Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Keep Moore, trade CT.
    That is not a popular idea, but I think it makes sense.
    CT's value is still quite high and that would make some sense...

    However, there IS something with Moore where i don't see him staying.

    It's like has been in the doghouse with all of our coaches... he has had people brought in to play ahead of him, so the organization hasn't exactly voiced confidence in him.
    Granted, I believe he has had his shots and gotten hurt, etc... but I just don't see him staying.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Keep Moore, trade CT.
    That is not a popular idea, but I think it makes sense.
    CT's value is still quite high and that would make some sense...

    However, there IS something with Moore where i don't see him staying.

    It's like has been in the doghouse with all of our coaches... he has had people brought in to play ahead of him, so the organization hasn't exactly voiced confidence in him.
    Granted, I believe he has had his shots and gotten hurt, etc... but I just don't see him staying.
    This line of comments will surely bring my good friend Singer out in defense of Memo, however, .......

    Memo's biggest problem is that he isn't very good in the area of picking up the blitz.
    Google Memo's name, Tice's name and the word blitz and blocking and you will find alot of comments from Coach Tice on this very same subject.

    Don't get me wrong, I really like Memo, but if you ask, that is the answer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't see Moore coming back.
    DT is 50/50.

    We' be dumb to let Farwell go, he's a great Special Teams player.

    Richardson is also worth keeping for the short term...
    Couldn't agree more.

    DT will probably get overpaid by somebody and will leave... unfortunately we'd lose our backup at every position.... I actually think he's vastly more important than most of us realize...
    Two things.......

    1.
    Believe it or not that is a good sign.
    It means your team is not only starting to get talented starters but your depth behind them is starter material. Those guys will almost always leave in FA if the starter ahead of them is gonna be around for a while.

    2.
    It is also the reason you will see this staff draft players at positions that will leave some of us scratching our head.
    If they do the right thing they will draft 2 replacements for depth players that are/could leave (I.e DT, S, FB etc) and stay away from the sexy positions (WR, TE, OL) that alot of casual football enthusiasts always make thier draft requests for.

    Again, its the nature of the beast for first contract vets acting as backups to test the FA market.
    The better ones will get signed by thier teams, the next group might or might not get contract offers and come back but the ones who want to start and make a big cash payout will go.

    Long story short, if a team drafts wisely and replaces these guys with quality rooks then we shouldn't see to much of a drop off in production when the backups are in tne the team will always have bright young talent sitting in the wings when one of the starters leaves via retirement or when his productivity drops off.

    By the rankings of our passing game and our pass defense I think it is safe to say that many of our starters are not even starter material yet which stands to figure our depth at those positions is not too great. ;D ;D ;D ;D

    We have depth at RB.

    We have no depth at QB

    We have no proven depth at WR ( Potential yet, but it is only potential until they prove otherwise)

    We have very little at TE in terms of passing production. For blocking at TE we can hold our own.

    We have no depth at O-line and there are starters who are not doing enough in the passing game.





    We have depth but not much quality in the secondary. I know people will get riled at that statement














    but we have been toasted in the secondary for the better part of the last decade or more and there is no sign of that getting better let alone having quality depth.

    Our LB corps should be OK but I am not sure how much quality we have in the reserves.

    The D-line is pretty solid in the middle and the backups looked pretty good if they stick around and stay out of jail but our DE end position needs to be stronger. I like the young guys they brought in the last few years and hopefully they can become a strong unit. ;D ;D


  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't see Moore coming back.
    DT is 50/50.

    We' be dumb to let Farwell go, he's a great Special Teams player.

    Richardson is also worth keeping for the short term...
    Couldn't agree more.

    DT will probably get overpaid by somebody and will leave... unfortunately we'd lose our backup at every position.... I actually think he's vastly more important than most of us realize...
    Two things.......

    1.
    Believe it or not that is a good sign.
    It means your team is not only starting to get talented starters but your depth behind them is starter material. Those guys will almost always leave in FA if the starter ahead of them is gonna be around for a while.

