Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings targeting specific QB at 12

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1094922
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094919
    Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1094915
    So were targeting either Mallett Locker or Gabbert, I would assume, with Newton already gone. I don't know what to believe right now. All 3 could potentially be worthy of that #12 overall spot. All 3 have knocks.

Gabbert - Only 16 TDs last year, and didn't play in a pro style offense. Are teams currently talking him up because they really covet someone else?

Locker - Not from a pro style system, but certainly has the athletic ability, maybe more of a developmental project than the other guys. A lot of buzz both good and bad about this kid. Very interested in where he winds up.

Mallett - How much of the whirlwind that surrounds Mallett is true and how much is being spread by teams that want him to fall to them?

Who has actually gone on record to say Ryan Mallett did something that's a legitimate concern? The kid did 'drugs' in college, stop the presses. All we know for sure is the he can fucking sling the pig skin.

Again interesting to say the least to see where Mallett goes in the draft.
    Hey JJ. How ya been.

I actually don't think this staff is interested in Mallet at all especially when you look back at history and see what kinds of QB's Musgrove has either had under his tutelage as a QB coach or O-coord.
    Pretty good, been busy with school and coop. It's turkey season in Ontario though so I plan to get out, and get a bird, in my week between coop and going back to school. How about you?

But also on more important matters.. What character issues with Mallett? Point me to one instance that leads you to think he's a questionable character. Team-mates and coaches repeatedly stand up for him. Only negative i've heard is 'drugs' and questionable character relating to 'drugs'.

If I'm working for an NFL team and this kid is the most talented QB coming out of the draft. I'm finding out exactly what drugs Mallett did and how often. It's all just word of mouth up until that point.

Without that knowledge we can't really put a fair label on him. Didn't Percy Harvin fail a drug test at the combine?
    I went one weekend (turkey hunting) and had 4 hot gobbling. I think they were jakes who went to the opposite field (about 100 yards through the trees) from the field I set up on.

My issue with Mallet is his feet, not his off the field stuff. Absolutely love his arm.

I watched something on NFLN a few weeks back that layed out what defenses were gearing up to do to stop the spread offenses as they start to spew forth into the league.

During a few of his collegiate games, late, when they needed the QB to make playes, teams got after him and he melted down. At the next level, they bring the heat like that all the time.

In short, a slow footed, pure pocket passer won't last long my friend. Doesn't matter how good his arm is or how well liked he is by his team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Find a way to get McFlabb and wait til next year to draft a QB or take one in the 4th round or later. As someone already pointed out, Adam Kaplain sounded very sure about the interest in Nathan Enderle and that would be fine.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1094941
    Find a way to get McFlabb and wait til next year to draft a QB or take one in the 4th round or later. As someone already pointed out, Adam Kaplain sounded very sure about the interest in Nathan Enderle and that would be fine.
    Tyrod Taylor could fit in around the 4th or later as well Pat Kirwan was interested in him around the area, he thought he was similar to Webb but better

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    In short, a slow footed, pure pocket passer won't last long my friend. Doesn't matter how good his arm is or how well liked he is by his team.
    Well, that pretty much boils it down to stanzi then.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

I don't care if we do not draft one this year. From whay i remember, before the combine, the talk was that there was no franchise QB's this draft. Gabbert was the best of the class. Newton had the most upside. No one else was ready. Now a couple of months later, Newton, and Gabbert are franchise, 6-8 QB;s could end up being starters? No draft is ever that good. We need to remember how they played AGAINST COMPETITION, not how they played in their pro days or at the combine. Wait until there is a REAL QB coming out.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094944
    I don't care if we do not draft one this year. From whay i remember, before the combine, the talk was that there was no franchise QB's this draft. Gabbert was the best of the class. Newton had the most upside. No one else was ready. Now a couple of months later, Newton, and Gabbert are franchise, 6-8 QB;s could end up being starters? No draft is ever that good. We need to remember how they played AGAINST COMPETITION, not how they played in their pro days or at the combine. Wait until there is a REAL QB coming out.
    I do find it amusing how the stock of QB's goes up and down for really no reason during the runup to the draft. In the end the media hacks have to make bold predictions in order to try to hit paydirt with a pick nobody else saw coming.

I often wonder if some college athletes have under the table agreements with some of the analysts to trump them up prior to the draft in exchange for some payola if they are drafted at a particular spot or higher.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094947
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094944
    I do find it amusing how the stock of QB's goes up and down for really no reason during the runup to the draft. In the end the media hacks have to make bold predictions in order to try to hit paydirt with a pick nobody else saw coming.

I often wonder if some college athletes have under the table agreements with some of the analysts to trump them up prior to the draft in exchange for some payola if they are drafted at a particular spot or higher.
    I'm sure in the past maybe, but currently I highly doubt it. With all the scrutiny teams and players have come under for working with agents, etc. There's a very good chance they get caught doing this.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094938
    So were targeting either Mallett Locker or Gabbert, I would assume, with Newton already gone. I don't know what to believe right now. All 3 could potentially be worthy of that #12 overall spot. All 3 have knocks.

Gabbert - Only 16 TDs last year, and didn't play in a pro style offense. Are teams currently talking him up because they really covet someone else?

Locker - Not from a pro style system, but certainly has the athletic ability, maybe more of a developmental project than the other guys. A lot of buzz both good and bad about this kid. Very interested in where he winds up.

Mallett - How much of the whirlwind that surrounds Mallett is true and how much is being spread by teams that want him to fall to them?

Who has actually gone on record to say Ryan Mallett did something that's a legitimate concern? The kid did 'drugs' in college, stop the presses. All we know for sure is the he can fucking sling the pig skin.

Hey JJ. How ya been.

I actually don't think this staff is interested in Mallet at all especially when you look back at history and see what kinds of QB's Musgrove has either had under his tutelage as a QB coach or O-coord.
    Pretty good, been busy with school and coop. It's turkey season in Ontario though so I plan to get out, and get a bird, in my week between coop and going back to school. How about you?

But also on more important matters.. What character issues with Mallett? Point me to one instance that leads you to think he's a questionable character. Team-mates and coaches repeatedly stand up for him. Only negative i've heard is 'drugs' and questionable character relating to 'drugs'.

If I'm working for an NFL team and this kid is the most talented QB coming out of the draft. I'm finding out exactly what drugs Mallett did and how often. It's all just word of mouth up until that point.

Without that knowledge we can't really put a fair label on him. Didn't Percy Harvin fail a drug test at the combine?
    I went one weekend (turkey hunting) and had 4 hot gobbling. I think they were jakes who went to the opposite field (about 100 yards through the trees) from the field I set up on.

My issue with Mallet is his feet, not his off the field stuff. Absolutely love his arm.

I watched something on NFLN a few weeks back that layed out what defenses were gearing up to do to stop the spread offenses as they start to spew forth into the league.

During a few of his collegiate games, late, when they needed the QB to make playes, teams got after him and he melted down. At the next level, they bring the heat like that all the time.

Tom Brady is a slow footed, pure pocket passer. Brady seemed to have worked out nicely in the NFL. :whistle:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "PackSux!" #1094991

Hey JJ. How ya been.

Tom Brady is a slow footed, pure pocket passer. Brady seemed to have worked out nicely in the NFL. :whistle:
    Don't bother arguing with him. He has his opinion he will defend to the death.

I have to say it's the most rediculous statement I've heard on this board.

The days of a pocket passer are dead? LMAO!!

Runners get hit and hurt WAY more often than passers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095000
    Quote Originally Posted by "PackSux!" #1094991

Hey JJ. How ya been.

Don't bother arguing with him. He has his opinion he will defend to the death.

I have to say it's the most rediculous statement I've heard on this board.

The days of a pocket passer are dead? LMAO!!

Runners get hit and hurt WAY more often than passers.
    Boggles the mind.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast