ, not Foley!
    LOL, Foley got fired because of his dictator like attitude in the front office and the embarrassments he kept bringing the team with things like his forged resume.

    We all know you don't like TJ.
    But anybody that has made their mind up on him yet (either way) is just being stubborn and closed minded.
    None of us have seen him in any type of real scenario that would warrant real evaluation.
    His two starts last year?
    One was in Green Bay on a poohie night, the other was in a throw away game against the Rams.
    And between the two he had a collective total of three weeks to practice with the first team.
    Remember, before that he practiced 100% with the practice squad.

    This summer he will have the opportunity to work out with the starters and battle for the starting spot.
    He may win, he may lose.
    Either way he will be taking snaps with the first team in practice, either as the #1 or #2.
    Once we have a chance to see him in action after actual preparation, I'll entertain people's opinions of him.
    Until then everyone is just pulling stuff out of their dimply buttocks.
    Not me because I agree with you 100%. Get TJ a line that can pass block,receivers who can get open and catch, and Tony Richardson back in the backfield and he will do just fine.
    I do think Bollinger may have a leg up on TJ at the start of this year but I don't think it will last long.
    If Quinn is available at 7, I think we may trade the pick if the price is right, but I don't think we will take him.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  10. #20
    jonnyb is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    125

    Re: Vikings will take look at Quinn

    Quinn has proven to have the tools to lead a team. I would love to have him. If he is still available at 7 we have to have him.
    A little competition never hurts. Jackson is raw. We all know that. If he develops into a stud, great. But at least with Quinn we have a pretty good insurance policy.
    Remember, If Quinn is available most likely all other prospects worth taking at 7 are gone. At least in the spots that we need top 7 talent.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cassel or Quinn could be Vikings' next QB
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 05:49 AM
  2. Quinn out for year
    By skum in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM
  3. Vikings Made Offer for Brady Quinn
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 06:37 AM
  4. Should the Vikings Have Drafted Brady Quinn?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
  5. Vikings still have shot at drafting Quinn
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •