Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 188
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096235
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096233
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096213
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Were in the hell do you come up with this stuff.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand.
    Yeah, he learned some plays, learned some terminology, learned some players.

    Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    Yeah, you sure showed me.. inch:
    You still missed it.

    Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

    When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

    Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    Ah, so he ran routes, caught passes and threw a few balls. Terrific.

    Do you really think in four months he learned enough to help show a guy like Ponder the ropes. The same Ponder guy who will be here far longer than Thigpen ever was?

    He got phased out of KC for a reason. He sucked. He's not starting in Miami for a reason, he sucks. He's not a vet backup to share his wisdom, he's a young guy fighting for a roster spot.

    If you want to bring in Ponder, it would be for the sole reason of giving Ponder confidence, knowing he can't possibly lose his job to this clown.
    I don't think he ran any routes. Unless I'm mistaken the QB throws to the WR's who run the routes.

    He got phased out of KC because they traded for a "Franchis QB" when the new regime came in.

    And why did you single out only Thiggggy out of all those other candidates? Perhaps he's the only one you know? :huh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096233
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096213
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Were in the hell do you come up with this stuff.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand.
    Yeah, he learned some plays, learned some terminology, learned some players.

    Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    Yeah, you sure showed me.. inch:
    You still missed it.

    Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

    When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

    Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    If that is the case then probably 60-75 percent of the guys on your FA list fit the same profile.

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096239
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096235
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096233
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096213
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Were in the hell do you come up with this stuff.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand.
    Yeah, he learned some plays, learned some terminology, learned some players.

    Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    Yeah, you sure showed me.. inch:
    You still missed it.

    Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

    When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

    Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    Ah, so he ran routes, caught passes and threw a few balls. Terrific.

    Do you really think in four months he learned enough to help show a guy like Ponder the ropes. The same Ponder guy who will be here far longer than Thigpen ever was?

    He got phased out of KC for a reason. He sucked. He's not starting in Miami for a reason, he sucks. He's not a vet backup to share his wisdom, he's a young guy fighting for a roster spot.

    If you want to bring in Ponder, it would be for the sole reason of giving Ponder confidence, knowing he can't possibly lose his job to this clown.
    I don't think he ran any routes. Unless I'm mistaken the QB throws to the WR's who run the routes.
    Thigpen took reps at receiver as well as QB, unless I'm thinking of someone else (don't believe so)

    He got phased out of KC because they traded for a "Franchis QB" when the new regime came in.
    Ah, and I guess THigpen wasn't good enough to play backup?

    And why did you single out only Thiggggy out of all those other candidates? Perhaps he's the only one you know? :huh:
    Ha, no, because he's the only one where I found your opinion of him to be baffling.

  4. #24
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096240
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096233
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096213
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Were in the hell do you come up with this stuff.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand.
    Yeah, he learned some plays, learned some terminology, learned some players.

    Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    Yeah, you sure showed me.. inch:
    You still missed it.

    Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

    When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

    Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    If that is the case then probably 60-75 percent of the guys on your FA list fit the same profile.
    don't muddy the waters up too much, we're having trouble establishing that Thigpen is not the second coming of christ as it is.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096236
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    Is that really a reach considering TJ didn't after 5 years?

    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand
    .

    What was the Vikings brand is no longer the Vikings brand so the point is irrelevant. Musgrave has said the terminology will be different, the personnel packages will be different and you have to know they will be teaching them different nuances of offense than the last group did.

    Truth of the matter is, the only other candidates that have more knowledge of the system are:

    Webb
    Ponder
    Bomar
    They don't know the system. If the system was a carbon copy they would have already had the playbooks that were just handed out because only the cover would have changed. Come on my friend you are better than to believe we would buy into that.

    Rationale behind that is because they are the only ones our staff has talked to.
    If nothing has changed then the players could get the playbook and have conversations with the rest of the players and get anything they need to know.


    Again, for this discussion, I am just looking for a cat who has experience in the scheme my friend.
    You, I or any other rube in the world really have zero clue as to the composition of the playbook or the scheme.

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    You gotta know when to fold em.:laugh:
    You've been hanging around or good friend bleed to long. I didn't say they knew the system.