    2.
    It is also the reason you will see this staff draft players at positions that will leave some of us scratching our head.
    If they do the right thing they will draft 2 replacements for depth players that are/could leave (I.e DT, S, FB etc) and stay away from the sexy positions (WR, TE, OL) that alot of casual football enthusiasts always make thier draft requests for.

    Again, its the nature of the beast for first contract vets acting as backups to test the FA market.
    The better ones will get signed by thier teams, the next group might or might not get contract offers and come back but the ones who want to start and make a big cash payout will go.

    Long story short, if a team drafts wisely and replaces these guys with quality rooks then we shouldn't see to much of a drop off in production when the backups are in tne the team will always have bright young talent sitting in the wings when one of the starters leaves via retirement or when his productivity drops off.

    By the rankings of our passing game and our pass defense I think it is safe to say that many of our starters are not even starter material yet which stands to figure our depth at those positions is not too great. ;D ;D ;D ;D

    We have depth at RB.

    We have no depth at QB

    We have no proven depth at WR ( Potential yet, but it is only potential until they prove otherwise)

    We have very little at TE in terms of passing production. For blocking at TE we can hold our own.

    We have no depth at O-line and there are starters who are not doing enough in the passing game.





    We have depth but not much quality in the secondary. I know people will get riled at that statement















    but we have been toasted in the secondary for the better part of the last decade or more and there is no sign of that getting better let alone having quality depth.

    Our LB corps should be OK but I am not sure how much quality we have in the reserves.

    The D-line is pretty solid in the middle and the backups looked pretty good if they stick around and stay out of jail but our DE end position needs to be stronger. I like the young guys they brought in the last few years and hopefully they can become a strong unit. ;D ;D
    I guess that we differ with respect to a few positions (i.e. TE, OL, CB).

    I think we have good depth at those positions although they are all a bit raw and still are in the developmental stages in most areas.

    At QB we do have depth but not quality.
    TJ will be fine as a starter next year regardless of what everyone else thinks and BB could come in and win a few games but a better backup option is desirable in my book.

    OL will be fine next year with Dan coming back to act as Birks backup and swing man.
    Cook will continue to get better and the line as a whole will improve if for no other reason as they have gotten time getting used to the scheme, what is expected of them as well as getting comfortable playing next to each other.

    DT and S we are thin at if for no other reason than that we are gonna loose backup(s) in FA that won't come back (Spencer, Doss, Tank).

    I think the biggest difference between what you see and what I see is the fact that I am comfortable with the progress of some of our rooks and thier anticipated play next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I think the biggest difference between what you see and what I see is the fact that I am comfortable with the progress of some of our rooks and thier anticipated play next year.
    Yeah, you hit that one dead on...

    Plus we can't forget about Marcus Johnson, as much as he DID NOT develop last year, he still had to have some talent to be a 2nd round pick.... and I don't remember if he was supposed to be a G or T originally.
    Either way, he's depth... particularly when you look at the fact that there is not a HUGE drop off in playing from those starting to those warming the bench right now...

    I'm not saying it's a good thing but that is somewhat reassuring...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  6. #16
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    Like a lot of others, i don't see Memo staying...id love it if he stayed with us, but he'll pursue a team where he can play more.
    I really believe he is underrated, and could start somewhere else.
    Just from watching him play, when AD has been out or another back has been out, when he's in for a game or 2, he really steps in and fill their shoes well, im not saying he's as good as AD, but im saying that everytime this guy is in because of injury to others, he always does well, and i think, even when players aren't hurt, he, most of the time, does a very good job running the football, like we saw in the beginning of the broncos game when AD didn't get the start. Again, really good back, underrated, could start somewhere else for sure.

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,258

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    Vikings target own free agents
    That's a no brainer. Obviously teams are going to target their own FA first.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't see Moore coming back.
    DT is 50/50.

    We' be dumb to let Farwell go, he's a great Special Teams player.

    Richardson is also worth keeping for the short term...
    Couldn't agree more.

    DT will probably get overpaid by somebody and will leave... unfortunately we'd lose our backup at every position.... I actually think he's vastly more important than most of us realize...
    Two things.......

    1.
    Believe it or not that is a good sign.
    It means your team is not only starting to get talented starters but your depth behind them is starter material. Those guys will almost always leave in FA if the starter ahead of them is gonna be around for a while.

    2.
    It is also the reason you will see this staff draft players at positions that will leave some of us scratching our head.
    If they do the right thing they will draft 2 replacements for depth players that are/could leave (I.e DT, S, FB etc) and stay away from the sexy positions (WR, TE, OL) that alot of casual football enthusiasts always make thier draft requests for.

    Again, its the nature of the beast for first contract vets acting as backups to test the FA market.
    The better ones will get signed by thier teams, the next group might or might not get contract offers and come back but the ones who want to start and make a big cash payout will go.

    Long story short, if a team drafts wisely and replaces these guys with quality rooks then we shouldn't see to much of a drop off in production when the backups are in tne the team will always have bright young talent sitting in the wings when one of the starters leaves via retirement or when his productivity drops off.

    By the rankings of our passing game and our pass defense I think it is safe to say that many of our starters are not even starter material yet which stands to figure our depth at those positions is not too great. ;D ;D ;D ;D

    We have depth at RB.

    We have no depth at QB

    We have no proven depth at WR ( Potential yet, but it is only potential until they prove otherwise)

    We have very little at TE in terms of passing production. For blocking at TE we can hold our own.

    We have no depth at O-line and there are starters who are not doing enough in the passing game.





    We have depth but not much quality in the secondary. I know people will get riled at that statement














    but we have been toasted in the secondary for the better part of the last decade or more and there is no sign of that getting better let alone having quality depth.

    Our LB corps should be OK but I am not sure how much quality we have in the reserves.

    The D-line is pretty solid in the middle and the backups looked pretty good if they stick around and stay out of jail but our DE end position needs to be stronger. I like the young guys they brought in the last few years and hopefully they can become a strong unit. ;D ;D
    I guess that we differ with respect to a few positions (i.e. TE, OL, CB).

    I think we have good depth at those positions although they are all a bit raw and still are in the developmental stages in most areas.

    At QB we do have depth but not quality.
    TJ will be fine as a starter next year regardless of what everyone else thinks and BB could come in and win a few games but a better backup option is desirable in my book.

    OL will be fine next year with Dan coming back to act as Birks backup and swing man.
    Cook will continue to get better and the line as a whole will improve if for no other reason as they have gotten time getting used to the scheme, what is expected of them as well as getting comfortable playing next to each other.

    DT and S we are thin at if for no other reason than that we are gonna loose backup(s) in FA that won't come back (Spencer, Doss, Tank).

    I think the biggest difference between what you see and what I see is the fact that I am comfortable with the progress of some of our rooks and thier anticipated play next year.
    Nothing wrong with different outlooks. It's what makes this country great.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    224

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    A guy they should think about keeping is Robert Ferguson he has some talent

  10. #20
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings target own free agents

    "Vikings" wrote:
    A guy they should think about keeping is Robert Ferguson he has some talent
    He won't be going anywhere, they have no reason to release him at this point unless its needed for depths reasons late into training camp.

    I'd be devestated if Farwell leaves, Thomas & MeMo will probably both get better deals somewhere else... i'll be sad to see them leave but happy for them to get a better opportunity.
    Those are two very talented players that I was always proud to get a chance to meet at training camp and get their autographs.
    The safety situation will be the most interesting this free agency imo


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Free Agents In 2011
    By HEY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 01:21 AM
  2. Vikings Free Agents In 2011
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM
  3. 2009 Vikings Free Agents
    By V-Unit in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
  4. The Vikings have signed three free agents.
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
  5. Vikings to sign 3 more Free Agents?
    By Mr. Purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 12:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •