singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097585
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097545
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097498

Remember that one pass Shank dropped vs. the Colts? That wasn't TJ's fault"
    And it wasn't. You still can't get over that one

"oh, well all QB's jump pass"
    You didn't have a problem when Favre did it & I don't believe you had a problem with it when TJ did it in the Bills game for a big play.

But if you want to still dwell on a jump pass from 5 years ago from one of his first games, go ahead.
    My point was there is an excuse for EVERYTHING regarding TJ. Yes, some things are fine, somethings happen. Some QB's improve over the course of 5 years, TJ didn't, but the excuses kept coming. I'm through trying to prove that TJ was garbage, we're moving on. My only point was there were excuses for EVERything, from the fans, AND the coaches. It is time to move on from the TJ era.
    And those same excuses were there for Favre. No one put the blame on everyone else but TJ, they merely pointed out that those other problems did exist. In fact, two years with Favre & they still exist.

Had we played TJ all of 2008, like I wanted, the TJ experiment would have lasted only 3 years instead of 5. By benching him, like most here wanted, the TJ experiment dragged out to 5.

BTW, you are the one, not I, that brought the TJ subject back up. I merely responded to your post.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097588

You didn't have a problem when Favre did it & I don't believe you had a problem with it when TJ did it in the Bills game for a big play.

But if you want to still dwell on a jump pass from 5 years ago from one of his first games, go ahead.
    My point was there is an excuse for EVERYTHING regarding TJ. Yes, some things are fine, somethings happen. Some QB's improve over the course of 5 years, TJ didn't, but the excuses kept coming. I'm through trying to prove that TJ was garbage, we're moving on. My only point was there were excuses for EVERything, from the fans, AND the coaches. It is time to move on from the TJ era.
    And those same excuses were there for Favre. No one put the blame on everyone else but TJ, they merely pointed out that those other problems did exist. In fact, two years with Favre & they still exist.

Had we played TJ all of 2008, like I wanted, the TJ experiment would have lasted only 3 years instead of 5. By benching him, like most here wanted, the TJ experiment dragged out to 5.

BTW, you are the one, not I, that brought the TJ subject back up. I merely responded to your post.
    When were they there for Favre? He didn't need any excuses his first year and last year he was awful and (nearly) everyone admitted it. Favre sucked ass last year, so did the rest of our team. Big deal. Tjack always sucked.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1097589

When were they there for Favre? He didn't need any excuses his first year and last year he was awful and (nearly) everyone admitted it. Favre sucked ass last year, so did the rest of our team. Big deal. Tjack always sucked.
    You might want to gander at some of the first 2009 post game threads, as well as the Championship game thread.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

hardly comparable. I'll easillya dmit Favre played like crap last year, but I still have to hear the same from youa bout TJ. Even STILL, the excuses still come. Yes, Favre had hurt receivers all eyar, and was injured. That's not an excuse for throwing terrible balls, it's an excuse for a small percentage of plays. Other than that, it was mostly him. [quote]

[quote="Purple Floyd" #1096230]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096225

In the end they want a guy who CAN play like the 2009 Brett
    I don't. I want a QB who doesn't choke in the playoffs & throw the game away.

[quote="i_bleed_purple" #1097598]

hardly comparable. I'll easillya dmit Favre played like crap last year, but I still have to hear the same from youa bout TJ. Even STILL, the excuses still come. Yes, Favre had hurt receivers all eyar, and was injured. That's not an excuse for throwing terrible balls, it's an excuse for a small percentage of plays. Other than that, it was mostly him. I've said TJ's played like crap a lot of times. He played like crap in the Indy game, but there's no way you're going to convince me that Shianco's dropped pass in that game was TJ's fault.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097607
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097598

hardly comparable. I'll easillya dmit Favre played like crap last year, but I still have to hear the same from youa bout TJ. Even STILL, the excuses still come. Yes, Favre had hurt receivers all eyar, and was injured. That's not an excuse for throwing terrible balls, it's an excuse for a small percentage of plays. Other than that, it was mostly him.
    I've said TJ's played like crap a lot of times. He played like crap in the Indy game, but there's no way you're going to convince me that Shianco's dropped pass in that game was TJ's fault.
    You're hanging onto one or two small points. My overall point is he is crap, but the excuses for him keep coming.

If he catches that ball, does that all of a sudden make TJ a good QB? No.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097609
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1097607
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097598

hardly comparable. I'll easillya dmit Favre played like crap last year, but I still have to hear the same from youa bout TJ. Even STILL, the excuses still come. Yes, Favre had hurt receivers all eyar, and was injured. That's not an excuse for throwing terrible balls, it's an excuse for a small percentage of plays. Other than that, it was mostly him.
    I've said TJ's played like crap a lot of times. He played like crap in the Indy game, but there's no way you're going to convince me that Shianco's dropped pass in that game was TJ's fault.
    You're hanging onto one or two small points. My overall point is he is crap, but the excuses for him keep coming.

If he catches that ball, does that all of a sudden make TJ a good QB? No.
    Hey guys. I don't know if you've heard, but TJ is gone.
    Although I still believe he can QB in this league, I do not think in any way, shape, or form that TJ would be a good option in mentoring Ponder. IF, we are going to bring in a veteran QB, I hope it is someone that can keep Ponder on the bench for a year and not put us in the top 6 draft picks or it will be a long year. If what we pick up cannot keep us competitive, then screw it, let Ponder learn on his own and we get a high pick again next year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

[quote="singersp" #1097606]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096230

LOL. Favre was a monster during the playoffs. By your stupid logic we should dump AP because he fumbled the game away, as well as Harvin. So Favre threw a pick at the end of the game, we all know that. We wouldn't have been in that position if AP didn't fumble at the goal line and Harvin could hang onto the ball, and our idiot coach didn't take us out of field goal range with his brilliant time out substitution management. We also wouldn't have been in that position (with Favre) if a certain young QB hadn't been a total failure at being a good player.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="singersp" #1097606]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096230

Ha. Peterson fumbled and Childress mis coached that game away. Brett threw an INT trying to make up for both of them and he should have never been in the position to have to try to win the game like that.

OTOH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UvKrdafqY

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast