Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Talks, Interests & Non-Interests

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Thats news to me, I was sure he was testing the market with his resent years numbers and find a place that would give him more time on the field. I don't have a link to back it up right now though.

Anyway I'll say it's good then, considering his production after they moved him down to fewer snaps.
    It was an interview on Sirus radio. He is 33 years old in June and entering his 11th season, he admitted that he felt his success has been coming from his limited snaps. He said he would be reluctant to pass that up because he feels it gives his team and himself an edge.

Someone posted an excerpt of it on here, I don't remember where. With as fast as things move.

In a nutshell he knows being 33 and a 11yr pro he will not garner a long term deal, so he wants to spend his time in a system that will maximize and prolong his remaining carreer. He also said something along the lines of with a new coaching staff he didn't know what his role would be and his decision depended on that.

I'm not saying it is a sure thing. From what I heard him say it soulded to me that is Minnesota is fair and treats him ok then he plans on staying.

You could be right though, maybe some team with throw out an offer he can't refuse.
    Maybe we're on the same page here then after all. He's probably tried using the situation as a FA with good numbers to test the market, but has no reservation as of returning to the Vikes to end his career. Seems like a smart move by him

Is it possible I also heard someone mention him as a prospect as coach, given a high work ethic, or did I just dream that?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'd love to see Johnstone stay.. He seems to have a really intelligent head on his shoulders. All too often you see players in the latter stages of their career acting and speaking as though they're 26; demanding more money and more playing time. The fact that Johnstone accepts his role and undertands the benefits both to himself AND the team is something that Childress, Wilf and Brzezinski (especially Brzezinski) must appreciate.

And with a Cover 2 you need an excellent Pass-Rush out of the Front Four. And who has been the Vikings top 2 sackmeisters for the past 3 years? Oh yeah.. Kevin Williams and Lance Johnstone. Surely if the Vikes let Johnstone go, then Kevin will have no-one to make the annual wager on who gets the most sacks with!! :-P

Hopefully we'll see some more production from James and Udeze next year as well

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Thats news to me, I was sure he was testing the market with his resent years numbers and find a place that would give him more time on the field. I don't have a link to back it up right now though.

Anyway I'll say it's good then, considering his production after they moved him down to fewer snaps.
    It was an interview on Sirus radio. He is 33 years old in June and entering his 11th season, he admitted that he felt his success has been coming from his limited snaps. He said he would be reluctant to pass that up because he feels it gives his team and himself an edge.

Someone posted an excerpt of it on here, I don't remember where. With as fast as things move.

In a nutshell he knows being 33 and a 11yr pro he will not garner a long term deal, so he wants to spend his time in a system that will maximize and prolong his remaining carreer. He also said something along the lines of with a new coaching staff he didn't know what his role would be and his decision depended on that.

I'm not saying it is a sure thing. From what I heard him say it soulded to me that is Minnesota is fair and treats him ok then he plans on staying.

You could be right though, maybe some team with throw out an offer he can't refuse.
    Maybe we're on the same page here then after all. He's probably tried using the situation as a FA with good numbers to test the market, but has no reservation as of returning to the Vikes to end his career. Seems like a smart move by him

Is it possible I also heard someone mention him as a prospect as coach, given a high work ethic, or did I just dream that?
    I mentioned it in passing that I would like to see him end his carreer a Viking and then go on to coach the Line because he is known to have some of if not the best line technique in the game.

He has mentioned in the past a desire to coach at some level. That's the only reason I made that connection.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

I mentioned it in passing that I would like to see him end his carreer a Viking and then go on to coach the Line because he is known to have some of if not the best line technique in the game.

He has mentioned in the past a desire to coach at some level. That's the only reason I made that connection.
    Thats what we'll do then. :smile:

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    All sounds great to me except Paul Edinger. I think with the talent at PK this offseason we should atleast attempt to get a Vinateri, Vanderjagt, or even Longwell is better than Edinger.

Those 3 guys have proved that they hit just about everything. Longwell is somewhat of a risk, but Vanderjagt, and Vinateri would be a huge upgrade at that position. IMO
    VanderJagt seems to be continually hampered by leg injuries. Not to keep him from kicking FGs, but he doesn't/hasn't do KO duties so we would have to use another roster spot. IDK how big of a problem it ahs been, I just remember seeing this when I watched. Matbe he will be almost 100% this season.

Longwell ????

Adam V, IDK why the Pats are not more persistant with him, heck, they can still lock him down b4 Friday. I think they get him resigned.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

If the Vikes land AV i will just love it...but like you say snow...Pats have til friday to sign him

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

How much do ya think the three kickers are looking for in contracts? All three would be better then what we have now imo, Longwell would be pretty solid kicking indoors as most kickers should be.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:
    How much do ya think the three kickers are looking for in contracts? All three would be better then what we have now imo, Longwell would be pretty solid kicking indoors as most kickers should be.
    If you want a guess, I will attempt it. With the number I posted earlier in a prev thread, I would say 1.5-2 mil, plus incentives for Adam and Vander.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Espn Article:
    Vinatieri, 33, has been named the team's franchise player twice, including last year, when he was paid $2.5 million.

Another Article on Franchise Tags from last year:
    PATRIOTS Adam Vinatieri K $1.8 million
    I would hope Longewell would come in slightly lower than the other 2.

Navycoach is offline Starter

I read today that Eric Moulds rejected an offer from the Bills to redo his contract. It could lead them to release him as early as this week. Might be a nice complement to Koren Robinson if we can keep him. Thoughts?

Here's a link to the article: Eric Moulds

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast