Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings Visit with Jay Cutler & DeAngelo Williams

i dont think cutler will be around, but williams would be awesome because im still not convinced that chester will do good

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Since we have several picks within the first 51, we could package a good deal to move up. Do not be surprised if this happens. I do not believe that we will keep the 17th pick. I see us moving up, especially if we are bringing these guys in for visits

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

I could definately accept a Jay cutler if we dont trade too much to get him
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

If they could package our first, second, and third (from Seattle) to get in a position to draft Cutler at 7-9, I think they would have to do it. He is a potential franchise QB and the Vikings already have decent depth everywhere else. Plus they would still have a second and third round pick to draft an LB and an OG!! I think Al Davis is likely to accept a trade like this even if it doesn't match up exactly w/ a value chart. His team needs a lot of help and this would give him 2 extra first day picks.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    If they could package our first, second, and third (from Seattle) to get in a position to draft Cutler at 7-9, I think they would have to do it. He is a potential franchise QB and the Vikings already have decent depth everywhere else. Plus they would still have a second and third round pick to draft an LB and an OG!! I think Al Davis is likely to accept a trade like this even if it doesn't match up exactly w/ a value chart. His team needs a lot of help and this would give him 2 extra first day picks.

Exactly...

That would leave us with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd still

We don't have too many needs..

Everyone always says QB.. O-lineman.. and LB

Just make a trade and use these 3 picks to fill those needs and get a nickleback or dimeback in the 4th round

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I would accept anything as long as were not putting ourselves in a deep hole.

They visited with Williams......maybe RB is still on the agenda in the 1st round.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]Vikings Roll Out Red Carpet [/size]

By: Viking Update Staff

Date: Apr 12, 2006

The Vikings have been mysterious about their intentions in free agency -- keeping the media effectively in the dark about who their interest is in. With 30 college players slated to visit Winter Park in the next week or so, that mystery seems to be carrying over.

The Vikings of Red McCombs vintage were known to be what some would call frugal and others would call downright cheap. When it came to cutting costs, nobody was better, and that tight grip on the purse strings extended to bringing in draft-eligible players to Winter Park.

In most years, the Vikings didn't bring in any players and, when they did (like bringing in DT Jimmy Kennedy the year they drafted Kevin Williams), it was merely a smokescreen.

That has obviously changed with the arrival of Zygi Wilf and Brad Childress. The Vikings are going to entertain as many as 30 college players prior to the draft. That process was in full swing yesterday when the team brought in Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler, Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams and Tennessee defensive back Jason Allen -- all of whom are likely to be drafted somewhere in the first round.

So what is the Vikings' angle? It's obvious that they have just one pick in the first round and a pair in the second. They aren't, for example, going to be able to get both Cutler and Williams. But they're bringing them both in to get an up-close-and-personal look. In many respects, the players' attitudes may be just as important as their measurables and on-field workouts. The Vikings are stressing character as much as playing ability with many of their recent signings and there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't put that same standard to the players they're drafting to be the building blocks of the team's future -- now and into the next decade.

While the glut of players coming in may be something of a surprise to Vikings fans who have become accustomed to seeing no college players visit and draftees claim they had no idea the Vikings were even interested in them. Those days, it would seem, are over. The Vikings are willing to spend to get to know these players and, as they build a new team in a new vision, they do so knowing that their excuses will be minimized if a pick goes sour.

Somewhere among those 30 players figures to be the Vikings' first-round draft pick (unless, of course, they don't have injury or character concerns with the player they really want). It's all part of the predraft dance. The job for the Sherlock Holmes in fans is figuring out which one. Many believe it might be one of the three that was visiting the team Tuesday.

Vikings Roll Out Red Carpet

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

stud_17 is offline Waterboy

Would it be smart to draft a running back in the draft considering we picked up Chester Taylor in free agency? Sure Taylor isn't proven at all, but every running back in the draft is unproven as well. I don't think it'd be wise to use one of our picks for a running back. Use our picks on positions where we have a real big question mark like at linebacker.

Early RB bad. We need to fill other positions (LB, QB) first.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12