    I said they they had the most knowledge of what the system is right now.

    The candidates I listed, that I found interesting, had time in one variant or another of the WCO scheme, which Thiggyyy is one.

    The Noodle is a good example. He had lots of experience in the WCO and picked our varaint up pretty quickly. Assumption on my part is that the cats like Thiggyyy would pick it up quicker than a cat who hadn't played in any variant of the scheme.

    (On a side note: No bleed. I'm not saying Thiigggyyy is as good as the Noodle. LOL)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096242
    don't muddy the waters up too much, we're having trouble establishing that Thigpen is not the second coming of christ as it is.
    Again, were in the hell do you come up with this shit.

    Either you have a comprehension problem or you have a exaggeration problem. No were did I say he was anything of the sort.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096248
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096236
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    Is that really a reach considering TJ didn't after 5 years?

    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand
    .

    What was the Vikings brand is no longer the Vikings brand so the point is irrelevant. Musgrave has said the terminology will be different, the personnel packages will be different and you have to know they will be teaching them different nuances of offense than the last group did.

    Truth of the matter is, the only other candidates that have more knowledge of the system are:

    Webb
    Ponder
    Bomar
    They don't know the system. If the system was a carbon copy they would have already had the playbooks that were just handed out because only the cover would have changed. Come on my friend you are better than to believe we would buy into that.

    Rationale behind that is because they are the only ones our staff has talked to.
    If nothing has changed then the players could get the playbook and have conversations with the rest of the players and get anything they need to know.


    Again, for this discussion, I am just looking for a cat who has experience in the scheme my friend.
    You, I or any other rube in the world really have zero clue as to the composition of the playbook or the scheme.

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    You gotta know when to fold em.:laugh:
    You've been hanging around or good friend bleed to long. I didn't say they knew the system.

    I said they they had the most knowledge of what the system is right now.

    The candidates I listed, that I found interesting, had time in one variant or another of the WCO scheme, which Thiggyyy is one.

    The Noodle is a good example. He had lots of experience in the WCO and picked our varaint up pretty quickly. Assumption on my part is that the cats like Thiggyyy would pick it up quicker than a cat who hadn't played in any variant of the scheme.

    (On a side note: No bleed. I'm not saying Thiigggyyy is as good as the Noodle. LOL)
    I thought it was pretty well known that our variant of the WCO, and what Favre ran in GB is nearly identical. The terminology is very similar, the plays are very similar.

    In fact, Favre had 18 years of experience in the WCO. THipgen had 4 months. You're comparason of Favre's ability to adapt to a similar scheme he just left, and Thigpens ability to help Ponder learn a scheme he didn't really know himself literally had me laughing out loud. Now people are looking, Databases aren't supposed to have a purple background.

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096249
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096242
    don't muddy the waters up too much, we're having trouble establishing that Thigpen is not the second coming of christ as it is.
    Again, were in the hell do you come up with this shit.

    Either you have a comprehension problem or you have a exaggeration problem. No were did I say he was anything of the sort.
    I'm just playing your game

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096248
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096236
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    Is that really a reach considering TJ didn't after 5 years?

    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand
    .

    What was the Vikings brand is no longer the Vikings brand so the point is irrelevant. Musgrave has said the terminology will be different, the personnel packages will be different and you have to know they will be teaching them different nuances of offense than the last group did.

    Truth of the matter is, the only other candidates that have more knowledge of the system are:

    Webb
    Ponder
    Bomar
    They don't know the system. If the system was a carbon copy they would have already had the playbooks that were just handed out because only the cover would have changed. Come on my friend you are better than to believe we would buy into that.

    Rationale behind that is because they are the only ones our staff has talked to.
    If nothing has changed then the players could get the playbook and have conversations with the rest of the players and get anything they need to know.


    Again, for this discussion, I am just looking for a cat who has experience in the scheme my friend.
    You, I or any other rube in the world really have zero clue as to the composition of the playbook or the scheme.

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    You gotta know when to fold em.:laugh:
    You've been hanging around or good friend bleed to long. I didn't say they knew the system.

    I said they they had the most knowledge of what the system is right now.

    The candidates I listed, that I found interesting, had time in one variant or another of the WCO scheme, which Thiggyyy is one.

