Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Vikings will give Shiancoe another chance, but

The Vikings are not ready to call TE Visanthe Shiancoe a bust, but they did inquire about and were very interested in free-agent TE Alge Crumpler. But a team source said they’ll give Shiancoe another year to prove himself, although drafting another tight end certainly is in the realm of possibility.
    PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers030808.htm

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings will give Shiancoe another change, but

"skum" wrote:
    The Vikings are not ready to call TE Visanthe Shiancoe a bust, but they did inquire about and were very interested in free-agent TE Alge Crumpler. But a team source said they’ll give Shiancoe another year to prove himself, although drafting another tight end certainly is in the realm of possibility.
    PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers030808.htm

So we're ok with overpaying Shiancoe, didn't sign Crumpler, but are also thinking of using a pick on another TE?
    What?

Does not make sense that the team would drsft another TE. During the Denver game, after butterfingers let another hit the turf, Jackson went right to that young TE. Seems to me like the team would look to developing that guy. Garret Mills. Seemed to me that Childress was making a point. Yanked The dummy and threw to Mills.
    Tuco the world.....

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Yeah...I liked what (little) I saw out of Mills.
    Seems promising.
    Remember Belichick freakin' when the Vikes picked him off of waivers?
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Schutz" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY

So we're ok with overpaying Shiancoe, didn't sign Crumpler, but are also thinking of using a pick on another TE?
    What?
    No. The writer is the only one speculating that we will look to the draft for a TE. None of that came from the front office. I don't know for sure if V-Shi's job was that much in jeopardy. If it was, you'd think he would have been cut loose before the roster bonuses were due or used for trade bait.

Looking at Crumpler IMO, was simply a move to try to improve a position on the team. If a player is available that is better than your player at that same position, chances are teams will look at them. It's not an indicator that the player you have is a bust, but rather the team is simply looking for a possible upgrade.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings will give Shiancoe another chance, but

Considering Crumpler signed with the Titans for cheap, Sianco better come through. We could of had a top TE for basically nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    PROFOOTBALLWEEKLY

What?
    No. The writer is the only one speculating that we will look to the draft for a TE. None of that came from the front office. I don't know for sure if V-Shi's job was that much in jeopardy. If it was, you'd think he would have been cut loose before the roster bonuses were due or used for trade bait.

Looking at Crumpler IMO, was simply a move to try to improve a position on the team. If a player is available that is better than your player at that same position, chances are teams will look at them. It's not an indicator that the player you have is a bust, but rather the team is simply looking for a possible upgrade.
    Bingo, give that man a cookie.

Crumplers knees wouldn't stand up to the pouding our TE's take and I'm not sure Mills (that everyone loves so much cause he caught a couple of passes) can stand up to the pounding as well. I know he is way to light to be an every down TE in this scheme.

By the way, I bet everyone of you Mills crotchsniffers will be the first ones beeeyyatching when he gets his ass blown up by a DE when he has to seal the back side.

Mark it on the wall.
    Shanc will do fine this year, as will all of our facets of the passing game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"LAVike" wrote:
    Seems promising.
    thats true he did pretty much freak out :P

but Mills is sort of turning into a Jason Carter, he made two catches.
    I'll reserve my judgement on him until i see him up at training camp and if he can earn a roster spot

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    Seems promising.

I'll reserve my judgement on him until i see him up at training camp and if he can earn a roster spot
    The biggest thing about Mills was he made those two catches in an actual regular season NFL game.
    Not to say that is enough to judge somebody, but it's better than trying to judge a player by what he does in practice.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "LAVike" wrote:
    Seems promising.

The biggest thing about Mills was he made those two catches in an actual regular season NFL game.
    Not to say that is enough to judge somebody, but it's better than trying to judge a player by what he does in practice.
    yea i know, Carter made his catches in the Preseason.. i wasn't saying that i didn't see promise in him as well, just don't want people getting too hyped up on him, saying he's better than Shiancoe, when as of now thats just kinda BS until September, then again.. its the offseason

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast