Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Vikings trade 30th pick for 34th, a 4th,and a 7th

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    I agree. It was a little frustrating to stay up that late and then they trade away the pick. However, it was a great move imo. At least one of the QBs wil be there and so should Mays or Safford. Either one of these 4 I would be happy with. Also, there are other QBs that will be available even if Clausen and McCoy aren't. As an FYI, they didn't discount trading the #34 either if the price was right from what I understand.
    I was frustrated also. Staying up late and we don't do anything. The 7th rounder we picked up is not likely to have a shot at a roster spot and isn't worth much aas far as a move up trade. I am not one who thought we should trade up for Clausen, but when a player of that caliber drops that far it would seem beneficial to draft him. Personally, I think it would have been easy to move up and grab a corner or OL who would have had a chance to make an impact this year. As has been stated many times in various threads, there are not too many roster spots available for next season anyway.
    The 7th rounder isn't for picking, its for packaging.

Second pick today, followed by a late pick in the second. Package that late pick with your 7th and you could move up again.

Or you could package it with your "Higher" fourth and move up into the 3rd.

Again, not for picking, its for packaging.
    that's what I meant by a move up trade, I just did not state it well. The morning mountain dew has not kicked in yet. 7th rounders are not worth a hell of a lot in package deals are they?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marshallvike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    I agree. It was a little frustrating to stay up that late and then they trade away the pick. However, it was a great move imo. At least one of the QBs wil be there and so should Mays or Safford. Either one of these 4 I would be happy with. Also, there are other QBs that will be available even if Clausen and McCoy aren't. As an FYI, they didn't discount trading the #34 either if the price was right from what I understand.
    I was frustrated also. Staying up late and we don't do anything. The 7th rounder we picked up is not likely to have a shot at a roster spot and isn't worth much aas far as a move up trade. I am not one who thought we should trade up for Clausen, but when a player of that caliber drops that far it would seem beneficial to draft him. Personally, I think it would have been easy to move up and grab a corner or OL who would have had a chance to make an impact this year. As has been stated many times in various threads, there are not too many roster spots available for next season anyway.
    The 7th rounder isn't for picking, its for packaging.

Second pick today, followed by a late pick in the second. Package that late pick with your 7th and you could move up again.

Or you could package it with your "Higher" fourth and move up into the 3rd.

Again, not for picking, its for packaging.
    that's what I meant by a move up trade, I just did not state it well. The morning mountain dew has not kicked in yet. 7th rounders are not worth a hell of a lot in package deals are they?
    It depends on when you use them. Surely they aren't worth enough to help you move up in the first round but when you look at how small the number is between, say 3rd round picks, they can come in handy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

For some reason this is how I picture Spielman in the war room:

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    Move probably disappointed alot of people, however, I liked it.

Even if they wanted someone like Clausen at 30, he will still be there with the 34th pick as the only ones ahead of them is the Rams and they surely aren't gonna take another QB.
    Don't forget about Ceveland & Seattle, they can trade up with Stl. and jump over us. I think that Spielman likes McCoy and I think he will be there. If someone jumps us it is to get Clausen so we get the guy we want and got a fourth. That was one scenario that I thought would play out. I liked it also!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Even if they wanted someone like Clausen at 30, he will still be there with the 34th pick as the only ones ahead of them is the Rams and they surely aren't gonna take another QB.
    Don't forget about Ceveland & Seattle, they can trade up with Stl. and jump over us. I think that Spielman likes McCoy and I think he will be there. If someone jumps us it is to get Clausen so we get the guy we want and got a fourth. That was one scenario that I thought would play out. I liked it also!
    Didn't we swap a 4th in the trade?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

marshallvike wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I am not sure but I thought we got a fourth, if we just swapped picks that is a sucky trade!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I am not sure but I thought we got a fourth, if we just swapped picks that is a sucky trade!!!
    I believe we moved up from 128th(now Det) to 100th pick(now Vikes)

Basically for dropping back only 4 spots, the vikes jumped from 128 to 100 in the 4th and got a 7th. Good move if your target is still going to be there 4 picks later.
    How bout you sideburns.. You want somma this milk??

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

tarkenton10 wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

We swapped fourths and got a 7th. Moving up from after 30th pick in the 4th to 2nd

Texas_Viking wrote:
    Basically for dropping back only 4 spots, the vikes jumped from 128 to 100 in the 4th and got a 7th. Good move if your target is still going to be there 4 picks later.

Or we could have given up our 4th or possibly 5th to move up a few spots and grabbed a D Williams, McCourty , Wilson....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast