Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Vikings still have shot at drafting Quinn

Good don't want him anyway.
    We do not need Quinn at all.
    What good does it do to get a guy who can and has played in a Pro style offense and has no one to throw it to.
    I don't even see why we waste time on talking about Quinn.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I think the pick is just fine for Quinn, look how far Lienhart dropped?!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Carr was released.
    I hope we grab him

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Olson, I have seen you mention it in a couple of threads, and the closer we get to the draft, the more I think you are right about Quinn.
    I think he is a top 5 pick.
    If the top teams don't select him, someone will make a move for him.

tclawmen is offline Starter

"Nephilim" wrote:

If all you are saying is that Quinn might fall to the 7th pick, then yes I agree with you, it is a real possibility.
    But, if your reference to Lienhart is in any way saying that Quinn would have similar success if drafted by the Vikes, then I think you are forgetting who Lienhart throws to and who Quinn would be throwing to.
    That is the reason why IMO we cant go after any Q/B in the 1st round.
    If we did, then what do we do with Jackson, that would basically say we wasted our pick when we took him
    in the 2nd round last year.
    I think Jackson can be effective, he just needs to get
    some weapons to throw to.
    Taking Quinn would be a mistake because it wont make any difference who the Q/B is if he doesnt have any playmakers to throw to.
    I dont know who the Vikes are going after in the first round but it has to be a player of need.
    Hopefully Adams will fall to us (I know I am dreaming) but there are a hand full of w/r's that I believe will help us that will be available in the 2nd round.
    DONT DRAFT A Q/B IN THE FIRST ROUND.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:

If all you are saying is that Quinn might fall to the 7th pick, then yes I agree with you, it is a real possibility.
    But, if your reference to Lienhart is in any way saying that Quinn would have similar success if drafted by the Vikes, then I think you are forgetting who Lienhart throws to and who Quinn would be throwing to.
    That is the reason why IMO we cant go after any Q/B in the 1st round.
    If we did, then what do we do with Jackson, that would basically say we wasted our pick when we took him
    in the 2nd round last year.
    I think Jackson can be effective, he just needs to get
    some weapons to throw to.
    Taking Quinn would be a mistake because it wont make any difference who the Q/B is if he doesnt have any playmakers to throw to.
    I dont know who the Vikes are going after in the first round but it has to be a player of need.
    Hopefully Adams will fall to us (I know I am dreaming) but there are a hand full of w/r's that I believe will help us that will be available in the 2nd round.
    DONT DRAFT A Q/B IN THE FIRST ROUND.

I agree TOTALLY!!!
    We NEED targets for our QB to throw to...that is the first priority!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

we wasted our pick
    This is getting to be one of the most over used cliche's on this page.

Explain to me why any pick is considered a waste?
    Teams draft QB's all the time that never make it in the NFL or are life long backups.

Now I am not jumping off the TJ bandwagon yet as I think he shows great upside, but come on.
    Are you saying if Quinn/Anderson/Landry are your choices you would pass on Quinn just because we have a 2nd year raw QB on our roster?

If memory serves we had some pretty good WR on our team when we picked Randy.
    Are you saying that we wasted a pick on say Jake?

Doesn't wash with me anymore and I am tired of hearing it as an excuse to not taking a potential starting/franchise QB that would be a perfect fit for the WCO.

IMHO of course...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tclawmen is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:
    we wasted our pick

Teams draft QB's all the time that never make it in the NFL or are life long backups.

Doesn't wash with me anymore and I am tired of hearing it as an excuse to not taking a potential starting/franchise QB that would be a perfect fit for the WCO.

IMHO of course. . . . . .
    ;

I hesitate to get into this because it seems quite often when there is a difference of opinion on this site, it can turn into a personal pissin contest and that is not what I am trying to do here.
    So let me prefice my comments with this: You have every right to your opinion and if it is different than mine so be it.
    Now, that being said, I believe that if you are going to draft a player in the 1st or 2nd round, especially at Q/B, you need to give that player the opportunity and the playing time to show his skills.
    If we take Quinn in the 1st round, he then becomes the starter, Jackson becomes the backup, and unless there is an injury to Quinn, Jackson never sees the field.
    That to me is a total waste of taking him in the 2nd round last year because I dont believe they drafted him to be a backup his entire career.
    Now, if you feel that Jackson can do the job, than why are we even looking at taking Quinn in the first place.
    Only one person can play Q/B at a time and if Jackson can do the job then Quinn would not step on the field and that would be a waste of this years 1st round pick.
    In either case, if we draft a Q/B in the 1st round this year we wasted a pick someplace.
    IMHO

"tclawmen" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    we wasted our pick

IMHO of course. . . . . .
    ;

I hesitate to get into this because it seems quite often when there is a difference of opinion on this site, it can turn into a personal pissin contest and that is not what I am trying to do here.
    So let me prefice my comments with this: You have every right to your opinion and if it is different than mine so be it.
    Now, that being said, I believe that if you are going to draft a player in the 1st or 2nd round, especially at Q/B, you need to give that player the opportunity and the playing time to show his skills.
    If we take Quinn in the 1st round, he then becomes the starter, Jackson becomes the backup, and unless there is an injury to Quinn, Jackson never sees the field.
    That to me is a total waste of taking him in the 2nd round last year because I dont believe they drafted him to be a backup his entire career.
    Now, if you feel that Jackson can do the job, than why are we even looking at taking Quinn in the first place.
    Only one person can play Q/B at a time and if Jackson can do the job then Quinn would not step on the field and that would be a waste of this years 1st round pick.
    In either case, if we draft a Q/B in the 1st round this year we wasted a pick someplace.
    IMHO
    We've been through this a dozen times before, so I also hesitate to get into this AGAIN, but let me summarize...

If drafted, Quinn would compete to start.
    If he started, TJackson is not a 'wasted pick'; he is a backup, hopefully a quality backup, which is needed for EVERY position on an NFL team. QBs rarely go through a season without being injured and sidelined.
    Nearly every team carries 3 QBs on the roster; i.e. 2 roster QBs, plus the 'emergency QB' allowed by roster rules.
    I would prefer that the Vikings add Quinn, to replace Henson, to upgrade.

So, either Quinn or TJackson or Bollinger would backup the starting QB and provide insurance against the other QBs 'busting'.

If TJackson were drafted at the end of rd 2, and a better QB ( rd 1, top 10 talent ) were available, it would be a 'waste' to not upgrade with the greater talented QB.
    It would also be a 'waste' because the opportunity to upgrade with a top 10 talent QB doesn't present itself very often.
    Viking Fans have been clamoring for upgrades to the current WRs on the roster (McMullen, Williamson, Wade, JCarter, other rookies ), and at DE, and at RB, and at Safety (e.g. Landry), and at MLB ( misc. free agent MLBs ), so why aren't they consistent when it comes to upgrading at QB?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

This is simple,..If ya can get the best, ya take the best,....OR The best there is,....Hey , then ya a future, trade bait,...anything is possible....If we can get Quinn,...TAKE HIM!!! THEN
    think of you're long term plan...What kind of off. are ya gonna have??!!
    What combo is of more value??? Quinn as a promise, and Jackson as trade bait???, O visa versa???...And either way,....We GOTTA get some Promise fron either of those two!!!!
    If we can get him,...grab him!!!
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast