Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

I have always liked Garcia. I would take him over Sage and TJ but I would roll with Webb. B)

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Garcia has a hot wife, he doesn't care if he's playing pickup ball in the parking lot of a 7-11. He goes home at night to Carmella DeCesare while TJack is stuck with a picture of Childress dressed in drag.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

" Hello, is that Jeff Garcia's house?"

" Oh sweety ain't that just the truth, what do you want big boy?"

" Actually Jeff this is Zygi Wilf, I own the Minnesota Vikings and was wondering if you wanted to come and play for us seeing as Brett is playing hard to get."

" Oh Lordy Minnesota? purple is just so my colour and makes me look so butch and manly. I've always wanted to play for Denny Green."

" Er Jeff Denny Green isn't here anymore. Our HC is Brad Childress "

" The Brad Childress, the one who dresses up in drag as a flight stewardess?"

" Yes sir, thats our Brad a real joker "

" Well I can understand urges like that and you want little ol' me to take charge of the offense? I'm thrilled "

" Yes we do, Brad has the famoue KAO in his playbook. You know run left, run right, run middle , punt.. a QB's dream "
    click, sound of dial tone
    " Hello? Hello? Jeff are you there? ..............."
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

Still love all of ya though......

You could give Florio a run for his money with that post.
    .....snicker......

Do you believe that if Garcia even thought he had a chance to start on a team like the Vikes he wouldn't have jumped at it?

Again, logic dictates that when they called (rumor has it that it was around when the Noodle said he was done) they only offered a backup spot.
    Only Marrdro logic :unsure:

The only reported part of the rumor was that Garcia was contacted by MN as a fallback (not backup) plan if Favre doesn't play this year. From that Florio spins one story, and you spin another... While everyone else argues whether or not Garcia would really pass up the NFL for the UFL. Which the article never claimed he did ,because A) there was no offer and B) Garcia hasn't committed to Omaha.

A very non-sensical circle of speculation and misunderstandings ensue. In other words, a typical conversation on PP.O :cheer:

If we want to let personal logic and speculation rule the thread, here's mine. Garcia was contacted by Childress to see if he remembers seeing his favorite hat that he left behind in Philadelphia. The press finds out third hand that Garcia was contacted by Childress, and the story quickly turns into the headline of "Vikings contact Garcia to see if he is interested in being ther Plan B".

I find no logic in releasing Sage as TJ's backup over Garcia to be TJ's backup. Really, what's the point.
    Don't be fooled by the stats from the Rams game. Ole Sage made some bad throws that were made to look good by the WR's.

Long story short, the staff has been shopping him for a reason.

He isn't that good, they are happy with TJ backing up the Noodle and they want to keep a roster spot open for Webb.

Seriously, how good can Sage really be?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

Still love all of ya though......

You could give Florio a run for his money with that post.
    .....snicker......

Do you believe that if Garcia even thought he had a chance to start on a team like the Vikes he wouldn't have jumped at it?

Again, logic dictates that when they called (rumor has it that it was around when the Noodle said he was done) they only offered a backup spot.
    Only Marrdro logic :unsure:

The only reported part of the rumor was that Garcia was contacted by MN as a fallback (not backup) plan if Favre doesn't play this year. From that Florio spins one story, and you spin another... While everyone else argues whether or not Garcia would really pass up the NFL for the UFL. Which the article never claimed he did ,because A) there was no offer and B) Garcia hasn't committed to Omaha.

A very non-sensical circle of speculation and misunderstandings ensue. In other words, a typical conversation on PP.O :cheer:

If we want to let personal logic and speculation rule the thread, here's mine. Garcia was contacted by Childress to see if he remembers seeing his favorite hat that he left behind in Philadelphia. The press finds out third hand that Garcia was contacted by Childress, and the story quickly turns into the headline of "Vikings contact Garcia to see if he is interested in being ther Plan B".

I find no logic in releasing Sage as TJ's backup over Garcia to be TJ's backup. Really, what's the point.
    Don't be fooled by the stats from the Rams game. Ole Sage made some bad throws that were made to look good by the WR's.

Long story short, the staff has been shopping him for a reason.

He isn't that good, they are happy with TJ backing up the Noodle and they want to keep a roster spot open for Webb.

Seriously, how good can Sage really be?
    Marrdro's world is always so clear, I have to give you credit for that. Mine is always a bit unclear, as I try to sift through facts from conjecture.

You've changed the topic now that it looks like Favre is back. We were discussing the article in this thread which claimed that Garcia was being tagged as a potential fallback plan to Favre if he doesn't return. You changed that to, Garcia is being asked if he wants to backup TJ while we shop Sage. Which is where my comment of "what's the point" enters. Is Garcia cheaper than Sage? Is he a better backup to Sage? If so, whoop-de-doo.

Sage's performance last weekend was simply a pre-season game performance. I have not commented once on what I thought of it. I will say it is better to have a good performance than a bad one. But leave it that.

On to your theory about the Vikings shopping Sage. I have seen no clear indication of it, but I will play along, because it's another point of yours that needs to be poked at.
    Marrdro says:
    quote]He isn't that good, they are happy with TJ backing up the Noodle and they want to keep a roster spot open for Webb.[[/quote]

If we assume that they are shopping Sage, then the reason could just as easily be, "TJ isn't that good, nobody will give us squat in the league for him. Let's shop Sage and at least get something. With Favre here, there is not a need for a backup anyways, other than to close out the games with a few kneel downs. We are quite satisfied with TJ's kneel down abilities, so why not just keep him".

Not saying I buy into any of these theories, as I'm not even convinced that we are shopping Sage. But if we are, it proves nothing on your theory.

If we swap this away from telling our observers what's going on in the vikings org to what we would like the org to do....then I think I can follow.

For example: Tasty thinks that once Favre is officially onboard for the season, that we should dump TJ instead of Sage. Tasty thinks this because he doesn't believe that TJ is going to be a legitimate starter in this league. He's coming up on the last year of his contract and will mostly likely want at least as much as Sage and an extended contract. Tasty also thinks that if the unthinkable happens and Favre gets hurt during the post season, that Sage will give us a better chance to win in a pressure filled situation. Tasty is also contemplating who will be our best filler QB on the roster post Favre, until the next FA or young stud comes along. I would say it's a toss up between Sage and TJ. Neither will be counted on as long term starter material, once again making them both fairly irrelevant. Why not keep the player with more maturity that will better help the youngster's on the roster.

End of the day, it really doesn't matter to me who they keep and who goes. Outside of Favre, our QB stable is pretty replacable.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I initially read the title of this thread as "Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as fullback" and I was like damn, finally an upgrade from Tahi.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Randy Moss wrote:
    I initially read the title of this thread as "Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as fullback" and I was like damn, finally an upgrade from Tahi.
    Not going to lie, I am kind of tired, and read it the same way and I have already been and posted in this topic :blink:
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Randy Moss wrote:
    I have to admit. That one made me chuckle.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:
    Garcia has a hot wife, he doesn't care if he's playing pickup ball in the parking lot of a 7-11. He goes home at night to Carmella DeCesare while TJack is stuck with a picture of Childress dressed in drag.
    Donīt understimate Childress,somehow he has a hair and is sexy ,AGAIN..

El underdog.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Jeff Garcia, yeah, no thanks.. but pics of his (allegedly) hot wife may help sway me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast