Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Vikings want veteran to compete w/ Ponder

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097221
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097220
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097212
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097209
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097194
    Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1097193

I think the game of football is all based on injuries... You look at the packers they lost some very valuable players to their team but I do see your point. We had 2 starting corners, 3 starting linemen, and our 2 best WRs out majority of the season and thats what killed us, being weak in those areas. Had the injuries not been isolated to just three positions, I don't think our season would have been that bad. The fact we had to resort to third/fourth stringers at the O-line, CB, and WR position is what ultimately killed us IMO.
    IMO it came down to two things. Turnovers and blocking.

Our line couldn't block a narrow dirt road with an overturned tractor trailer. Because of that, Favre had next to no time to do anything. He was having issues as it was, piss-poor blocking magnified them. Got him killed, and ultimately led us to stick out a rookie who's 'great' game would be considered marginal under any other circumstances.

That led to Peterson not havinga nywhere to run. I thought this year was by far Peterson's best season yet. Even though he only had about 1300 yards, probably 900 or 1000 of those yards were all him. He was running the hardest I've seen him run to date.

Fix the line, fix the interceptions, it's a whole different season. (See: Packers) THey were hurt by injuries, but they blocked much better, and controlled the ball well.
    Which line though?

Mac
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load

Mac
    Degeare
    Coop
    Cook
    Load

Or
    Mac
    Degear
    Sully
    Cook
    Load

Or
    any combination of OLmen that involved backups and not starters.
    Quite frankly, they both sucked.

in 2009 I think Load very well might have been our best lineman, and he played pretty well for a ROok. Sully was Sully, Herrerra was on and off (think he was hurt, no?), Hutch was off (was he hurt too?), Mac was Mac. None of them played very well, Our ability to get the ball out there through the air, and get our backs out there in space helped us look alot better than we were.

in 2010, I think everyone will admit our line was god-awful. doesn't matter who was in, it was just crap from day 1.
    Not everyone.

How about the Iggles game. They looked good protecting a QB that could move around.
    One swallow does not a summer make
    Nice!~

I think that you are both hitting on it. Was the OL play suspect, yes. What was it in particular that made it suspect (injury, execution, consistency).

Same at WR, Same in the secondary, same at QB. We will face some of this next year as well but IMO, not in 3 key areas which are vital to your team.

I will say that many of the off field distractions got to the team as well in '10. Sexting, New Stadium, Randy added, Randy deleted, Fire old Coach, New Interim Coach, Stadium Collapse, home games moved; I think the same guys with fewer distractions would equal more than 6 wins. Also we had a much tougher schedule last year as well.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1097224
    Also we had a much tougher schedule last year as well.
    worth noting our wins came against the Lions(14 pts), Cowboys(3pts), Cardinals(3pts), Redskins(4pts), Bills(24pts), Eagles(10pts)

We lost in dramatic fashion a number of times, and between 3 of the worst teams last year, we won by a total of 10 points.

Schedule really means nothing when we play that inconsistently.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097226
    worth noting our wins came against the Lions(14 pts), Cowboys(3pts), Cardinals(3pts), Redskins(4pts), Bills(24pts), Eagles(10pts)

We lost in dramatic fashion a number of times, and between 3 of the worst teams last year, we won by a total of 10 points.

Agreed all I am saying is that when you add up all the factors listed it equals a season to forget.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1097342
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097226

Agreed all I am saying is that when you add up all the factors listed it equals a season to forget.
    definitely agree with that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nice!~

I think that you are both hitting on it. Was the OL play suspect, yes. What was it in particular that made it suspect (injury, execution, consistency).

Same at WR, Same in the secondary, same at QB. We will face some of this next year as well but IMO, not in 3 key areas which are vital to your team.

I will say that many of the off field distractions got to the team as well in '10. Sexting, New Stadium, Randy added, Randy deleted, Fire old Coach, New Interim Coach, Stadium Collapse, home games moved; I think the same guys with fewer distractions would equal more than 6 wins. Also we had a much tougher schedule last year as well.
    I wasn't a big fan of the "Title" thing we used to have around here, but if we still had them, I would recommend to Webby that you get labled the PPO Voice of Reason.

Top shelf my friend. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1097345
    Nice!~

I wasn't a big fan of the "Title" thing we used to have around here, but if we still had them, I would recommend to Webby that you get labled the PPO Voice of Reason.

Top shelf my friend. B)
    I'm fairly sure they're still around, they just got reset when he updated the site.

Bungalow Bill is offline Waterboy

I think we should give Tarvaris Fox Jackson a chance.
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

We're bringing purple back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikes haven't even discussed V. Young

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43014816/ns/sports-player_news/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"