Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1097802
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097788

Guess you need to pay closer attention then.

I would have been done with Jackson after 3, had he not sat on the bench behind Favre for two years.
    Wait a minute- Ho;d the presses.....

You could have been done with Jackson after 3 because he wasn't on the bench behind Brett until years 4 and 5.

Maybe I am not the one who isn't paying attention.......

It's the benching & not playing him that many here wanted, that kept him on the roster those extra two years.
    What? Since when is the decision to keep a player based on what you and Marr and Tad 7( The many). If you think he was on the roster for 2 extra years just so you and your posse could see hi play more you are delusional.

I wanted to continue to play him all of 2008 & find out if he'd pan out or not & move on after that if he didn't.
    And I suppose if he only made it to game 15 and got hurt you would have to push the reset button because you didn't see a full year. Good luck on ever seeing him play a full season because he can't even stay healthy for a half of one unless he is riding the pine.

It's not a matter of years that matter. People just can't grasp that. It's the amount of playing time in those years that the player has had.

What some people can't grasp is that some people ( Jackson in this case) just plain suck and no amount of playing time can fix that level of suckiness.

Home many games did Favre start in those two years? 31
    Home many games did TJ start in those five years? 21

Do you see the difference yet?
    Yeah, Brett for the most part stays healthy or in the least he plays through pain wheras TJ goes on IR every time he gets menstrual cramps.

Try this:

Brett
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-gY3OrHFPg

TJ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn9WqjEKqao

Do you see the difference yet?:P

If you go by years a person could say Aaron Rodgers didn't do shit his first three years to make it look like he was worthless, which is exactly why those who hated TJ always use the years.
    Yeah, boy you really nailed it with that analogy. I guess after that one I have to admit TJ didn't suck after all. Thank you for the groundbreaking comparison..........
    Yes, he sat down behind Favre in years 4 & 5, but he also sat behind Frerotte in year 3.

Um, "the many" I'm referring to, isn't Marrdro, Tad7 or myself. Did we want him benched? Nope.

What part of "the many that wanted him benched" don't you get?

Yeah, I see the difference in the videos. Means absolutely nothing. Anyone can cherry pick a couple of videos.

That was a nice pass by Favre & a win that many credited as a Favre win. It was also an amazing catch by Lewis.

That was a nice "TEAM" win wasn't it?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Kyle Orton could be on the Vikings' radar

Some believe that Christian Ponder is the most immediate NFL-ready quarterback in the 2011 rookie class. But whether this is true or not, with no offseason workouts, even the most NFL-ready rookie is unlikely to actually be ready come Week 1.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/29449023

Kyle Orton reportedly on Vikings radar

In theory, the Vikings might love to start rookie quarterback Christian Ponder on day one and let him learn on the job.

In reality, the team may only have three weeks to get ready for the season and playing a rookie quarterback could be unrealistic and ultimately harmful to the kidís development.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/20/kyle-orton-reportedly-on-vikings-radar/related

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Broncos reportedly want at least a second for Orton. No way we give up that high of a pick for a QB when we have the supposed guy of the future. We will get a QB in FA that doesn't cost us a pick if we get anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098023
    The Broncos reportedly want at least a second for Orton. No way we give up that high of a pick for a QB when we have the supposed guy of the future. We will get a QB in FA that doesn't cost us a pick if we get anyone.
    I agree the Vikings won't waste a high draft pick to get a veteran QB.

They'll be looking for someone to get them thru the year if Ponder can't be ready by week 1.

Like I've said before, it'll be someone down a few from the top of the FA pool. Someone who won't mind backing up if Ponder is ready or won't mind starting if he's not.

Blog Entries

Someone like Sage

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098026
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

That rules out Sage on both counts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Someone who has started in the NFL for several years (with success) & someone who could actually beat out TJ for a backup role.

Childress is no longer here so now that the deck would not be stacked in TJ's favor Sage would win that contest easily.

Granted, Sage is not the greatest QB in the league by far- Just better than Jackson.

GQVikesFanLV is offline Waterboy

I don't know if anyone has already posted this but what about bringing Culpepper back?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/692011-daunte-culpepper-qa-thoughts-on-nfl-free-agency-vikings-and-christian-ponder?utm_campaign=buzztap&utm_source=&utm_medium =twitter

Ryan: It was not long ago that you shared a spot on the roster with the Detroit Lionsí number-one overall draft selection, Matthew Stafford; who has continued to show promising signs of growth at the position.

Having already had experience in helping to prepare young quarterbacks, how would you feel about having the opportunity to work with Christian Ponder in Minnesota?

Daunte: I will always have a warm spot in my heart for cold Minnesota. It was an amazing experience last year to be selected as one of the 50 greatest Viking players and to be back amongst the Viking fans.

If I can help their young franchise quarterback transition to the level of their expectations, I would be honored. My feeling is that if there is any team that would benefit from having a veteran guy that can show a younger guy how to prepare and play at the NFL level, then I am interested.

Coach Dennis Green always taught us that if you know your role and play that role well, then the team can be successful. I am looking to fill the role of playing or competing to play in the present which will ultimately help prepare a young guy for the future.

That is what worked for me when I spent a full year watching and learning behind a couple of vets when I was drafted.
    None

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1098030
    Someone like Sage

Mmmmm, no.

Wow. Of course you would look for an argument about two guys who aren't even on the roster... And be wrong about it too.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast