Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings Will Have to Cancel Mini-Camp Next Week

Vikings Coach Frazier Says He Will Have to Cancel Teams Mini-Camp Next Week

Impact is starting to be felt.

Won't be long and we will start hearing of teams holding workouts for potential players that will fill out the teams rosters this year.

When we start hearing that, you will start to see the "Pros" start crossing over.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings Will Have to Cancel Mini-Camp Next Week

It won't happen that soon. If it does they might as well cave and sign whatever they can today. Maybe some of the marginal players and those who are up to their eyeballs in debt but I don't see many doing it.

Many of the owners with new stadiums and stadiums that need to be built potentially can lose much more than the players.

have you looked into what it takes jerry Jones every year to pay his share of the stadium? It won't get paid with scrubs my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093000
    It won't happen that soon. If it does they might as well cave and sign whatever they can today. Maybe some of the marginal players and those who are up to their eyeballs in debt but I don't see many doing it.

Many of the owners with new stadiums and stadiums that need to be built potentially can lose much more than the players.

have you looked into what it takes jerry Jones every year to pay his share of the stadium? It won't get paid with scrubs my friend.
    Good points, however, guys like Jerry got rich cause they are smart enough to have contingency plans.

His costs are covered either via an insurance policy of some sort or via an agreement with the lenders, or whatever. But in the end, he built that thing knowing the CBA issue was gonna come up.

Again, his costs are covered atleast better than the players IMHO. For some reason they, for the most part, all suck at managing their funds. Case in point, you see the story about the Fridge and the kid who gave him his ring back?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093093

Good points, however, guys like Jerry got rich cause they are smart enough to have contingency plans.

His costs are covered either via an insurance policy of some sort or via an agreement with the lenders, or whatever. But in the end, he built that thing knowing the CBA issue was gonna come up.

Again, his costs are covered atleast better than the players IMHO. For some reason they, for the most part, all suck at managing their funds. Case in point, you see the story about the Fridge and the kid who gave him his ring back?
    I don't think he has any sort of mortgage insurance against loss of revenue due to a lockout and I know that he doesn't have any sort of arrangement like that from a lender. Things just don't work that way. But if you can dig up any concrete reporting that backs you I am willing to look at it.

In the end I still say many of the owners are in a tougher spot than the players.

Minnesota looks pretty good now having a stadium that is paid for so they can weather the whole ordeal. It would be a sad day if we had already built that i Billion dollar stadium and needed to make the payment with no revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093136

I don't think he has any sort of mortgage insurance against loss of revenue due to a lockout and I know that he doesn't have any sort of arrangement like that from a lender. Things just don't work that way. But if you can dig up any concrete reporting that backs you I am willing to look at it.

In the end I still say many of the owners are in a tougher spot than the players.

Minnesota looks pretty good now having a stadium that is paid for so they can weather the whole ordeal. It would be a sad day if we had already built that i Billion dollar stadium and needed to make the payment with no revenue.
    Hah, I can't dig it up but if you think about it for a sec, it isn't that hard to think that he couldn't have something like that in place.

Heck, Christie's insures ball players and I can get insurance from work that says if I get hurt I still get paid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093155

Hah, I can't dig it up but if you think about it for a sec, it isn't that hard to think that he couldn't have something like that in place.

Heck, Christie's insures ball players and I can get insurance from work that says if I get hurt I still get paid.
    Those are a bit different examples Marty.

Quick question:

Do the players have insurance that covers their salary if they are locked out or if they hold out and don't play? That would be a closer analogy and I believe you will find there is no insurance for either because the premium would be astronomical.

Insurance is for unseen problems, not for one you manufacture.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092959

Won't be long and we will start hearing of teams holding workouts for potential players that will fill out the teams rosters this year.

When we start hearing that, you will start to see the "Pros" start crossing over.
    I'm not too sure how players will cross over when they're locked out.....don't the owners have to lift the lockout first

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093159
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093155

Those are a bit different examples Marty.

Quick question:

Do the players have insurance that covers their salary if they are locked out or if they hold out and don't play? That would be a closer analogy and I believe you will find there is no insurance for either because the premium would be astronomical.

Insurance is for unseen problems, not for one you manufacture.
    I'm not sure. Seems like they have some sort of coverage that gave them an initial $50k here recently or something like that.

Again, my original point in all of this is that the owners are rich cause they are smart. They will have looked at this and made contingency plans.

In the end, the players, for the most part, haven't and will cave first. Did it last time and will do it again.

Get ready for scab football.

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1093160

I'm not too sure how players will cross over when they're locked out.....don't the owners have to lift the lockout first
    I struggle with legalities, however, my take on this is, the defunct NFLPA is locked out. Anyone associated with it, then, is locked out.

Like they did the last time this happened, players left the union and crossed over played as scabs. Eventually, all of them crossed.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093162
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1093160

I struggle with legalities, however, my take on this is, the defunct NFLPA is locked out. Anyone associated with it, then, is locked out.

Like they did the last time this happened, players left the union and crossed over played as scabs. Eventually, all of them crossed.
    Last time the players were on strike though when players crossed the line