    The Noodle is a good example. He had lots of experience in the WCO and picked our varaint up pretty quickly. Assumption on my part is that the cats like Thiggyyy would pick it up quicker than a cat who hadn't played in any variant of the scheme.

    (On a side note: No bleed. I'm not saying Thiigggyyy is as good as the Noodle. LOL)
    I thought it was pretty well known that our variant of the WCO, and what Favre ran in GB is nearly identical. The terminology is very similar, the plays are very similar.

    In fact, Favre had 18 years of experience in the WCO. THipgen had 4 months. You're comparason of Favre's ability to adapt to a similar scheme he just left, and Thigpens ability to help Ponder learn a scheme he didn't really know himself literally had me laughing out loud. Now people are looking, Databases aren't supposed to have a purple background.
    Let me try a different box of crayons.........Thigpen has been in a variant of the WCO his whole career my friend. Not just for 4 months.

    Interesting study to look at how Coach Coryell and Coach Walsh's coaching tree's have spread down throughout the league and how they impact the game to this day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096291
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096248
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096236
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224

    Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    Is that really a reach considering TJ didn't after 5 years?

    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand
    .

    What was the Vikings brand is no longer the Vikings brand so the point is irrelevant. Musgrave has said the terminology will be different, the personnel packages will be different and you have to know they will be teaching them different nuances of offense than the last group did.

    Truth of the matter is, the only other candidates that have more knowledge of the system are:

    Webb
    Ponder
    Bomar
    They don't know the system. If the system was a carbon copy they would have already had the playbooks that were just handed out because only the cover would have changed. Come on my friend you are better than to believe we would buy into that.

    Rationale behind that is because they are the only ones our staff has talked to.
    If nothing has changed then the players could get the playbook and have conversations with the rest of the players and get anything they need to know.


    Again, for this discussion, I am just looking for a cat who has experience in the scheme my friend.
    You, I or any other rube in the world really have zero clue as to the composition of the playbook or the scheme.

    WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    You gotta know when to fold em.:laugh:
    You've been hanging around or good friend bleed to long. I didn't say they knew the system.

    I said they they had the most knowledge of what the system is right now.

    The candidates I listed, that I found interesting, had time in one variant or another of the WCO scheme, which Thiggyyy is one.

    The Noodle is a good example. He had lots of experience in the WCO and picked our varaint up pretty quickly. Assumption on my part is that the cats like Thiggyyy would pick it up quicker than a cat who hadn't played in any variant of the scheme.

    (On a side note: No bleed. I'm not saying Thiigggyyy is as good as the Noodle. LOL)
    I thought it was pretty well known that our variant of the WCO, and what Favre ran in GB is nearly identical. The terminology is very similar, the plays are very similar.

    In fact, Favre had 18 years of experience in the WCO. THipgen had 4 months. You're comparason of Favre's ability to adapt to a similar scheme he just left, and Thigpens ability to help Ponder learn a scheme he didn't really know himself literally had me laughing out loud. Now people are looking, Databases aren't supposed to have a purple background.
    Let me try a different box of crayons.........Thigpen has been in a variant of the WCO his whole career my friend. Not just for 4 months.

    Interesting study to look at how Coach Coryell and Coach Walsh's coaching tree's have spread down throughout the league and how they impact the game to this day.
    Ah, well then,

    Chan Gailey, Chiefs OC for 2008. Lasted 3 games, demoted.
    Todd Haley has called the plays and ran the offense. He had OC's come and go over that time, nobody stuck. Guess what, the Chiefs didn't run a west coast offense. Just because someone somewhere worked with Walsh doesn't mean his scheme carried on.

    Every offense in the known world has some part of WCO in it. That doesn'tmake them all the same, or even similar.

    If you think four months of running plays with the practice squad in practice equates to an understanding of the WCO.. well, Well I just don't have anything to say to that.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ponder, Webb compete to back up McNabb
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
  2. Vikings need a healthy Berrian to compete
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
  3. Vikings | Rosenfels will compete for starting quarterback job
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 618
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
  4. Vikings have talent to compete with best
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
  5. Vikings' loss shows they can compete with Bears
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •