Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 188
  1. #171
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098410
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

    Mmmmm, no.

    Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

    That rules out Sage on both counts.
    Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.
    1. I didn't bring up Sage. PF did.

    2. I'm correct, you're wrong. Unless of course you have some compelling evidence that shows Sage was 2nd on the depth charts ahead of Jackson.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #172
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098032
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

    Mmmmm, no.

    Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

    That rules out Sage on both counts.
    Childress is no longer here so now that the deck would not be stacked in TJ's favor Sage would win that contest easily.

    Granted, Sage is not the greatest QB in the league by far- Just better than Jackson.
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #173
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.

  4. #174
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    The new HC has been relegated to the position of other HC's. He doesn't have a say in anything anymore. Heck, I bet Musgrove had more of a say in Ponders pick than Leslie did.

    I'll even go as far as to say that if Webb outplays Ponder and Ponder still starts its Musgroves call and not Leslies.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #175
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098424
    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098410
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

    Mmmmm, no.

    Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

    That rules out Sage on both counts.
    Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.
    1. I didn't bring up Sage. PF did.

    2. I'm correct, you're wrong. Unless of course you have some compelling evidence that shows Sage was 2nd on the depth charts ahead of Jackson.
    yup.

  6. #176
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098481
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    The new HC has been relegated to the position of other HC's. He doesn't have a say in anything anymore. Heck, I bet Musgrove had more of a say in Ponders pick than Leslie did.

    I'll even go as far as to say that if Webb outplays Ponder and Ponder still starts its Musgroves call and not Leslies.
    WTF?!?!?!?!?

    Virtually everyone (except you) agreed that Chiller had too much power. Now you want to take the opposite tack and state that Frazier will be a lame duck coach? Do you have even a single SHRED of evidence to support that?

    I'm betting, "No".....but I just had to ask...


    Caine

  7. #177
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098497
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098424
    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1098410
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

    Mmmmm, no.

    Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

    That rules out Sage on both counts.
    Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.
    1. I didn't bring up Sage. PF did.

    2. I'm correct, you're wrong. Unless of course you have some compelling evidence that shows Sage was 2nd on the depth charts ahead of Jackson.
    yup.
    LMAO.

    We have a winner.

  8. #178
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098499
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098481
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    The new HC has been relegated to the position of other HC's. He doesn't have a say in anything anymore. Heck, I bet Musgrove had more of a say in Ponders pick than Leslie did.

    I'll even go as far as to say that if Webb outplays Ponder and Ponder still starts its Musgroves call and not Leslies.
    WTF?!?!?!?!?

    Virtually everyone (except you) agreed that Chiller had too much power. Now you want to take the opposite tack and state that Frazier will be a lame duck coach? Do you have even a single SHRED of evidence to support that?

    I'm betting, "No".....but I just had to ask...


    Caine
    It's OK. You just have to remember when he is in the closet I am convinced there is an issue with a lack of oxygen and he gets disoriented when he posts out of there.

    Hopefully he will be done with that gig before the effects become permanant.

  9. #179
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,471

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    PF you have some valid points. but if you think high draft pick QB's don't get preferential treatment when it comes to starting in the NFL, then I would have to say you haven't payed attention in the last ten years. That is the way of the league.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  10. #180
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1098502
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098474
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098471
    So you think that TJ was given extra special treatment and only kept around because of the HC?
    Yes.

    Why would you now think that young Ponder isn't going to be treated in the same light then?
    Because that coach is no longer here and the new one hopefully doesn't roll that way. But only time will tell. It might get better, it might get worse.

    TJ wasn't drafted with the 12th pick and was payed basically crap for his time here. Ponder will probably get more in his signing bonus that TJ did out of his whole contract.
    Means nothing in the context of the discussion.

    Face it my friends, young Ponder is the future and will start this year. Any vet that is brought in will be nothing more than a guy who can help him study film.
    He will start this year if he has the right stuff. Hopefully you aren't attempting to tie Ponder starting with what went on with Jackson for 5 seasons.

    Nothing more, nothing less. Heck, I'll even go so far as to say that young Webb is etched in stone as the number 2 right behind Ponder.
    Possible. OTOH if Webb outplays Ponder for a few years and still doesn't start over him then we will not have gained anything since firing Childress and the team will be set back even more years. Hopefully we can all agree that that would not be a good thing.
    PF you have some valid points. but if you think high draft pick QB's don't get preferential treatment when it comes to starting in the NFL, then I would have to say you haven't payed attention in the last ten years. That is the way of the league.
    I am not sure that I ever tried to make that argument. If you look at what I was talking about first it had to do with TJ, who was not a high draft pick and secondly it was about him being given the job without an honest competition. To that point I do not see it as the way of the league or the way of any successful franchises.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ponder, Webb compete to back up McNabb
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
  2. Vikings need a healthy Berrian to compete
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 11:31 PM
  3. Vikings | Rosenfels will compete for starting quarterback job
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 618
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
  4. Vikings have talent to compete with best
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
  5. Vikings' loss shows they can compete with Bears
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •