Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    Just stick it out with Tarvaris, he has the best chance right now already knowing the offense, and having the backing of the team.

  2. #12
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    After watching him on Pros vs Joes, we don't want him. Ever. For any purpose.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #13
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    880

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    I tend to agree that Garcia likely would have taken any opportunity to play for an NFL team rather than go to the UFL. However, I seriously doubt that the Vikings really wanted him to begin with.

    Consider that, if he were brought in, then we'd have to lose not just one, but TWO of the Jackson/Rosenfels/Webb trifecta. Favre would be gone next year, and likely so would Garcia, so what would that leave us with going into 2011? One not great QB and a huge hole to fill, Mcnabb notwithstanding.

    This is Jackson's last contract year. If Favre does not return, we need to give Jackson the reins NOW, or we will never know for sure what we should do with him after the season is over. If he plays well and wins, we can re-sign him with some confidence. If he bombs, we can let him go with no loss.

    At worst, we'd still have one QB more on the roster than we would with the Garcia scenario.

    The only way I can see this being true is if the Vikings are actually trying to shop BOTH Rosenfels and Jackson right now, and have already had some hints of interest in both.

    My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

  4. #14
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    This is just another case of a reporter going overboard. Just because we contacted Garcia does not mean we "wanted him."
    As stated, there is probably a 0% chance that Garcia got an offer from an NFL franchise and CHOSE to play in the UFL instead.

  5. #15
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    I decided to actually read the article even though it was from Florio. In there he claims that Garcia is being asked to come in if Favre doesn't come back. He says that he hasn't committed to Omaha yet.

    So he never claims Garcia was given an offer by MN and he never says Garcia turned it down for Omaha.

    "Minnesota had called him and said 'if [Brett] Favre doesn't play are you ready to go?,'"

    .......

    Even though Jeff Garcia has yet to sign with the Nighthawks, he said the fully intends to join the team.
    His final statement appears to be what he was going after...

    So if, in the end, Favre decides not to play, Vikings fans will have another name to add to the list of guys they could have had if Favre had only told them his plans earlier.
    ...was that once again the Vikings passed on getting a decent QB in camp because of Favre's indecisiveness.

    Mostly it looks like Florio just wants to throw a little shit in how MN is handling the Favre situation and take a shot at our backups. He took a little piece of something and blew it up into a piece of journalism trash. Can't they revoke your card for that?

    All that being said, I do not believe that Garcia gives MN a better chance than Sage or TJ. Obviously Florio does.

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    I am not so sure I want to see Garcia here but by all means do whatever is necessary to bring in his wife.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

    If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

    This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

    As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

    WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

    Still love all of ya though......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    Marrdro wrote:
    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

    If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

    This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

    As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

    WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

    Still love all of ya though......

    You could give Florio a run for his money with that post.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

    If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

    This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

    As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

    WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

    Still love all of ya though......

    You could give Florio a run for his money with that post.
    .....snicker......

    Do you believe that if Garcia even thought he had a chance to start on a team like the Vikes he wouldn't have jumped at it?

    Again, logic dictates that when they called (rumor has it that it was around when the Noodle said he was done) they only offered a backup spot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,819

    Re:Vikings wanted Jeff Garcia as Favre fallback

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    People people people....don't buy into the spin.

    If they did call, when? My guess, when they were shopping Sage, which they still are by the way. Only way to explain all the reps he got during the Rams game.

    This is nothing more than them calling and saying, "Hey, if the Noodle doesn't play, we are gonna go with TJ. You wanna have a piece of the "Backup" money?"

    As he did with the Raiders, he said no to being a backup and opted to go to a place he could play.

    WOW. You guys/gals are really getting spun up by these sports hacks over nothing.

    Still love all of ya though......

    You could give Florio a run for his money with that post.
    .....snicker......

    Do you believe that if Garcia even thought he had a chance to start on a team like the Vikes he wouldn't have jumped at it?

    Again, logic dictates that when they called (rumor has it that it was around when the Noodle said he was done) they only offered a backup spot.
    Only Marrdro logic :unsure:

    The only reported part of the rumor was that Garcia was contacted by MN as a fallback (not backup) plan if Favre doesn't play this year. From that Florio spins one story, and you spin another... While everyone else argues whether or not Garcia would really pass up the NFL for the UFL. Which the article never claimed he did ,because A) there was no offer and B) Garcia hasn't committed to Omaha.

    A very non-sensical circle of speculation and misunderstandings ensue. In other words, a typical conversation on PP.O :cheer:

    If we want to let personal logic and speculation rule the thread, here's mine. Garcia was contacted by Childress to see if he remembers seeing his favorite hat that he left behind in Philadelphia. The press finds out third hand that Garcia was contacted by Childress, and the story quickly turns into the headline of "Vikings contact Garcia to see if he is interested in being ther Plan B".

    I find no logic in releasing Sage as TJ's backup over Garcia to be TJ's backup. Really, what's the point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congrats C Mac on the JEFF GARCIA (7G)!!
    By El Vikingo in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
  2. Jeff Garcia versus the Vikings
    By FuadFan in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 04:13 PM
  3. Jeff Garcia
    By PurpleCanuck in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 03:41 PM
  4. Does this mean that Jeff Garcia will end up in Detroit?
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:39 AM
  5. Jeff Garcia
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 06:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •