Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096223
    We ended the year with Jackson and brett on IR and Joe Webb as the most experienced and best QB on the roster. How hard can it be to improve on that?
    Webb, by he way, beat the Iggles, with a bunch of backups on the field.

Imagine what Ponder could/would/will do with all the starters on the field.

On a side note, I have a sneaky feeling why a few on here don't want the kid to come in and do good. I think they are afraid he will do good and that would blow them all out of the water with respect to a certain you know who.

LOL. Wouldn't that make the site fun. :P :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096224
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096215
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096213
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Were in the hell do you come up with this stuff.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

Are you saying that he didn't grasp any of the WCO concepts in that 4 months?
    What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand.
    Yeah, he learned some plays, learned some terminology, learned some players.

Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

WOW. What did you say yesterday....."Thanks for playing"........HAHAHAHA.
    Yeah, you sure showed me.. inch:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096225
    We ended the year with Jackson and brett on IR and Joe Webb as the most experienced and best QB on the roster. How hard can it be to improve on that?
    Yeah, because Webb singlehandedly won that game.

Webb won by throwing 17/26 for 195 yards and no TD's, which is pretty good for a rookie who was our #3 going into the season. Did he win the game? God no. He made sure we didn't lose the game, but the defense recording six sacks, a pick and two fumbles did a hell of alot more.

The defense not allowing the guy talked about as a potential MVP to get in a groove did more to win the game.

The defense that injured Vick, made sure we won the game

Peterson putting up a buck-18 on the ground got us the game.

Webb did an excellent job of managing the game. But that is by far the highlight of his career.

Depends who shows up to play. The team that played the Iggles, or the team that played the Packers.

On a side note, I have a sneaky feeling why a few on here don't want the kid to come in and do good. I think they are afraid he will do good and that would blow them all out of the water with respect to a certain you know who.
    You keep thinking that. Nobody here doesn't want Ponder to do well. If he comes in day one and tears up the league, fantastic. Odds are he won't. But keep thinking up those lunatic ideas, provides for great entertainment.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If you are making a reference to people not wanting him to do better than Brett I think you should try again.

In the end they want a guy who CAN play like the 2009 Brett and not the 2006-2010 TJ or any other retread we have been subjected to and they don't want yet another thing for other teams fans to ridicule them about.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA) - Interesting option. Knows the system. Would want to be starter though.
    I'm sorry, in what was you do you think Thigpen knows the system? He was a Viking for all of four months.
    Uh, the internet? NFL.com Wikiedia Vikings.com All generally have pretty good information regarding players.

Wait, he learned some of CHilly's plays, he learned some of Chilly's terminology. Better yet? He learned them five years ago. Do you really think a) Nothing has changed or b) he remembers it?

You still missed it.

Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096230

If you are making a reference to people not wanting him to do better than Brett I think you should try again.

In the end they want a guy who CAN play like the 2009 Brett and not the 2006-2010 TJ or any other retread we have been subjected to and they don't want yet another thing for other teams fans to ridicule them about.
    If he comes in and plays great behind the starters one could almost make the following discussion points stick...

a. The team carried the Noodle in 2009 and not the other way around like some contend.
    b. The 2010 season was proof that the Noodle was carried by the team in 2009 cause the Noodle couldn't carry the 2010 team.

Something along those lines. In short, I still think I'm on to something here. :laugh:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096233
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096226

You still missed it.

Marrdro can be seen breaking out the color crayons.........

When I say the scheme, I am talking his experience in total running a WCO, not just the 4 months you seem to be zeroing on when he was a Viking.

Again, Thanks for playing........LOL :P
    Ah, so he ran routes, caught passes and threw a few balls. Terrific.

Do you really think in four months he learned enough to help show a guy like Ponder the ropes. The same Ponder guy who will be here far longer than Thigpen ever was?

He got phased out of KC for a reason. He sucked. He's not starting in Miami for a reason, he sucks. He's not a vet backup to share his wisdom, he's a young guy fighting for a roster spot.

If you want to bring in Ponder, it would be for the sole reason of giving Ponder confidence, knowing he can't possibly lose his job to this clown.

Blog Entries

Is that really a reach considering TJ didn't after 5 years?

What Thigggy brings is WCO experience, not necessarily the Vikings brand

What was the Vikings brand is no longer the Vikings brand so the point is irrelevant. Musgrave has said the terminology will be different, the personnel packages will be different and you have to know they will be teaching them different nuances of offense than the last group did.

Truth of the matter is, the only other candidates that have more knowledge of the system are:

Webb
    Ponder
    Bomar
    They don't know the system. If the system was a carbon copy they would have already had the playbooks that were just handed out because only the cover would have changed. Come on my friend you are better than to believe we would buy into that.

Rationale behind that is because they are the only ones our staff has talked to.
    If nothing has changed then the players could get the playbook and have conversations with the rest of the players and get anything they need to know.

Again, for this discussion, I am just looking for a cat who has experience in the scheme my friend.
    You, I or any other rube in the world really have zero clue as to the composition of the playbook or the scheme.

You gotta know when to fold em.:laugh:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096234

If he comes in and plays great behind the starters one could almost make the following discussion points stick...

a. The team carried the Noodle in 2009 and not the other way around like some contend.
    b. The 2010 season was proof that the Noodle was carried by the team in 2009 cause the Noodle couldn't carry the 2010 team.

Something along those lines. In short, I still think I'm on to something here. :laugh:
    Or you are on something. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096234

Just because I farted, doesn't mean the next fart you smell is mine

the 2010 season was proof Favre was hurt all season. Your 'proof' is terrible at worst, and laughable at best.

no, I think you're ON something.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast