Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

[size=13pt]Vikings Team Report[/size]

Yahoo! Sports

1 hour, 46 minutes ago

Vikings coach Brad Childress said in the weeks leading up to training camp that starting left defensive end Ray Edwards would be ready to go despite a back injury that sidelined him for the team’s three-day minicamp in June....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Team Report 07/28/08

Some good little nuggets in there my friend.
    Thanks.

Behind them the battle will include Rufus Alexander, Erin Henderson, David Herron and J Leman.
    If what our PPO scouts are telling us is true (Rufus is limping), maybe the knee isn't 100% and that might give Erin a chance to beat him out.
    It also speaks volumes about how lucky we were that Chad came back as early and as healthy as he did. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

DE Jared Allen put a move on OT Bryant McKinnie in one-on-one drills during the first day of practice that left the big left tackle wondering what had happened. McKinnie rebounded to win the battle the very next time around.
    hopefully having Allen opposite him in practice will wake McKinnie up and challenge him to make more of an effort and thereby improve his game.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    DE Jared Allen put a move on OT Bryant McKinnie in one-on-one drills during the first day of practice that left the big left tackle wondering what had happened. McKinnie rebounded to win the battle the very next time around.
    hopefully having Allen opposite him in practice will wake McKinnie up and challenge him to make more of an effort and thereby improve his game.
    I'm sorry my friend but that would mean he wasn't giving us his all up to this point.
    Again, I think we have seen his best and that just isn't good enough in my book.

Time to start looking/making long term plans for a replacement in a year or two if that is the case.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I'm sorry my friend but that would mean he wasn't giving us his all up to this point.
    Again, I think we have seen his best and that just isn't good enough in my book.

Time to start looking/making long term plans for a replacement in a year or two if that is the case.
    Mar, i'll have to disagree with ya here.

i think we've seen what a highly paid, over ego'd child who now is realizing how easy he can loose his mountain of power/money.

I hope this is the motivating factor that puts him into that top gear and he comes out this year with real determination and full on commanding his position!!

i'll eat crow if i must. but i say he has a top tier year and we'll be glad he's on that line!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

very possible we will have to.. I think he's got by a lot based on the rep he had coming out of Miami and that has given him more playing time than has been earnt on his pro performance.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"digital420" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

Mar, i'll have to disagree with ya here.

i think we've seen what a highly paid, over ego'd child who now is realizing how easy he can loose his mountain of power/money.I hope this is the motivating factor that puts him into that top gear and he comes out this year with real determination and full on commanding his position!!

i'll eat crow if i must. but i say he has a top tier year and we'll be glad he's on that line!

DiGiTaL
    Don't worry my friend, you might be right as well in that regard.

Come to think of it, the staff did give him a big contract that still has alot left on it.
    Maybe they are seeing it the way you are seeing it.

If I had my way, you would be right and I would be wrong.
    ;D

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

mckinnie is a stud, stop hating
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    People WILL stop hating when McKinnie starts living up to his hype (and contract) and starts DOMINATING defensive ends.
    Meanwhile, he also needs to stop doing stupid shit in the offseason.
    Right now, he is somewhat deserving of the hate...to think otherwise is just to make excuses for his poor behavior and mediocre performance.
    Doing so will not force him to get better.
    Once he gets it right, all the praise and rewards will come to him, deservedly so.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Are you honestly trying to tell me that Big Mac is/has played up to his potential the last 2 or 3 years?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast