Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Talks, Interests & Non-Interests

From KFFL:

Vikings | Team meets with W. Offord's agent
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:49:27 -0800

Updating previous reports, Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have talked with the agent for potential free agent FS Willie Offord. The two sides were expected to meet again Monday, Feb. 27.

Vikings | Team interested in Dielman
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:48:32 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are interested in San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman, who is eligible for restricted free agency March 3. The Chargers are expected to offer Dielman a first-round qualifying offer.

Vikings | Team might try to keep Edinger
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:47:56 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings might try to re-sign potential free agent PK Paul Edinger. Edinger's agent, Ken Harris, talked with the team last week to touch base but did not exchange contract figures. Harris will look for an upgrade over the $540,000 base salary and $300,000 in incentives that Edinger agreed to for the 2005 season.

Vikings | Team indicating they would like to keep L. Johnstone
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:46:12 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not talked with the agent for potential free agent DL Lance Johnstone, but are giving indications they have interest in keeping him with the team.

Vikings | Team talks with K. Robinson's agent
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:45:50 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have talked with the agent for potential free agent WR Koren Robinson. His agent is optimistic a deal will get done with the team and expects to talk with them throughout the week. The Vikings have the right to match any offer Robinson receives.

Vikings | Team not showing interest in J. Lewis
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:45:28 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings have not shown any interest in Baltimore Ravens RB Jamal Lewis, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent March 3. Lewis' agent, Mitch Frankel, said, "They have not expressed any interest. Usually teams in general call to say, 'We're interested and when free agency starts we'll call.' I have to assume they are not interested at this point."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Talks, Interests & Non-Interests

These are all great news as I see them.

- We keep Krob
    - We get a new OG i FA
    - We are not going for Jamal Lewis

Perhaps the exception

- Johnstone won't be here next year though they want to bring him back.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    These are all great news as I see them.

- We keep Krob
    - We get a new OG i FA
    - We are not going for Jamal Lewis

Perhaps the exception

- Johnstone won't be here next year though they want to bring him back.
    There is no reason Johnstone would leave. If they offer him something fair. He has stated he wants to be a Viking and he understands he is past his prime. If they offer him something standard I bet he will take it.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thats news to me, I was sure he was testing the market with his resent years numbers and find a place that would give him more time on the field. I don't have a link to back it up right now though.

Anyway I'll say it's good then, considering his production after they moved him down to fewer snaps.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings | Team interested in Dielman
    Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:48:32 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings are interested in San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman, who is eligible for restricted free agency March 3. The Chargers are expected to offer Dielman a first-round qualifying offer.
    We would have to give up some compensation to get him since he is restricted?????

I think that the offensive line is the best place to spend money on proven linemen. It says we don't have time to wait for a rookie to develop, we want to have offense now without questions marks and holes to fill.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'de love to Johnstone stay.....He can still make some plays...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I wanna see Lance in Purple again also, he is a great pass rusher.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

All sounds great to me except Paul Edinger. I think with the talent at PK this offseason we should atleast attempt to get a Vinateri, Vanderjagt, or even Longwell is better than Edinger.

Those 3 guys have proved that they hit just about everything. Longwell is somewhat of a risk, but Vanderjagt, and Vinateri would be a huge upgrade at that position. IMO

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    Thats news to me, I was sure he was testing the market with his resent years numbers and find a place that would give him more time on the field. I don't have a link to back it up right now though.

Anyway I'll say it's good then, considering his production after they moved him down to fewer snaps.
    It was an interview on Sirus radio. He is 33 years old in June and entering his 11th season, he admitted that he felt his success has been coming from his limited snaps. He said he would be reluctant to pass that up because he feels it gives his team and himself an edge.

Someone posted an excerpt of it on here, I don't remember where. With as fast as things move.

In a nutshell he knows being 33 and a 11yr pro he will not garner a long term deal, so he wants to spend his time in a system that will maximize and prolong his remaining carreer. He also said something along the lines of with a new coaching staff he didn't know what his role would be and his decision depended on that.

I'm not saying it is a sure thing. From what I heard him say it soulded to me that is Minnesota is fair and treats him ok then he plans on staying.

You could be right though, maybe some team with throw out an offer he can't refuse.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

At least there is not much yet about Newman leaving. Gotta keep that guy for sure!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast