Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings target own free agents

it's a real task trying to take someone with amazing talent (required to play in the NFL), and the drive to be competitive, and ask them to ... ride the pine.. and do so with them being happy.

I believe we're gonna loose 2 of the FA's. and have to fight a bit for 1-2 more.

i'd even bet that DT gets pushed to stay, but will leave in a bidding war not just of $$.. but of playing time.

Memo... has always been a good fill in, he lost a few steps in the games where he had to shoulder all the load, but he's a very comfortable fill in. and most likely he'll be gone.. he had a long stint here, and we're greatful for the effort. he's a great PR, and a crafty RB that just didn't have the frame for the full time load.

as for the Safties.. i'm sure we'll end up holding onto either doss or tank.
    i think Doss has the edge on that. but that's opionin.

watch for draftee's to start taking on more and more game time, and our roster to continue to be fluid from starters to benchers.
    and i'm sure we loose a player here and there.. but i don't mind as long as we don't loose coaches!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"digital420" wrote:
    it's a real task trying to take someone with amazing talent (required to play in the NFL), and the drive to be competitive, and ask them to ... ride the pine.. and do so with them being happy.

I believe we're gonna loose 2 of the FA's. and have to fight a bit for 1-2 more.

i'd even bet that DT gets pushed to stay, but will leave in a bidding war not just of $$.. but of playing time.

Memo... has always been a good fill in, he lost a few steps in the games where he had to shoulder all the load, but he's a very comfortable fill in. and most likely he'll be gone.. he had a long stint here, and we're greatful for the effort. he's a great PR, and a crafty RB that just didn't have the frame for the full time load.

as for the Safties.. i'm sure we'll end up holding onto either doss or tank.
    i think Doss has the edge on that. but that's opionin.

watch for draftee's to start taking on more and more game time, and our roster to continue to be fluid from starters to benchers.
    and i'm sure we loose a player here and there.. but i don't mind as long as we don't loose coaches!!!

DiGiTaL
    Very nice post my friend.
    Just one comment.

I'm not so sure that the term "Starter" is that big a deal anymore because of how specialized the game has become, by anyone other than fans.
    Almost every player (except OL and Backup QB's) see's the field every game and in most cases a backup guy starts over a "Starter" depending on the strengths/weaknesses the oposing team has.

Truth be told, I think the term "Starter" really only applies anymore if the player is dumb enough to work that in as a incentive in his contract.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Keeping TR is a no-brainer. I hope to see Mewelde traded. I am also sure that the 'Vikes are going to take a long look at UFA Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. How cool would that pickup be? Just the pass rusher the team needs. In fact, I am predicting that the 'Vikes sign Odom in free agency.
    I see it, clear as day.
    Tuco the world.....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Keeping TR is a no-brainer. I hope to see Mewelde traded. I am also sure that the 'Vikes are going to take a long look at UFA Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. How cool would that pickup be? Just the pass rusher the team needs. In fact, I am predicting that the 'Vikes sign Odom in free agency.
    I see it, clear as day.
    I'll bet you $100 Memo won't be traded this offseason..............

he's a FA.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    I see it, clear as day.
    I'll bet you $100 Memo won't be traded this offseason..............

he's a FA.
    You mean you can't trade a FA?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123