Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings UDFA

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings UDFA

Yeah I just realized how thin we actually are. We have like 7 OL. Daniels seems like someone that may need a year or 2 to develop, but could turn into a solid back-up

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Wow I figured our depth wasn't that bad I wonder how 16 undrafted rookies decided we were the best option for them to make a roster?
    I think we brought in around 15 or 16 last year to.
    About the norm I think.

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-...k_arkee00.html

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-..._braden00.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://draftdaddy.com/features/2007_NFC_UDFA.cfm

Undrafted Free Agents:

Jeremy Burnett, DB, South Florida

Dan Mozes, OC, West Virginia

Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming

Brian Daniels, OL, Colorado

Alex Reyes, P, Texas Tech

Braden Jones, TE, Southern Illinois

Arkee Whitlock, RB, Southern Illinois

Dan Mozes, OC, West Virginia (Not 100% official)

Chase Johnson, OT, Wyoming

Josh Day, OL, Colorado State

Joe Anoai DT Georgia Tech

Sergio Gilliam CB Clemson

Some info on some

Tight End | Senior | Southern Illinois

Braden Jones
    Height: 6-31/8 | Weight: 260 | 40-Time: 4.59

Strengths:

Decent size and a solid build...Very athletic...Good timed speed...Solid hands...A good blocker who gives a nice effort...Is tough, physical and aggressive...Strong and a hard worker...Smart and instinctive..Versatile and could also be an H-Back.

Weaknesses:
    Has some major character concerns...Raw and is still learning the position...Needs to become a better route runner...Shorter than you would prefer...Does not really play as fast as he times...May be a long-term project..Likely a boom or bust type.

Notes:
    Began his college career at Northwestern as a linebacker and actually racked up 115 tackles in 2002 and 2003...While visiting his brother at Vanderbilt he got into a fight with another football player and suffered a brain bruise...Ran into trouble more than once while at Northwestern (ranging from battery to even a attempted robbery) and was eventually kicked off the team...Moved to tight end in '05 when he joined the Saluki's...Certainly has some physical tools to work with and would be an excellent developmental prospect but his off-the-field troubles will hurt him.

Offensive Tackle | Senior | Wyoming

Chase Johnson
    Height: 6-81/2 | Weight: 330 | 40-Time: 5.49
    Projected as a Midrounder
    Strengths:
    Has terrific size and a huge frame with long arms...Has a ton of experience...Was very durable...Stout at the point...Quick and moves well in a small space...Smart with good awareness...Pretty good pass blocker...Hard worker with a top motor.

Weaknesses:
    Isn't as physical or powerful as you'd think...Needs to get stronger...Might be too tall for his own good...Does not have very nimble feet...Can get beat outside by speed...He may not have a killer instinct...Range and mobility on pulls are limited.

Notes:
    A four-year starter at left tackle...Will more than likely project to the right side at the next level...A solid, no frills prospect who even though he may never be a star could develop into a better than average starter...Has the potential to be a steal.

Center | Senior | West Virginia

Dan Mozes
    Height: 6-25/8 | Weight: 293 | 40-Time: 5.36

Strengths:
    Smart with outstanding instincts and awareness...A hard worker and leader with outstanding intangibles...Tough and physical...Motor never stops...Nasty and has a killer instinct...Technically sound and does all the little things...He makes the line calls...Is versatile and can play more than one position...Has a ton of experience.

Weaknesses:
    Undersized and doesn't have the bulk you look for...Has short arms...Not a great athlete and lacks quickness...Struggles with massive tackles...Is not stout at the point and he gets pushed back...Does not get a great push in the run game...Has some health questions with his shoulders and hip so durability is a huge concern.

Notes:
    Started at guard early in his career before moving to center in 2005...Is not nearly the pro prospect that his college press clippings would lead you to believe and is a classic case of an All-American college football player who simply does not have the physical tools...The type you hate to doubt and he could secure a roster spot but at most he profiles as a backup in the pros...Winner of the Rimington Trophy.

Alex Reyes
    Height: 6-03/4 | Weight: 234 | 40-Time: 5.15

Strengths:
    Leg strength is excellent...Good size and bulk...Has a lot of experience...Had his best season by far as a senior in 2006...Not many blocks...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
    Raw and a bit of a project who will need to be developed...Inconsistent...Accuracy and placement come and go..He didn't kickoff in college...Relatively few attempts.

Notes:
    Was a four-year starter for the Red Raiders...Has a big leg and that will get him a look...The type who might need to bounce around and hone his game for a while.

Cornerback | Senior | Clemson

Sergio Gilliam
    Height: 6-3 | Weight: 185 | 40-Time: 4.55

Strengths:
    Has good size and bulk with long arms...A terrific natural athlete...Versatile and he might also be able to project to safety at the next level...He still has a decent amount of potential and the reason for his lack of playing time could have been the talent ahead of him like Justin Miller, Tye Hill, Duane Coleman, & C.J. Gaddis.

Weaknesses:
    Has very little starting experience (9 games)...Not overly tough or physical...Was not real productive...His technique and footwork are inconsistent...Work ethic has been questioned...A classic underachiever who doesn't play to his physical tools.

Notes:
    Led South Carolina in interceptions as a junior (13) and senior (10) and qualified for state meet in the 100m, 200m, high jump, and 4x100m relay as a prep...The type who could get a chance based on upside and his prototypical measurables.

Joe Anoai
    Height: 6-21/2 | Weight: 303 | 40-Time: 5.01

Strengths:
    A decent athlete with good quickness and speed...Has an outstanding motor...A solid pass rusher who can penetrate...Tough and a very hard worker...Versatile with experience at tackle and end...Loves the game...A team leader...Productive.

Weaknesses:
    Needs to get stronger...Is not overly stout at the point of attack...Size and bulk are just average...Can do a better job versus the run...Has a limited pass rush repertoire...Dealt with some injuries and durability is an issue...Not much upside.

Notes:
    He hails from a family of professional wrestlers in the WWE, including his brother ("Rosey") and cousin ("Rikishi")...Father ("Sika") and uncle ("Afa") wrestled as the "Wild Samoans" tag team...Cousin, Afa Anoai, plays football at Connecticut...Nice player whose best role may be as a backup or wave type...Possible 3-technique

Good post GG.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikings just picked up MLB, George Hall from Purdue. He played great in his first 3 years as a starter, but was injured in his senior season, even though he still managed to get 77 tackles. A fast linebacker, who is a great run-stopper.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

George Hall huh... Sounds promising, if anyone finds any scouting news about him post it here
    Maybe a huge sleeper?? More likely a huge hope from a vikings fan :-

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I love that we got Dan Mozes and I would not be shocked if he makes the roster.

"Freakout" wrote:
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco.../danmozes.html

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    Being from West Virginia and watching him play that breakdown doesn't do him justice

wv__viking__fan is offline Starter

"Freakout" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    Being from West Virginia and watching him play that breakdown doesn't do him justice
    Another Mountaineer here as well and I'm so excited that we signed Dan.
    I think he will get there and show his stuff.
    Dan will work his rear end off to make this team.
    He also received a offer from Denver.
    This news made my day.
    I can't wait to see how he does.
    Let s Go Mountaineers!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast