Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098410
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

That rules out Sage on both counts.
    Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.
    1. I didn't bring up Sage. PF did.

2. I'm correct, you're wrong. Unless of course you have some compelling evidence that shows Sage was 2nd on the depth charts ahead of Jackson.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098032
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

Childress is no longer here so now that the deck would not be stacked in TJ's favor Sage would win that contest easily.

Granted, Sage is not the greatest QB in the league by far- Just better than Jackson.
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?

Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?

TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.

Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.

Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Yes.

Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    The new HC has been relegated to the position of other HC's. He doesn't have a say in anything anymore. Heck, I bet Musgrove had more of a say in Ponders pick than Leslie did.

I'll even go as far as to say that if Webb outplays Ponder and Ponder still starts its Musgroves call and not Leslies.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098424
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.

2. I'm correct, you're wrong. Unless of course you have some compelling evidence that shows Sage was 2nd on the depth charts ahead of Jackson.
    yup.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098481
    Yes.

The new HC has been relegated to the position of other HC's. He doesn't have a say in anything anymore. Heck, I bet Musgrove had more of a say in Ponders pick than Leslie did.

I'll even go as far as to say that if Webb outplays Ponder and Ponder still starts its Musgroves call and not Leslies.
    WTF?!?!?!?!?

Virtually everyone (except you) agreed that Chiller had too much power. Now you want to take the opposite tack and state that Frazier will be a lame duck coach? Do you have even a single SHRED of evidence to support that?

I'm betting, "No".....but I just had to ask...

Caine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098497
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098424
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

yup.
    LMAO.

We have a winner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098499
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098481
    Yes.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Virtually everyone (except you) agreed that Chiller had too much power. Now you want to take the opposite tack and state that Frazier will be a lame duck coach? Do you have even a single SHRED of evidence to support that?

I'm betting, "No".....but I just had to ask...

Caine
    It's OK. You just have to remember when he is in the closet I am convinced there is an issue with a lack of oxygen and he gets disoriented when he posts out of there.

Hopefully he will be done with that gig before the effects become permanant.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Yes.

PF you have some valid points. but if you think high draft pick QB's don't get preferential treatment when it comes to starting in the NFL, then I would have to say you haven't payed attention in the last ten years. That is the way of the league.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1098502
    Yes.

PF you have some valid points. but if you think high draft pick QB's don't get preferential treatment when it comes to starting in the NFL, then I would have to say you haven't payed attention in the last ten years. That is the way of the league.
    I am not sure that I ever tried to make that argument. If you look at what I was talking about first it had to do with TJ, who was not a high draft pick and secondly it was about him being given the job without an honest competition. To that point I do not see it as the way of the league or the way of any successful franchises.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast