Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Vikings tried to move up!

We tried so people can stop complainin and watch Jackson turn into a star
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

howkings is offline Rookie

It's looks like we were trying to move up to get Cutler and not Leinert. It would have taken at least our first round and the first pick of the second to get up to the eighth slot as far as the trade value chart goes. From what I heard over the weekend they liked Cutlers arm.

coloradovikings is offline Training Camp

Then why did we not make that move? We had an extra end rounder also we made a deal to get a extra pick. to me that would have been the fit that we needed, Cutler would have had a season under Johnson to get ready.

My issue with the QB we drafted is that he is going to be a project! There is no way in he*l that by 2007 he will be ready to go. also will they continue with Schaub? (spelling) My best guess is Jackson is 2 year if not 3 years away! I hope that I am wrong on this..

IS THAT BETTER!!!!!

howkings is offline Rookie

"coloradovikings" wrote:
    Then why did we not make that move? We had an extra end rounder also we made a deal to get a extra pick. to me that would have been the fit that we needed, Cutler would have had a season under Johnson to get ready.

My issue with the QB we drafted is that he is going to be a project! There is no way in he*l that by 2007 he will be ready to go. also will they continue with Schaub? (spelling) My best guess is Jackson is 2 year if not 3 years away! I hope that I am wrong on this..
    Buffalo nixed all trades for the eighth pick. It was reported that the Eagles tried to trade up for the pick but the Bills nixed that trade also. The Bills were so high on Donte Whitner that they viewed any trade down might hurt their chances of getting him. They thought Detroit had an interest in him after Huff was off the board.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am glad we got Greenway, but if we were going to bundle picks to move up for a QB, I would have went for Cutler also instead of Jackson.

If they wanted a QB and they had the picks they should have been able to get the pick Denver used to draft him. In the end we will probably do better with Greenway as our #1 but that third round trade will hurt our depth and might have cost us a future starter. There was still alot of talent on the board when those picks came around.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    I did not want lienart, I think he is going to be more into show business and not a team leader that we need
    Leinert needed to stay on the west coast, so he could be with Nick Lachey. I doubt he will be playing too much, and I say he will be out of the NFL in 5 years.

revprodeji is offline Starter

How do we know it was leinart they wanted? With the 8th it might have been someone else. Childress seems to love taravis. Im glad we got greenway
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

coloradovikings is offline Training Camp

"howkings" wrote:
    "coloradovikings" wrote:

Buffalo nixed all trades for the eighth pick. It was reported that the Eagles tried to trade up for the pick but the Bills nixed that trade also. The Bills were so high on Donte Whitner that they viewed any trade down might hurt their chances of getting him. They thought Detroit had an interest in him after Huff was off the board.
    Whitner was not supposed to be a top ten pick yet top 20! Again with the picks that we had why did we not call team 9 and 10 then?

IS THAT BETTER!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Haha coloradovikings.. why did you steal Magicci's sig? What is up with these people just taking sigs?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"coloradovikings" wrote:
    "howkings" wrote:
    "coloradovikings" wrote:

Whitner was not supposed to be a top ten pick yet top 20! Again with the picks that we had why did we not call team 9 and 10 then?
    The Bills and Rams were our only chances to move up. Detroit was not going to let Sims get by them, already seeing Huff off of the board. There was also no way The Cardinals were going to let Leinart get past them and that was a smart move on their part because if they had traded down Leinart would be a Bronco and not a Cardinal.

As far as the Bills go they were just being stubborn and refused to deal at all. I'm guessing we talked to the Rams too but the Broncos offered them more...how I do not know. It seemed as if the Broncos were planning to trade up all along if Cutler made it past 10.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast