Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings still short on offensive tackles after NFL draft

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings still short on offensive tackles after NFL draft[/size]

But Childress doesn't seem to be worried

By Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 04/27/2008 11:31:09 PM CDT

After aggressively addressing one glaring need last week, the Vikings didn't have an opportunity to shore up another one over the weekend.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings still short on offensive tackles after NFL draft

They DID add one of Booty's blockers from USC though in FA (Drew Radovich T USC), so there will be some depth in training camp.
    Who knows?
    This guy might stick...and it may well be that the Vikes are plenty happy with what they have right now.
    Besides, there are still a few FA OTs with NFL experience floating around looking for work...the Vikes could easily sign one of those guys to fill in if McKinnie gets suspended for any great length of time due to his legal troubles.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

While I do want them to add more players on the OL, I think they did the right thing by not reaching for an OT with their first pick as I don't think there were any blue chippers left. As far as guards and centers, they will still have a chance to snag a few before TC and as long as they do that plus maybe a T or 2 to add some competition they will be OK. If they don't add anybody they will have problems

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    While I do want them to add more players on the OL, I think they did the right thing by not reaching for an OT with their first pick as I don't think there were any blue chippers left. As far as guards and centers, they will still have a chance to snag a few before TC and as long as they do that plus maybe a T or 2 to add some competition they will be OK. If they don't add anybody they will have problems
    Of the 16 UDFA's that they signed, only 2 were offensive lineman;

1 Center
    1 Tackle

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The Vikings sent their seventh-round pick to Green Bay to move up 13 spots for Booty. Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman said it wasn't unusual to deal with a divisional rival.
    I wonder if this means the Chiller's career is now hitched to getting some good Booty?

13 spots is quite a few jumps for some Booty.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Of the 16 UDFA's that they signed, only 2 were offensive lineman;

1 Center
    1 Tackle
    Yes, but there will be more available before and into camp. Hopefully some that have experience zone blocking so they don't need the time to retrain.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Childress has a point when he says nobody has left us in that regard there and that those five guys played all right last year but I am afraid that all right is not going to be good enough for TJ to have time in the pocket when McKinnie is suspended. Those first two games could be rough.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    Childress has a point when he says nobody has left us in that regard there and that those five guys played all right last year but I am afraid that all right is not going to be good enough for TJ to have time in the pocket when McKinnie is suspended. Those first two games could be rough.

I hope it's only 2.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

I hope it's only 2.
    Problem is, as I said in the McKinnie thread, the first one is against the Packers. You could very easily see Hicks playing LT in that game.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

I hope it's only 2.
    i wish they would suspend him now so we know how many games its going to be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast