Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    mckinnie is a stud, stop hating
    Yeah...
    Big Mac is a stud much like Daunte is a future HOFer.

    :

  2. #12
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    mckinnie is a stud, stop hating
    Yeah...
    Big Mac is a stud much like Daunte is a future HOFer.

    :
    Big mac is a good tackle... and he should improve when he has to practice against Allen

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    "erik5032" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    mckinnie is a stud, stop hating
    Yeah...
    Big Mac is a stud much like Daunte is a future HOFer.

    :
    Big mac is a good tackle... and he should improve when he has to practice against Allen
    I know I seem to be on a soapbox here, but if Big Mac was gonna get any better he would have done it already.
    He is a professional football player who hasn't played to his potential because of something.
    I'm not sure what that something is, call it drive, desire, passion, whatever, but he hasn't shown me that he wants to be anything but just good enough to get a check.


    Practicing against Allen will help him refine his skills a bit, but don't you think he should have already refined those skills by being coached and playing against/getting beat by some of the best DE's in the league already over the years.

    My guess is he won't ever get to that potential unless you has a rude wake up call and gives up the crap that is keeping him down (whatever that is) both on a personal and professional level.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    i partially agree with you, but to be fair, who has McKinney had to practice against?
    Erasmus James?
    Robison/Edwards?
    probably the best RE he's had to line up against in practice was Lance Johnstone.
    None of them are top tier DE's like Allen is.
    There is always room for improvement, and when you practice against the best DE in the league every day, you get better.
    Sure he got beat many times by elite DE's, but they haven't had anyone in practice who could duplicate what some ends did to him in games, so its hard for him to get better that way. There are very few players in the league who as good as they can ever be, McKinney is not one of them.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i partially agree with you, but to be fair, who has McKinney had to practice against?

    Erasmus James?
    Robison/Edwards?
    probably the best RE he's had to line up against in practice was Lance Johnstone.
    None of them are top tier DE's like Allen is.

    There is always room for improvement, and when you practice against the best DE in the league every day, you get better.
    Sure he got beat many times by elite DE's, but they haven't had anyone in practice who could duplicate what some ends did to him in games, so its hard for him to get better that way. There are very few players in the league who as good as they can ever be, McKinney is not one of them.
    He has had the luxury of facing alot of good DE's over the years.
    You would think that would have helped.
    Nope, I still say it is all based on his lack of drive/passion.

    He has all the potential.
    Just hasn't lived up to it.
    Maybe JA will bring it out in him.
    Maybe the latest incident with wake him up.
    What ever it is, all we can do is hope.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

    I would tend to agree with Marr on this one. If he was going to do anything more than he has in his career, it would have already happened. I say that with one qualifier. As we all know, players are naturally and mentally better performers in some systems than they are in others. I don't remember too many problems with him under the old regime but he seems to be struggling to find his rhythm in this one. That may be due to his desire or it may just be that he isn't a good fit for this offense either physically or mentally. If that is the case, he more than likely will never be any better than he is right now, which isn't terrible, but also isn't his full potential.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Team Report 10/28/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM
  2. Vikings Team Report 07/18/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:21 AM
  3. Vikings Team Report 06/13/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 07:15 AM
  4. Vikings Team Report 04/21/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
  5. Vikings Team Report 04/14/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 06:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •