Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    alberta_vike is offline Starter

Re: Vikings | Team may visit with Scott

DE, is not a first necessity on our team. We need safety's, and something needs to be done with the QB situation. I understand that we are looking at the draft which is fine, but we need a QB that can come in and play right away, in case BJ goes down with a injury..

We also need O-Line help much worse then we need another DE. The vikes better get it going, and stop playing games. Now I don't have to have all the top fa's come here and sign, but it would be nice to sign a big name player other then Ryan Longwell, and our own Koren Robinson. If they knew that this Hutch deal was going to play out like this, then they really had no business making the offer. I am all for getting Hutch, but if this deal falls through, we just lost out on alot of fa's that could have helped our team. That could be the difference between making the SB, and not even making the Playoffs..
    QB will be adressed in the draft I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get another veteran who comes cheap.

Safety is a position that is being looked at, as both Dexter Jackson and Will Demps were scheduled to visit, but signed with other teams.

The O-Line is looking pretty good in my opinion, if Hutchinson is signed that is. McKinnie, Hutchinson, and Birk make an amazing left side, Marcus Johnson I believe will have a solid year at right tackle, and whether it is Herrera, Liwienski, or Goldberg, the left guard position does not look that bad.

As far as this Scott guy is concerned, keep in mind we do need backup players, I'm sure he isn't being looked at as a starter, but probabaly a situational pass rusher to replace Johnstone. He is 6-1, 260, and has had 14.5 sacks in 4 seasons. He seems to fit the mold for a situational pass rusher, and will be cheaper and younger than Johnstone.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Alright although I don't really agree with this move i'm not gonna critisize it..

If the F.O thinks it will help build a championship team im all for it.. It's thier jobs to watch players and everything..

But it seems like we are picking up a bunch of back ups and average players

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    yeah but we dont need any no name DE's
    It might just be a player that challenges guys like spencer johnson for a roster spot... nothing to get too concerned about IMO

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

HE might be a good pick up since we are probaly going to lose Lance Johnstone

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

We can use him for depth and he's cheap. I'd rather re-sign Lance. I guy that gets a sack about 1 out of every 7 or 8 plays. I don't know how accurate that is but he does get alot considering his amount of playing time.

"mogwai" wrote:
    wilf offered 49 mil. to hutch. not cheap at all.waiting on this arbitration deal is keeping them from spending more.they have to know how much money they have to play with before they can spend it..
    I agree, Wilf isn't a cheap, but i don't understand why we are going after a DE, I am pretty sure we need a LB or OL more than a DE!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

You can never have enough DE's
    Vikings mission to conquer other Land, Steeler Country, Raider Nation &...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12